Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

lazylathe

Almost there...
@psychonaut @steama

Exactly! For someone who may squish the odd nug here and there, something like this is perfect!
Small, compact, easy to use and an all in one unit.
I may use 2g of extract a year, sometimes not even that much, so investing $1000+ in a good setup is ridiculous for myself.

It would be nice to see one in action though!
Time to troll the internet...:zombie:

EDIT:
Not too hard...lol.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@lazylathe if you were more into concentrates, I'd say bypass that and invest in a 6-ton a-frame press with a small 2.5" round plates or 3x3" plates, it's about $300 for a setup like that, or even the nugsmasher mini I suppose! But if you're only gonna vape 2 grams of oil a year, hell maybe even a hair straightener will get you what you want and that's only $35. Could spend a little more and fabricate a home made cannaclamp for cheaper.

Anyway, I really don't recommend those presses for anyone who's wanting rosin as their main form of medicine.

miguelovic

Likely a freeze drier.

Odd that they've been in popular use for over a year and no one has posted data comparing freeze dried to traditional techniques.

Which further leads me to believe they sacrifice quality for appearance.

But who knows? I know of one on the island but people do not like to share expensive tools with strangers.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I know it's better to dry freeze isolator hash for fast and complete drying but do they squish that stuff out of the dry freezer or after rehydrating? Isn't a certain percentage of humidity better for squishing kief too?

Hogni,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Hogni

I know of the Canna Clamp, they are on V2 now.
You cannot compare the two presses at all imo.
The Canna Clamp is MASSIVE and can press large amounts at a time.
It is also temp adjustable, has removable plates and takes up a LOT of space comparatively.

That is serious overkill if I decide to press 1g nug for a few hits of rosin once or twice a year.

If I had the space, money and herb to press large quantities, these styles of presses would never interest me in the slightest.
However for an easy squish right where I vape, without leaving my desk or chair, this is really convenient!

Do you know of any other small HAND presses similar to the JU1CE BOX to compare to?
(apart from a hair straightener)

anasrzi

I'm leaning more towards the Canna Clamp type press after seeing the DIY versions over at IC @lazylathe, juice box still has my attention mine but making something DIY using a old pair of straighteners that runs on 230v is certainly a big plus for me, its shipping and import that hurts with international shipping.

Hogni

I get you, no I don't. The only thing I know is that overpriced Tarik & Rosin I got for a review last year.
Compared to that low quality plastic thingy I'd prefer to go with a simple hairstraightener + Irwin clamp. And I guess that would be even a better choice compared to the clamp press you showed. But just speculation.

lazylathe

Almost there...
On a whole other scale...
Has anyone seen this before??

A RESIN ROLLER!!! Heated rollers that press your rosin as it is pressed by the drums.

https://www.akgoodlight.com/rosin-roller-patented-rosin-extraction-technology/

@Hogni
We all have our own preferences and needs. I don't need a HUGE press...So I look at smaller ones for one person who does not use a lot of rosin at all. Makes sense?
I am a flower guy 99.99999% of the time.

lazylathe,
Reactions: JCat

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dabpress has a small unit they are finalizing. Personally I think it'll be a good gap to bridge between a huge professional style DIY press like what many of us use, to something small and compact yet affording serious tonnage. May also be attractive to the folks with limited space but still wanting professional quality.

The unit is about the size of a laptop carrying case and would likely fit inside one, it requires a seperate hand pump to work the hydraulics.

What is anodized rosin plate kit? How to use it?

T7ZTk7z.jpg

Hogni

@lazylathe , I already got your intention and preferences before. I just replied to your question for an alternative small hand press :wave:

Hogni,

Zdoor

Joined recently. Been lurking a while now and growing my own flower indoors for about 5 years. Recently, discovered the benefit of rosin and interested in pressing my own from the flower and hash I produce.

Have spent several weeks researching and seems like the more I learn the further I get from a decision. I have a decent budget (appx $1k) and am also pretty competent with building and fabricating.

I’m considering a DIY and several brand name presses. Need some insight from those with experience with both. The brand names I’m considering are nugsmasher, rosin tech, duly tech and five vapes.

How would the brands above compare to either a 12 ton benchtop using 3x7 or 3x5 dabpress caged and 20 ton floor standing. Space isn’t a big issue as I have plenty of room in the grow area.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

anasrzi

With that sort of budget @Zdoor you won't have trouble finding a quality press, oh and welcome to the forum, nice place, good people :). I've got a few bits saved on fleabay to make a Irwin inspired diy press with some very low temp straighteners pre owned, never mind some diy when required.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Joined recently. Been lurking a while now and growing my own flower indoors for about 5 years. Recently, discovered the benefit of rosin and interested in pressing my own from the flower and hash I produce.

Have spent several weeks researching and seems like the more I learn the further I get from a decision. I have a decent budget (appx $1k) and am also pretty competent with building and fabricating.

I’m considering a DIY and several brand name presses. Need some insight from those with experience with both. The brand names I’m considering are nugsmasher, rosin tech, duly tech and five vapes.

How would the brands above compare to either a 12 ton benchtop using 3x7 or 3x5 dabpress caged and 20 ton floor standing. Space isn’t a big issue as I have plenty of room in the grow area.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Dabpress is a supporter of FC and offers discounts to our members. I was the first member on FC to take the plunge and verify the quality and service. Disappointment has not been mentioned yet, we have a number of well known members using the equipment presently.

Send a PM to Roger @dabpress.com if you are interested in their products.

Currently all of their offerings are mostly for professional grade pressings using hydraulic setups, but if you scroll back you will see I have posted one of their prototype all-in-one models. They are ever expanding their line-up based on customer feedback. Within the next couple of months they will have small form factor offerings that will run the spectrum.

If you want small form factor, my suggestion is to wait and keep an eye on dabpress's thread here :2c:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/what-is-anodized-rosin-plate-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/

Perhaps someone with experience of the other companies you mentioned will be able to provide you with a comparison to the above mentions.

Zdoor

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning toward building my own. Will be fun to set up and think I’ll get better bang for my buck. Will update once I’ve put one together

Zdoor,
If you choose to build your own, I have built 4 or 5 of them starting with hair straighteners and all the way up to the rock and roll rosin machine LMAO

Pretty simple parts list if you do eBay. Ceramic mold heaters. Aluminum Round Stock.

If you are going to use a small A-frame press and use it for personal use, I recommend 4" round plates, 1" thick. That seemed to fan out to be the best size of all the sizes I tried. I used a 2gram pre-pressed puck. A simple fan speed controller to control the ceramic heaters.

Also, if you are going to build rather than buy just to save money, forget it. Building your own starts the tweaking process and that always costs more money. I have built so many of these, I could have bought the best of the best for the same amount. LOL

I ended up with the DabPress unit also and there's no looking back for me. I really like mine. I am going to get the new DabPress units when the come out.

Here are a couple shots of stuff along the way

tEbNgbF.jpg

gdIV3PU.jpg

wcYUNdC.jpg

FYolqIu.jpg

Top Bottom