Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

MegaMan2k

I may report back later, and share my wild life you fellas :D ...
But if its too wet i might leave for another 12-24 hours

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: steama

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I pressed out some electric lemon g yesterday, and it's already buddered up to a day old cake frosting consistancy with RT ranging from 70-80F. This stuff looks like it'd be a worthy candidate for THC-a isolation =)

65% RH, 2200 PSI, 3 mins @ 190F with 160u filter - 19.6% yield

MEVlWYo.jpg

MegaMan2k

The Intrega are glycerine based and salt free but not re-activatable like the Bovedas.

So if someone didn't mind buying new ones/only using a small amount anyway, intrega would indeed be superior to boveda because of these properties?

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: shredder

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dabpress has just released their 3x5" bottle jack press for home rosin extractions without the need for a huge shop-press. Small form factor and priced for budget/space concious consumers.

$469 -
https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-presses/products/dp-bj6t35-hydraulic-rosin-press-kit

For FC members only, they receive a pre-press mold with filters, and a dab tool kit. Basically EVERYTHING you need except for flowers.

For more information on this press check the thread here -

What is anodized rosin plate kit? How to use it?

anasrzi

Thats looks neith on perfect for a pressing newbie @psychonaut thanks for posting that up. Don't suppose they are going to offer a EU/U.K version too? I've got a set of there spring loaded plates in my eBay list but buying a whole setup pre-done if your starting out is a no brainer imo

Edit: EU version available too yippee :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yep EU versions available on dabpress.com, they also sell on dhgate. North American customers can buy @ Amazon.com and Amazon.ca. New products seem to take 2-6 weeks to reach amazon warehouse after release.

My purchases from dabpress.com in China using DHL shipping took 5 business days (ordered on Sunday received on Friday) to me in rural Colorado, USA.

biohacker

Need some pro help fellas! Picked up this awesome hash rosin strain from Hashy Hands that is shatter consistency.... tastes incredible with awesome full spectrum effects... however, for some reason it froths up on my SiC dish, and absolutely destroys my carp cap with reclaim (all brown and bubbly inside the lips/ridges of the cap). I've tried preheating the carb cap without success, and i'm at 590 on my controller (I never go over 600 for ANY material in general).... i've never seen this ever before, in over 100 strains of rosin! Any ideas?

https://truemeds.ca/_shop/c.php?v=product&id=718

Last edited:

shredder

Need some pro help fellas! Picked up this awesome hash rosin strain from Hashy Hands that is shatter consistency.... tastes incredible with awesome full spectrum effects... however, for some reason it froths up on my SiC dish, and absolutely destroys my carp cap with reclaim (all brown and bubbly inside the lips/ridges of the cap). I've tried preheating the carb cap without success, and i'm at 590 on my controller (I never go over 600 for ANY material in general).... i've never seen this ever before, in over 100 strains of rosin! Any ideas?

https://truemeds.ca/_shop/c.php?v=product&id=718

Maybe turpenes added, or water? It seems unlikely since it is like shatter, but it sounds like water. I'd hit up your provider for answers.

Grifo

Does flower pressed st higher temps not butter up? Or does it take longer? I pressed some gelato at 200F and within the day(more like in a couple hours) it would butter up. I pressed the same flower at 220F and it's been more than a day and it hasn't buttered up.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Does flower pressed st higher temps not butter up? Or does it take longer? I pressed some gelato at 200F and within the day(more like in a couple hours) it would butter up. I pressed the same flower at 220F and it's been more than a day and it hasn't buttered up.
I've noticed this. It's why I've settled in on 205F as my main temperature ... this seems to for the most part prevent buddering (time and temperature dependent somewhat though still ...)

Usually stays stable for a week or more though ...

MegaMan2k

So i was making some edibles from rosin and i was trying to dosage each one the same...

Do we know
How much % THC is in Flower rosin? (Will vary from strains and grow method ofc)

But maybe an average, or like whats to expect if using a certain quality herb

I heard some say 60% and i heard some say more like 70-80%,

Also: if its lets say, 60% THC, does that mean i have 600 mg from 1 gram of rosin?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@MegaMan2k I use 70% for flower rosin, 80% for hash rosin in my calculations - and yes you got it, 60% THC = 600mg./

@Grifo I think it depends on a lot of factors, but if the oil is sitting on the plates the whole time and not running off the heat, it could be decarbing a bit more. I squish everything at 220 lately, my rosin is usually sappy like a pancake batter but I was attributing a good deal of that to terpene content. I can get a more solid texture squishing at a lower temp but I tend to prefer this gooey texture, I can just dip my dabber in like a jar of honey.

MegaMan2k

Melting some chocolate with infused coconut oil worked out pretty well, they should be around 120-150mg each according to the potency we discussed here.. Would that be a big or small dose for edibles, im not used to eating it

MinnBobber

they should be around 120-150mg each according to the potency we discussed here.. Would that be a big or small dose for edibles, im not used to eating it
120 -150 mg in an edible is a HUGE HUGE dose.
Please be careful. For those not familiar with edibles, IMO, 10 mg is a good starter dose. That would be 1/12 - 1/15 of a piece.

FYI, a friend just got back from CO and started story: budtender rec'd he take 25 mg THC/CBD full flower edible.
I butted in to say---25 sounds high, 10 mg is usually better. He goes on to say he was totally incapacitated for hours after it kicked in.

Start low and slow on these my friend :)

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Hogni

Grifo

Joey Diaz was doing 1000+Mg for a while on his podcast lol he had 2 people walk out of his podcast because they got too high lol

I wanna try to mix rosin with wax liquidizer so i can fill some carts

MegaMan2k

Right on guess i was way off on the dosages then :-o

I remember when i first started smoking weed years ago there was kind of a learning curve to enjoying and reaping the full benefits of the "High" , being a newbie with edibles, am i to expect anything like that learning curve again ? or have i already experienced everything these cannabinoids have to offer me from 10 years smoking/vaping?
It feels very much different to me, the high is nothing like im used to, long lasting solid medication that's for sure.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Joey Diaz was doing 1000+Mg for a while on his podcast lol he had 2 people walk out of his podcast because they got too high lol

I wanna try to mix rosin with wax liquidizer so i can fill some carts
When I'm using tincture as I can't vaporize due to location constraints, I'll usually go through anywhere from 500mg to 1000mg every 2 hours. (and that barely touches me! although if I do 1000mg on top of my regular vaping, I do notice a slight little "extra" ... good for when I'm at larger social gatherings where everyone else drinks since I don't ... even then ... they are WAY higher then me ... :lol: ...)

Top Bottom