Roadside Dope Tester on the horizon...

Beezleb

Ive seen these concepts in use many years ago in Europe. You drive up to a check a point, roll your window down and they stick in the wand in the window and say to move on or pull over.

Beezleb,

digglover

I think this is a good idea.
I think THC urine tests which can detect up to 4 weeks (3 weeks for me and my metabolism usually) are basically useless and completely absurd.

digglover,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
We already have "Roadside Drug Testing" in Queensland/Australia, came into full force 12-18 months ago, alongside "Random Breath Tests" that have been in for decades.

They have a little square saliva tester, one side is Cannabis, the other side is Methamphetamine (includes MDMA metabolites also)... it's scraped facing downwards on your tounge and within 5 minutes will give a result.

The timeframe is generally ~6 hours for smoked cannabis, ~24 hours for methamphetamine and party drugs.

What are the penalties?

Any trace of illegal drugs in your system and the court may impose a fine of up to $1,050 and you could lose your licence for up to nine months for a first offence.
If you are found drug driving a second time while an outstanding drug driving offence is still to be heard by a court, you will have your driver licence suspended until the matter is heard or finalised by a court.
Be afraid

0,,6573633,00.jpg

In all honesty, I was a toker/driver for the past 10 years, I have absolute faith in my driving skills while buzzing... but these roadside drug tests have stopped me completely in my tracks, the penalty is far too large for me to handle.

Been roadside drug tested 3 times since it came into effect.

Chubba,

masejl12

These type of things make me want to move to a small town where law enforcement isn't like this but unfortunately I have to deal with this every once in a while.

masejl12,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The tongue swabs detect THC right so it doesn't matter if your vaping??

That's so wack

bluntfaced,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I'm sure there will be some workaround in the near future, maybe rinsing your mouth with something like isopropyl or ingesting something to quickly neutralize the reaction it's looking for. It says in the article that it can detect MJ for 6 hours after consumption so it seems to break down pretty quickly which makes me think something might be possible for at least this particular substance. Or maybe they'll make fake tongues or saliva packs etc. to put on while your waiting in line.

Durden,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Durden said:
I'm sure there will be some workaround in the near future, maybe rinsing your mouth with something like isopropyl or ingesting something to quickly neutralize the reaction it's looking for. It says in the article that it can detect MJ for 6 hours after consumption so it seems to break down pretty quickly which makes me think something might be possible for at least this particular substance. Or maybe they'll make fake tongues or saliva packs etc. to put on while your waiting in line.
yeah that is what I was thinking... should be some way too put something in your mouth too temporarily nullify what it is testing for...

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom