Rosin press press molds

shredder

Does anyone use a rosin pre press mold? Homemade? Or purchased?

Any reviews or recommendations?

I'm looking at something for pre pressing flowers using 3x5 plates with a 20 ton press.

shredder,

E-Wax Canada

Manufacturer
I do. Here is my 10 ton Rosin Press/Enail setup.
xhLig3b.jpg
[/IMG] Pressing 1/2 gram to 1 gram gives the best yields with flower. Range from 18%-28% recovery based on weight. It all depends on the strain. Pm and I can send some more information.

Last edited:
E-Wax Canada,
Reactions: Prolusio

shredder

I do. Here is my 10 ton Rosin Press/Enail setup.
xhLig3b.jpg
[/IMG] Pressing 1/2 gram to 1 gram gives the best yields with flower. Range from 18%-28% recovery based on weight. It all depends on the strain. Pm and I can send some more information.

Sorry, can't see it.

Crazy bad ass brotha, but I'm asking about pre press molds. Something I can pre press a few grams (3-5) of bud to make a puck with before actually pressing for rosin.

shredder,

E-Wax Canada

Manufacturer
Sorry, can't see it.

Crazy bad ass brotha, but I'm asking about pre press molds. Something I can pre press a few grams (3-5) of bud to make a puck with before actually pressing for rosin.

So you are looking more for a hash press plate setup to pre squish your flower? I can have my machinist make a set for you. I just need to know what dimensions you are looking for. You will have much better results with less flower. I have some videos if you are interested. I have done 1 gr flower and 1/2 gr and 1/2 gr yields better. With my press setup, every 1 minute is 1/2 gr which equates to a days work in over 300-400 grams of yield. A little more work will create larger yields with flower. My 2 cents.

E-Wax Canada,

shredder

So you are looking more for a hash press plate setup to pre squish your flower? I can have my machinist make a set for you. I just need to know what dimensions you are looking for. You will have much better results with less flower. I have some videos if you are interested. I have done 1 gr flower and 1/2 gr and 1/2 gr yields better. With my press setup, every 1 minute is 1/2 gr which equates to a days work in over 300-400 grams of yield. A little more work will create larger yields with flower. My 2 cents.

I'm tried to get away from .5-1 gr presses. My plates are 3x5 so I'm looking at something like 1.5 x 3, or 2 x 3 or something in that range.

I'm wondering if you really need a bag?
You mean like what this guy sales. Not sure where else to get them but I would find a better source IMO because his customer relation skills seem horrible, but the idea is right!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...ies-usa-made-high-quality.23680/#post-1078172

Yes! I must have missed this thread, thanks!

Even a homemade solution, if it's not too complicated

shredder,

E-Wax Canada

Manufacturer
hey @E-Wax Canada welcome to FC.

Do you have any recommendations on a 220 volt starter press?

Something in the under $200 range (the further under the better)?

No, sorry I do not. Well, I do but you won't like it... a hair straightener. I would not go that route if I were you. The smaller presses are Ok but you lose so much yield if the pressure is not correct. You will end up spending more on material loss in the long run. Look at spending a few more bucks and get something with a quality backing and good warranty. Temp is also important.
220V is no problem to setup if needed. I can also setup industrial 400V Control/fused Box Setup If needed.

I can build you a simple Stainless Steel Plate system with Temp and Heat rods but cannot for under $200. My 6" x 3" stainless steel plates are $150cdn my cost a set. Then I pay for machining. They are not cheap and in this business if it is, you get what you pay for : ) I will have my smaller plate/Heater/dual Pid Setup shortly. This will come with out the press. This will be much cheaper. I will also have 2 piece plates for Flat and barrel coils. My prototypes should be ready in a few weeks. Might be a cheaper option for you.

I am also working on a Direct Flow Large Scale Rosin Plates that fluid all Rosin in a Container. This will be a 10" Plate for large scale production and will house a 30 ton Air/Hydraulic Press.

IMO save up a bit more and you will have more options then won't regret it in the long run. I am not sure if I can post a link( I will read over the rules again) so send me a PM and I will send you a video link of my 10 ton pressing from start to finish. I have done a few extraction videos to give you an idea.

Hope this helps you : )

lazylathe

Almost there...
@E-Wax Canada

Please post up the videos!!

Interested in what size plates you can manufacture. I would be interested in a smaller set up for personal use in a small press.

lazylathe,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
No, sorry I do not. Well, I do but you won't like it... a hair straightener. I would not go that route if I were you. The smaller presses are Ok but you lose so much yield if the pressure is not correct. You will end up spending more on material loss in the long run. Look at spending a few more bucks and get something with a quality backing and good warranty. Temp is also important.
220V is no problem to setup if needed. I can also setup industrial 400V Control/fused Box Setup If needed.

I can build you a simple Stainless Steel Plate system with Temp and Heat rods but cannot for under $200. My 6" x 3" stainless steel plates are $150cdn my cost a set. Then I pay for machining. They are not cheap and in this business if it is, you get what you pay for : ) I will have my smaller plate/Heater/dual Pid Setup shortly. This will come with out the press. This will be much cheaper. I will also have 2 piece plates for Flat and barrel coils. My prototypes should be ready in a few weeks. Might be a cheaper option for you.

I am also working on a Direct Flow Large Scale Rosin Plates that fluid all Rosin in a Container. This will be a 10" Plate for large scale production and will house a 30 ton Air/Hydraulic Press.

IMO save up a bit more and you will have more options then won't regret it in the long run. I am not sure if I can post a link( I will read over the rules again) so send me a PM and I will send you a video link of my 10 ton pressing from start to finish. I have done a few extraction videos to give you an idea.

Hope this helps you : )
Do you have any updates on the smaller plate kits? I am looking to buy a couple plates with heaters to build my own setup.

nosmoking,
Top Bottom