Robots & rights

Trypsy Summers

Give robots 'personhood' status, EU committee argues
Proposed rules for robots and AI in Europe include a push for a general basic income for humans, and ‘human rights’ for robots
The European parliament has urged the drafting of a set of regulations to govern the use and creation of robots and artificial intelligence, including a form of “electronic personhood” to ensure rights and responsibilities for the most capable AI.
In a 17-2 vote, with two abstentions, the parliament’s legal affairs committee passed the report, which outlines one possible framework for regulation. (Source, The Guardian UK
)

This is why those EU fucks are full of shit! About Robot (human) Rights!
FUCK ROBOTS RIGHTS! How can that even work? WTF!! :mental::disgust:
Start with that nonsense then we really are in times of the LIVING DEAD! :cry:
Kinda looks like they're feeling strong now!! They must be, to be dropping shit like this, (on us).:suspicious:
Is it just me wondering why these unelected faceless bureaucrats have suddenly dropped the facade and started telling us shit, cos that's what this nonsense is, pure shit!:shit::shit:

Oh, just so we are clear, FUCK ROBOT RIGHTS!!!:rant::worms:

I'm Fucking Fuming!!!

Trypsy Summers,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Give robots 'personhood' status, EU committee argues
Proposed rules for robots and AI in Europe include a push for a general basic income for humans, and ‘human rights’ for robots
The European parliament has urged the drafting of a set of regulations to govern the use and creation of robots and artificial intelligence, including a form of “electronic personhood” to ensure rights and responsibilities for the most capable AI.
In a 17-2 vote, with two abstentions, the parliament’s legal affairs committee passed the report, which outlines one possible framework for regulation. (Source, The Guardian UK
)

This is why those EU fucks are full of shit! About Robot (human) Rights!
FUCK ROBOTS RIGHTS! How can that even work? WTF!! :mental::disgust:
Start with that nonsense then we really are in times of the LIVING DEAD! :cry:
Kinda looks like they're feeling strong now!! They must be, to be dropping shit like this, (on us).:suspicious:
Is it just me wondering why these unelected faceless bureaucrats have suddenly dropped the facade and started telling us shit, cos that what this nonsense is, pure shit!:shit::shit:

Oh, just so we are clear, FUCK ROBOT RIGHTS!!!:rant::worms:

I'm Fucking Fuming!!!

If that's all you have to be "fuming" about life must actually be pretty sweet.

Fuck that! how dare you have things so easy that you can just sit and stew over seemingly meaningless abstract bull shit.

:rant:... :evil:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Soon, our A.I. Overlords will be deciding what "rights" will be extended to Humans...:nod:

All hail our A.I. Overlords!! Lol...:tup::clap::bowdown::bowdown:

P.S. It's probably going to fucking happen unless we are very careful...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Of course, once we are able to create AI complex enough to allow a self-aware mind to exist, we will need to create rights for them. But the AI tech we have now is not nearly there yet.

I could imagine though, after we've created AI that can be self-aware, that there will be a lot of cruel treatment going on till we eventually do get some laws on the books to prevent it. It'll eventually be a civil-rights issue, even if it's well after our lifetime before our technology reaches that point. It will change everything though.

Helios

Of course, once we are able to create AI complex enough to allow a self-aware mind to exist, we will need to create rights for them. But the AI tech we have now is not nearly there yet.

I could imagine though, after we've created AI that can be self-aware, that there will be a lot of cruel treatment going on till we eventually do get some laws on the books to prevent it. It'll eventually be a civil-rights issue, even if it's well after our lifetime before our technology reaches that point. It will change everything though.

I'm Sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that-

Trypsy Summers

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying, cos maybe it's me but it sounds like you're condoning/supporting this, nonsense, if so just so we're clear, FUCK ROBOT RIGHTS, and that ain't cos I'm cruel towards ROBOTS, but how can they have human rights, when they ain't even flesh and blood sentient natural living beings?
Yeah get me right, I ain't saying 'human', and I ain't saying 'person', I'm saying a natural being....;)

Next thing the ARCHON overlords will be making an appearance....out of nowhere, aka the next dimension!:ugh:

But real talk now, if anyone doubts that this world is ruled by the Demiurge, then you best wake up...

Fuck ROBOTS, so we're clear, anything with flesh blood and a heart, whether animal or natural (wo)man, can have rights - yeah I am all for that... But mechanical inanimate objects - No way - GTFOH with that fucked up Fuckeree :rant::rant:

Still fucking fuming - even more :cuss: Those fucking EU bastards, People don't anything to eat or nowhere to live,having to sleep in the gutter, and these twats wanna chit chat about person-hood and rights for robots! fuck em... Just so that we're really fucking clear....:mental:

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Any links to the human rights discussion regarding robots? All I've read and seen are about liabilty law regarding robot tech. There was only one person who intended to bring this topic to discussion last year afaik.

Hogni,

Ramahs

@Ramahs, they may be self-aware, but they don't have to have emotions to carry out their "programmed" functions. No emotions, no perceived cruelty. Civil rights for inanimate objects??? The world is going mad.

I suspect that the level of complexity that would allow a self aware mind to arise, like what has evolved so far biologically, would very possibly include something like what we would consider emotions.

And we're not talking about inanimate objects anymore, not something complex enough to have a self-aware mind. We don't even know exactly what something like that might look like. I suspect it may not be possible till we are more able to incorporate organic matter into the computing systems we are designing. i suspect that it may require the plasticity that only comes from organic cells that can constantly grow and change. That may be necessary for a system to be complex enough for something that would be considered a mind to be present.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have the technology for anything like this...but in a few hundred, or even a few thousand years (if our species hasn't killed ourselves off or went extinct for other reasons by then), we could be there. Hell, we'll have been playing with our own DNA for a long time by then (we're not far off from something that could be considered "designer babies" already), so who knows what we ourselves might be like in a few thousand years, especially as we incorporate more tech into our biological systems.

Summer

Long Island, NY
All I know @Ramahs, is that I do not believe that the scenario of what you are describing is what humanity was meant to be; not humanity in the broad sense, but in its inner human emotional sense. We are all ready losing our humanness/humanity so one can only image what man will be emotionally reduced to in a few hundred or thousand years. Personally, I dread the thought. Knowing what humanity is at this point in time that I have been alive, I won't want to live in the world you are predicting.

Tranquility

7wcuOO5.jpg

florduh

Robots aren't vindictive, and they won't know evil unless until we program it into them :evil:

True. But at some point when we create machines that are more intelligent than us, their intelligence will continue to increase exponentially. Even if we create a computer that is equal in intelligence to humans the speed of silicone over neurons means the AI will be able to do the do the equivalent of 20,000 years of intellectual progress... in a week.

And the first thing this AI would do is improve upon its intelligence. AI researchers call this an "intelligence explosion". In a short period of time, the robots will be thousands of times more intelligent than the smartest human.

So the robots won't be "evil". Just like I don't consider myself "evil" for killing all the ants in my yard.

florduh

If you're interested in our upcoming doom, this is a great TED talk. At one point the speaker points out that if a super intelligent Alien Race sent us a message reading "We will be landing on Earth in 30 years. Get ready" I think we'd take that pretty fucking seriously.

Well. We ARE in that situation.

florduh,
Reactions: grokit

Ramahs

All I know @Ramahs, is that I do not believe that the scenario of what you are describing is what humanity was meant to be; not humanity in the broad sense, but in its inner human emotional sense.

See, I don't think that humanity was "meant" to be anything. We evolved on this rock to be what we are, and whatever we may become, but it's up to us as far as I'm concerned. We're on our own. Or, as Sagan said, Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I say that life and the meaning of life is what we make of it, because meaning isn't going to come from anywhere else. In that same light, what it means to be human is up to us to decide, and I am confident that it will change as we continue to evolve and augment our biology. And I'm certainly not afraid of it. Give me my implants!

We are all ready losing our humanness/humanity so one can only image what man will be emotionally reduced to in a few hundred or thousand years. Personally, I dread the thought. Knowing what humanity is at this point in time that I have been alive, I won't want to live in the world you are predicting.

I don't understand this rigid definition "humanness/humanity". I don't even see how it could be so rigid.

I'm personally looking forward to what we can become, after all, we are always improving. Hell, we're currently living in what is possibly the most peaceful time in human history. We're definitely getting better.

I know that I wouldn't want to live any time in the past before modern medical science at the very minimum.

Summer

Long Island, NY
... a super intelligent Alien Race sent us a message reading "We will be landing on Earth in 30 years. Get ready" I think we'd take that pretty fucking seriously.

Lamentingly, with everything I know, collective man is never proactive only reactive. They live in the present without regard for the future. Me, me, me ..., fuck the offspring that will have to deal with our disregard.

Summer,
Reactions: florduh

Hogni

Thanks, Mylady! But as I said it was just one MEP (Luxembourgish MEP Mady Delvaux) who put this up to discussion last year. But @Trypsy Summers did so as this question is already part of a new EU regulation that I can't find. Much ado about nothing?

Last edited:
Hogni,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Robots aren't vindictive, and they won't know evil unless until we program it into them :evil:

You believe evil men won't program them to do evil for financial, territorial or personal gain? They will most likely replace soldiers or at least stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them on the battlefield.

So the robots won't be "evil". Just like I don't consider myself "evil" for killing all the ants in my yard.

Great point. The people, institutions & corporations who will program these robots will be the ones who determine the definition of evil.

And @Hogni, it goes back to my last post as to being proactive about pondering issues when you know they will be coming in the future, unlike what we do know, which is to wait until the scenario occurs, resulting in lawmakers responding in the clinch of the moment without having thorough preliminary analyses of these ethical issues; or worse, they make new laws without adequate knowledge which then have to be amended retroactively in an attempt to put the genie back in the bottle.

Hogni

Lawmakers make laws when it's worth a thought or when a regulation is needed. I can't see that this recently is the case - and it will not the next 10 years at least.

Hogni,
Top Bottom