Rosin Help

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
Hey FC I have been a lurker for years, but never post. I am trying to make Rosin out of kief, wax paper & hair straightener. at 300 F the Kief turns to brick has but no dabs can anyone give me any tips because it seems easy via youtube.

HippieHitman,

herbivore21

Kief is usually very dry and doesn't press well for that reason. You need to give it some moisture/humidity. Storing it with a high RH% humidity pack (google 'boveda pack') 62% or higher will help here. Store your kief in a mason jar with this for a while before pressing and you should find better results.

herbivore21,
Reactions: Squiby

tepictoton

Use a filter to separate solids from oil. See 316twholesale for decent stainless steel screens.

Without a filter you are just going to heat press the kief into hashish. With a (37micron) filter you will press out the oil, keeping the solids trapped inside your filter.

tepictoton,
Reactions: Izan

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
What kind of filter would work the best? and I am using parchment paper. Also I will try the c vault pack. I currently have all my kief in the kief box, whats a better why to store it for rosin tech?

HippieHitman,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Prepress the kief into a compressed puck. Then squeeze that in parchment. It works great. The key is getting the initial puck.

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom