Discontinued Roots by Nordicvejp

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Look very nice, how is the heat retention? could you get multiple hits from one heating cycle...?

Which size is the heating element please? (I ask cause it might be nice if it can fit the Pipes induction heater (1.2cm ID)? Is it a ferrous alloy?

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer
Hi again, now i´m back home and uploaded a short video how i use the roots.
i clipped out some scenes because i live in sweden. Hope you understand that.

Look very nice, how is the heat retention? could you get multiple hits from one heating cycle...?

Which size is the heating element please? (I ask cause it might be nice if it can fit the Pipes induction heater (1.2cm ID)? Is it a ferrous alloy?
I measured the size for you and the heater is 12mm outside on the flattest side.
Hope this answer your question

Last edited:

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer
This is really interesting. You're not inhaling while heating. How do you know when it's hot enough? Is there any way to use it with water?

Hi Maggie, well this is another method how you can use this vaporizer. I like to heat it until it glows indoors and then control the heat with my airflow(hope you understand what i mean). you learn this very fast.
outdoors i like to heat it first until it glows and then keep heating while inhaling. You get a feeling very fast when it is good heat :)

Yeah water adapter will follow also later, i already build a very early version and i love it.
I have so many ideas in mind but they all will only be possible if you all like the device :)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Maybe we can think about a handle... could you draw on the device with the cap on place to improve the heat retention?

Did you tried it with concentrates?

Awesome clouds and thanks for your reply (and sorry for all this questions...)!

Cl4ud3

So my Roots vape arrived in the UK today and so far I got to admit I'm impressed. It's a smaller device than I pictured but that isn't a bad thing. The finish is very smooth and so far there is nothing I can fault it on. The thing is so easy and intuitive to use.

First hit was pure taste, then you get a slight hint of the birch wood which is very very pleasing. This is going to be a fun day of testing I feel.

NIxmrIN.jpeg

f1WYehG.jpeg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So my Roots vape arrived in the UK today and so far I got to admit I'm impressed. It's a smaller device than I pictured but that isn't a bad thing. The finish is very smooth and so far there is nothing I can fault it on. The thing is so easy and intuitive to use.

First hit was pure taste, then you get a slight hint of the birch wood which is very very pleasing. This is going to be a fun day of testing I feel.

NIxmrIN.jpeg

f1WYehG.jpeg

Hey mate,
Great to hear that you pulled the trigger!:nod:

Do you have a suitable/triple/quad torch by any chance? Or anyone else that has a roots? I'd love to hear how much it would affect heating time.:)

Enjoy the learning curve:)
And if ya can and like to do, I always love to see motion pics :D

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cl4ud3

Hey mate,
Great to hear that you pulled the trigger!:nod:

Do you have a suitable/triple/quad torch by any chance? Or anyone else that has a roots? I'd love to hear how much it would affect heating time.:)

Enjoy the learning curve:)
http://picgur.org/images/2017/08/09/IMG_4322.jpgAnd if ya can and like to do, I always love to see motion pics :D

Cheers!
My Quad died this week :( typical bad timing there, and living in the middle of nowhere I can't get another till next week. Will try and get some video up etc soon :)
GnmVnKu.jpeg

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer
Wow @all thank you so much for all the support. Your support help me to get better tools and to build better units and improve quality. Thank you so much.

I used the roots sometimes with a triple torch. It is a little bit of learning curve because the heater can get very hot and combust your herb but it is possible to use it wit I can make a video of it how I do it

Cheers
Jens

Ok here a new video

This thing hits me so hard today, wow :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vapen00b

Wow @all thank you so much for all the support. Your support help me to get better tools and to build better units and improve quality. Thank you so much.

I used the roots sometimes with a triple torch. It is a little bit of learning curve because the heater can get very hot and combust your herb but it is possible to use it wit I can make a video of it how I do it

Cheers
Jens

Hey nordic :)

Thanks for being with us and making these. I will most defintely hop on the train one day soon.
As you speak about improving the unit, I was wondering if it's feasible for you to drill an extra hole to store the glass somewhere inside the unit.. self-containing style! :)

Keep up the nice work! :tup:
VN
:peace:

P.S.
What are the dimensions of the roots?

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer
Hey nordic :)

Thanks for being with us and making these. I will most defintely hop on the train one day soon.
As you speak about improving the unit, I was wondering if it's feasible for you to drill an extra hole to store the glass somewhere inside the unit.. self-containing style! :)

Keep up the nice work! :tup:
VN
:peace:

P.S.
What are the dimensions of the roots?

Hi, the unit itself is 70x30x21mm with stem is 115x30x21mm
Right now there is not enough space to put the stem inside the wood but in future models I will do that.

vapen00b

Hi, the unit itself is 70x30x21mm with stem is 115x30x21mm
Right now there is not enough space to put the stem inside the wood but in future models I will do that.

Thanks! :)

Also great vid. Very nice to see the heat-up time cut down. Seems that after the inital heat-up it's likely around 4-7 secs to keep the vapor coming :)
What about the need of stiring? Maybe there's none?:brow:
Furthermore, what's the approx. bowl size in g? Around .1?

Thanks for everything mate. Keep on rocking! :clap::rockon:

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer
Yes you cut down the heating time. But I think with a usual flame you can feel better when it is time to draw or even draw while you heat. But I guess this will be just a little learning curve.
The bil size is about .1g size that's right. I like to pack the herb loosely and after 2-3 hits I put it out on my hands and stir it and then suck it back into the vaporizer. But it is not really necessary.

Thank you to mate. Have a nice weekend

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Do you have PayPal for payment?

Also, have you had thoughts to make it oval shaped for ergonomics? It could easily be a pocketable unit,
a portable one.

Nice concept.

Nordicvejp

Manufacturer

Do you have PayPal for payment?

Also, have you had thoughts to make it oval shaped for ergonomics? It could easily be a pocketable unit,
a portable one.

Nice concept.

HI.
Guess you have to buy and then register works I think. It might be a problem with the blog software but shopping works.
Yes I have PayPal :-)

Well never thought about oval but I thought about it to make it round in the beginning but I didn't had the money to buy a lathe yet :(

Top Bottom