Roor Vapor Tech Bubbler Vs. Herborizer XL Bubbler

lazylathe

Almost there...
Very nice. @lazylathe I swear Splitz's exhale looks and flows EXACTLY like your own in all your Roor vids. In a distinctive way I mean. I immediately noticed the similarity. Not sure how to qualify that observation but something along the lines of the Roor bubbler's unique "Exhale signature" Lol!

Im quite sure I didn't imagine it anyhow(?)

I know what you are talking about although it is hard to quantify!
For me it is the lack of draw resistance that allows me to take super big and deep inhales with ease.
The vapor is also different depending on the vape used with it.
For example:
My SV4 will milk it up easily but the exhale is thinner.
My SH milks it just as easily but the exhales are thicker.
With the Glass Symphony they are both pretty similar which is very odd.

This leads me to believe that you require a very specific vaporizer and water tool to combat your allergies.
I am also convinced that the manner in which the hot air is introduced to the herb is critical for you, with regards to material type, consistency of heated air and distance from herb.
I am envisioning a simple type of heated tube with a lot of mass for evenly heated, consistent air.
A glass tube with a built in screen to hold glass beads, could be Ti as well not sure about the beads though... Enail coil with controller should do the trick!

Alexis

I know what you are talking about although it is hard to quantify!
For me it is the lack of draw resistance that allows me to take super big and deep inhales with ease.
The vapor is also different depending on the vape used with it.
For example:
My SV4 will milk it up easily but the exhale is thinner.
My SH milks it just as easily but the exhales are thicker.
With the Glass Symphony they are both pretty similar which is very odd.

This leads me to believe that you require a very specific vaporizer and water tool to combat your allergies.
I am also convinced that the manner in which the hot air is introduced to the herb is critical for you, with regards to material type, consistency of heated air and distance from herb.
I am envisioning a simple type of heated tube with a lot of mass for evenly heated, consistent air.
A glass tube with a built in screen to hold glass beads, could be Ti as well not sure about the beads though... Enail coil with controller should do the trick!
Thanks for the food for thought and for thinking of ways to help. I have found that with various vapes, I suffer a lot more lung aggravation when the load is put closer to the heater.

Very true with the Herbo XL with a raised screen. The abv would come out light tan and fully even, but I would be too iritated by it and not even bother with another load the same and go back to stock.

There is also a certain wooden vape we both know of that has the heater right up against the herb. Although Im totally foggy on its design, and never really considered/inspected it or looked for more info, so the actual heat source may be further away than the part which contacts the load. Im sure you will know these details though. ;)

But this particular vape is also a little too aggravating to my lungs, in a similar way to how other vapes affect me when the load and heater are moved nearer.

The Elev8r- the load is a fair ways off the heat source. When I first tried the smaller bowl, which raises the screen quite a bit closer to the load and also funnels the heat into a narrower channel, I experienced this type of increased lung and throat irritation.
Which has led me to suspect that part of the magic of the elevator is the actual bowl shape and design itself and the distance between load and heater.

No doubt there is more complex stuff going on than we have even got around to considering fully yet. Like the whole venturi effect and the concept of general airflow variation, which we know can drastically alter the extraction and nature of the vapor produced between different devices.

I have since had better results using the smaller bowl with the Elev8r but it is less forgiving and requires more careful torching, in particular to get that pure flavour which in my testing so far has not matched the flavour I get using the stock bowl however I torch, high or low.

So I definitely feel that the bowl shape, design and load distance are fundamental Factors in making the Elev8rr such a pure tasting and smooth heavy hitter which I tolerate better than any of the other equivalently powerful extractors I have tried.
Just a few small tweaks can drastically alter a vaporizers performance to a surprising degree.

With the Roor exhale though, I see such a striking similarity to your own videos with the way the vapor blows in plumes and disperses. Just got me thinking.:hmm:

Cheers bro hope you are set for a nice evening. No vapor for me today yet, 8 pm here. I have wanted to gather some incentive for some time to leave vaping until later on but motivation has been absent. Your words of wisdom on the whole tolerance thing though has helped me make some steps here. For sure on thoss days I get a lot higher on less weed.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is also a certain wooden vape we both know of that has the heater right up against the herb. Although Im totally foggy on its design, and never really considered/inspected it or looked for more info, so the actual heat source may be further away than the part which contacts the load. Im sure you will know these details though. ;)
I don't understand why you are being cryptic. What vape are you talking about? If you are talking about the RBT vapes, their heater resides right on the other side of the screen from your load, but they are convection, heating the air that you then pull through the load to released its vapor.

cybrguy,

Alexis

I don't understand why you are being cryptic. What vape are you talking about? If you are talking about the RBT vapes, their heater resides right on the other side of the screen from your load, but they are convection, heating the air that you then pull through the load to released its vapor.
I am not officially supposed to have this vape yet (in this part of the world that is.)
I hate having to hold my tongue it is dead against my nature, but I am a man of my word and respectful to others.

I was expecting to be able to more openly share my experiences with this vaporizer a long time ago but the red tape formalities have taken much longer than anticipated and are still nowhere near in place it would seem.

So this has been a bit of an inconvenience to me in that I have had to be sheepish and withhold from sharing, which I don't like at all. Hence my reason for being a little cryptic, while still doing my thought trail and perceptions some justice.

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
Bit pricey!
It is, unfortunately, and IMO it’s not even very attractive. But if you’re in the mood to “treat yoself”, this piece is a real workhorse. The glass joins are beautifully done too.

The base is so wide that it’s pretty much tip-proof so it holds its own even around my drunk friends (YFMV). The ability to swap mouthpieces is great because (provided you don’t find the can too tall) you can use different length/angle mouthpieces for sitting vs. standing heights, or use a whip adapter, etc. The simple perc design has good diffusion but doesn’t kill flavor and stays easy to clean.

The only negative that I would mention is the same as the positive: the base is really big. If you want to carry something around in a padded bag, it won’t fit in any of mine (or any of my Pelikans, though I’m sure they make something that can accommodate it). I like to ultrasonic my pieces and generally I can sit them on their base to do so, but this one has to be turned on its side to fit in my ultrasonic (larger sized consumer model).

lazylathe

Almost there...
It is, unfortunately, and IMO it’s not even very attractive. But if you’re in the mood to “treat yoself”, this piece is a real workhorse. The glass joins are beautifully done too.

The base is so wide that it’s pretty much tip-proof so it holds its own even around my drunk friends (YFMV). The ability to swap mouthpieces is great because (provided you don’t find the can too tall) you can use different length/angle mouthpieces for sitting vs. standing heights, or use a whip adapter, etc. The simple perc design has good diffusion but doesn’t kill flavor and stays easy to clean.

The only negative that I would mention is the same as the positive: the base is really big. If you want to carry something around in a padded bag, it won’t fit in any of mine (or any of my Pelikans, though I’m sure they make something that can accommodate it). I like to ultrasonic my pieces and generally I can sit them on their base to do so, but this one has to be turned on its side to fit in my ultrasonic (larger sized consumer model).

I absolutely LOVE mine! It has been my DD for almost 3 years now.
The diffusion is really low so you get masses of flavor. Using it dry is also awesome!
If a vape can fill the tube with less than 0,05g, then it is impressive!
I have the RooR padded bag and can fit the RooR tube and stem, my EVO and cord and ELB's without any issue at all. Even space for the Grasshopper and a grinder in the Velcro section!

The base is amazing as the Glass Symphony sits on it as if it was built for the tube!
Rock solid and extremely hard to tip. I only see the big base as a positive but then it rarely leaves the house anymore.

It solved my China glass syndrome very quickly!

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
I absolutely LOVE mine! It has been my DD for almost 3 years now.

IMO this is the (non?)tipping point - if the lifespan of your glass is measured in years rather than days or months, it might be worth considering investing in a nice piece.

I have the RooR padded bag and can fit the RooR tube and stem, my EVO and cord and ELB's without any issue at all. Even space for the Grasshopper and a grinder in the Velcro section!

That’s great to hear - thanks for this info! Bag acquisition syndrome: it’s not just for fashion anymore.

The base is amazing as the Glass Symphony sits on it as if it was built for the tube!
It really is a perfect match! :love: Before I got the GS I thought I’d prefer a stemless tube with it, but the bowl placement in those kind of ruins the fun of being able to watch the GS shrink the flower in the bowl. The Roor bubbler puts it all front and center without getting overly top-heavy.

Which bowl do you prefer (of the 3 GS bowls and the Roor Vapor bowl), and what adapters (if any) do you run?

ViCKi LEEKX,
Reactions: lazylathe

Dubmonkey

Was just talking to my partner last night that all of the glass in the house the one piece I would save in a fire or never sell is the roor vapor bubbler. Thing is big for a water piece but the 6” base and a nice tall mouth piece makes it the perfect desktop vaping water piece. Hate hunching over or looking down while doing a pull.

Will check out the bag as we do need to move it once a while to gatherings.

I put the herbolizer one up on the chopping block as it is redundant for the most part to the roor. Just a little smaller here and there.

Phenix

I did not tried the Herborizer nor the Roor one but:
can someone compare on of them to either a Supreme v3 or a Sublimator? (im familiar with both)

Once I tried the Roor vape I will post my experience: got a connection via a friend and I will be able to meet up with the Roor guys at their glassblower hut. Will take my desktop vapes with me for sure.
really hyped for this opportunity!

Top Bottom