Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

Zow237

I know these two presses are very different but Can someone explain to me what the benefits are for the rosin tech go press and the cheaper neumatic dabpress. I want to buy a press and start squishing hash and dry sift :). I’m going to read over this thread but is there anywhere else I could learn what I’m doing? Anyone an expert per say that could pm me and help me out? I’m such an idiot when it comes to diy anything. So I’m wondering what the benefits are from something like the go compared to the dabpress, if any. Is it worth it for me to get a press that can be set up with buttons or do I want a jack style? Pros cons? I’m just not sure if for me a 400 dollar press is going to do the same thing for the go @300 but was thinking about grabbing the one on classifieds. Thanks all in advance. Idk if this even supposed to be in this thread. My bad if it isn’t

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: Hogni

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I know these two presses are very different but Can someone explain to me what the benefits are for the rosin tech go press and the cheaper neumatic dabpress. I want to buy a press and start squishing hash and dry sift :). I’m going to read over this thread but is there anywhere else I could learn what I’m doing? Anyone an expert per say that could pm me and help me out? I’m such an idiot when it comes to diy anything. So I’m wondering what the benefits are from something like the go compared to the dabpress, if any. Is it worth it for me to get a press that can be set up with buttons or do I want a jack style? Pros cons? I’m just not sure if for me a 400 dollar press is going to do the same thing for the go @300 but was thinking about grabbing the one on classifieds. Thanks all in advance. Idk if this even supposed to be in this thread. My bad if it isn’t
I think this is not the info you are looking for but, in my experience, a hair iron with low temp is enough to squish hasch/kief for personnal use. I press usually 1.5-2g and get at least a 50% yield and my hasch might not to be the best if I compare to the products you have access to in Colorado.

Some guys here stated the rosin from hasch to be less prone to gunk the atties, ime this is not the case... don't know if it's cause the initial product (the main suspect imo), the filter (I use a ss filter screen a nice member sent me for free! idk the size but he told me it was for rosin hasch purpose) or the temp ( the lower temp of my hair iron is 100°C)... I always get a very dark end result and I usually stop to squish when I don't hear any sizzle noise (+ or - 1mn). My hasch is compressed kief from morocco, I have some experience and know the hasch I get is not adulterated but is not the best I already saw around, my bet is there is a large amount of undesired "dust" in the kief, powdered plant matter, sand or whatever else (!!!) which contributes to a slightly "polluted" rosin.
Although another bet is the aged hasch I use, I already extracted bho from a +3 years old weed and got a very dark and runny (cause decarbed) final product. I think it might be the same with haschich, the older will produce a darker rosin than a freshly processed hasch.

My thoughts...

MegaMan2k

Some Headstash via KarmaGenetics, very tasty....

ABOB21.jpg

tepictoton

Karmagenetics... One of my all time favoritas when it comes to seeds.... :)

I can only imagine the stink that must be comming of that little pile of unicorn poop :lol:

tepictoton,

MegaMan2k

Karmagenetics... One of my all time favoritas when it comes to seeds.... :)

I can only imagine the stink that must be comming of that little pile of unicorn poop :lol:

Same here m8, All time favorites :p
Headstash really had that fruity / cherry pie at the first hint, but when u dive in deeper u find the kushy backtones for sure.

I squished half a pound of it and smoked it all pretty much by myself, and i could still smoke another half pound after this if need arises, so its not something that i get bored with puffing on either.

VERY nice looking. Temp, pressure, time?

ty I made it on my 10 ton-
Only went up to around 7.5
And at 200f for about 2-3 min.

10 g bud squished yielded around 2g
and second squish held maybe 0.2 or 0.3 at 225 F
Went to 10 ton on second,

Zow237

Just squished with the rosin tech go from @MinnBobber. This thing is fun :) squished a gram and came out with .1 on 2 squishes. Not sure how good that is but it looks yummy. Time to mess around with temp and times. Just tried both of the rosin I made and wow. I’m not sure if I want to vape on flower when I can get this great product

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Just tried both of the rosin I made and wow. I’m not sure if I want to vape on flower when I can get this great product
................................................................................
How does the rosin smell, straight up/without vaping? My rosin has this super intense smell where I'd like to just hang a dab of it under my nose to smell all day long :)
I suppose it depends on the strain but the smell is heavenly....

Zow237

................................................................................
How does the rosin smell, straight up/without vaping? My rosin has this super intense smell where I'd like to just hang a dab of it under my nose to smell all day long :)
I suppose it depends on the strain but the smell is heavenly....
Bro it smells soooooo good. I got much more from half a gram squish. I think I’m going to buy a bigger unit. I’d love to squish more than a half g :). Now I have to figure out wha. I have to get a clamp so I can get it to release. There is no e z way to get it unclamped hahah. I think I’m going to jump on the myrosinpress deal :)
xeh2jc.jpg
[/IMG]
.6 of some alien rock candy
xeh2jc.jpg

Last edited:
Zow237,

MegaMan2k

Thanks...I'm right in the same ball park.

Very good to hear, Baron...

Lately i've been squishing imported hash from morocco along with my flowers, and mixing my way to a profile i enjoy the most
a "reciepe" will look like this :

20% Headstash (Flower rosin)
20% Gorilla glue (Flower rosin)
20% G13 (Flower rosin)
40% Imported hashish squished into rosin, sometimes more than 1 kind, (basically hash rosin,)

^This here with 3 types of flower rosin, and 1 type of hash rosin, seem to be the sweet spot for me,
But its always hard to replicate my results here since the types of imported hash that i use is often of different variety.
And it will also depend on how well-grown ur bud is, if the rosin comes out sabby due to high terpene content i would infact use less flower rosin,

My theory is that this is kind of like adding terps to a distillate,
Since the moroccan hash is often high in thc% but low on terps
It makes a great pair with the rosin extracted from indoor grown buds,

Actually i will go out on a limb and say that i now prefer this "mixed rosin" as my daily driver,
and then using the straight bubblerosin or highterp flower rosin only on weekends or special occasions,

I guess since the imported stuff is often aged for longer time than the indoor i have acces to is,
It makes the effect slightly less heady and instead adds some chill-factor, just that feeling of calmness
Which imo feels like the perfect state of mind to stay in for interacting with people during the day etc.

Zementos

Can anybody recommend the rosin tech presses? I'm looking at the go/twist/smash.
They have 25% discount at the moment and I think they also ship from europe.

Last edited:
Zementos,
Reactions: Zow237

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Are there any brands in the rosin press industry that are known to be poor units?
With so many options, I am curious if there are any obvious brands to avoid...

I'm likely going to pull the trigger on a 3x5 10t dab press hydraulic this week, and am just taking a last stroll of consideration before pulling the trigger.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Zow237

Baron23

And I would definitely consider NewVape for production scenarios.

As I just said in the DabPress thread....I have a NewVape Micro20 and its of the absolute best quality of design, material, and manf.

But you have to give Dabpress all the credit they deserve. I don't believe anybody in the USA can touch their offering of feature/function for their absolutely unbeatable price.

I guess is just one of those new world order realities! haha

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As I just said in the DabPress thread....I have a NewVape Micro20 and its of the absolute best quality of design, material, and manf.

But you have to give Dabpress all the credit they deserve. I don't believe anybody in the USA can touch their offering of feature/function for their absolutely unbeatable price.

I guess is just one of those new world order realities! haha

Their new Compact 20 looks really nice too, love the full width paper tray. If I needed more capability than my casual use it seems like a very solid option in its price point.

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom