RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
In case you have never heard of RLS before here is wikipedia's explanation:

"Restless legs syndrome (RLS) or Willis-Ekbom disease is a neurological disorder characterized by an irresistible urge to move one's body to stop uncomfortable or odd sensations.[1] It most commonly affects the legs, but can affect the arms, torso, and even phantom limbs.[2] Moving the affected body part modulates the sensations, providing temporary relief."

I have had problems with sleeping from a very young age mainly due to RLS. When I was 14 I went to my doctor to try and find a solution. I was offered a drug used to treat Parkinsons Disease, but after a few days of using it I had serious nausea and stomach cramps...needless to say I stopped straight away.

Since then I have relied on MJ to alleviate some of the sensation of the RLS, with varying success...until I started vaping.

So, I worked out pretty early on that, generally, indica strains gave me more relief than sativas. Up until 3 weeks ago I was combusting and, as I said, I had quite varying results. Sometimes smoking would get rid of all sensations of RLS and I would get a good nights sleep. Other times I could smoke myself cross-eyed and still feel like dancing a jig to stop the sensation and be up most the night. And then I vaped...

It's only been 3 weeks vaping but the difference is immense. When I start getting that antsy feeling in my legs I just pop on my vape around 225 c, take a few lung-fulls and wait for sweet relief. It seems vaping is much more effective for me compared with smoking. I haven't slept so well since I was a pre-teen.

I know it's only been 3 weeks but it really does seem that the change of delivery has had a major improvement on the 'medical' effect. Has anyone else had improved effects for their symptoms when they changed from combusting to vaping?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A friend of mine had that problem. He was using high thc strains like Satori from Mandala and Amnesia Haze from RQS. He claims to get better results off Sativa dominant strains than indica.

Abysmal Vapor,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Now that I'm vaping I might have to re-experiment and see how the sativa's fare. At the moment I'm on Vanilla Kush and it's working a treat :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

storybookhero

smoking, flying rc, you know funstuff
I think there needs to be some research into this. I suffer severely from full blown rls. Crazy cramping and all kinds of stuff. Sativa dominent strains are for sure the way to roll.

storybookhero,
Reactions: ataxian

MedicatedPensioner

I just bumped this thread since I am a newcomer and am interested in MMJ for RLS. My wife has been using Indica dominant strains like Lemon OJ Kush and Master Kush at bedtime with very good response. Sure beats Parkinson's drugs with OC gambling side effects. But I was surprised to hear that some users are experiencing better results from Sativa dominant strains. Anyone else have experiences to report? Are the original posters from a couple of years ago still following this thread and, if so, is the Sativa still working?

MedicatedPensioner,

capcoho

Taking Benadryl (diphenhydramine) gives me RLS. I mentioned it to my mom and sister and low and behold they experience the same thing after Benadryl.

capcoho,
Top Bottom