RIP'S.....

ginolicious

its a sad day today. Carrie fisher died at the age of 60. She suffered a heart attack a few days ago while landing in LA. She was saved then. But today she got worse and passed away. Sad holidays with George Michael passing as well. 2016 has been a terrible year. These people weren't even that old. Something is going on.

May the force be with her.

BD9

2016 has been a real cunt. RIP Ms.Fisher.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/iconic-star-wars-actress-carrie-174459671.html

“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,” says Lourd. “Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

The daughter of showbiz veteran Debbie Reynolds and entertainer Eddie Fisher, Fisher was brought up in the sometimes tumultuous world of film, theatre and television.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Virtually everyone who has or who is suffering (which is virtually all sentient beings) is in my heart. The many challenges of 2016 presented (and continue to present) incredible opportunities for us to cultivate a more open, resilient, and compassionate heart for everyone and everything, unconditionally, and always.

"Whatever is happening is the path to enlightenment." ~ Pema Chödrön

lwien

This is not a RIP (yet) but Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mom just had a stroke no doubt brought on from the stress of losing her daughter. I heard that they were very close........like best friends close.

Kids are not supposed to die before their parents. It goes against the order of things and from what I've heard, this kind of lose is the hardest to bear.

So sad........

Edit: Just heard that it may be something else other than a stroke but that she is listed in very serious condition in the hospital.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm derailing. I can't help it! :science:I adore Debbie Reynolds. My mom and I would watch the Unsinkable Molly Brown. That was our fav movie to watch together. That's where Carrie Fisher got her sense of humor and wit. Plus that toughness and how you can crawl back up again and be whole again. Not needing a man to make her happy.

Can you imagine going through having 2 small children, one is a newborn - then your best friend's husband dies and she takes YOUR husband. Elizabeth Taylor marries Eddie Fisher, what a slime ball. Then divorces and marries Connie Stevens and has more children. It's really funny listening to Debbie's Reynolds talk about that.

All of that ruined Eddie Fisher's career. Debbie Reynolds was the darling of America back then. Remember the Tammie movies? I'm a sucker for a corny old movies. I'm a closet Elvis Presley old movie fan. Not all of them though. Some aren't watchable.

I'm hoping she's going to be OK. She's pretty old, I see 84 but in good shape Or so I thought. I see she has had a couple stokes this past year. So she had Carrie at 24, just a young woman.

Edit
RIP our girl Debbie Reynolds - bless her - she just passed away. It broke her heart that her daughter died. It was too much for her. I feel really sad now. It's not like I knew Carrie Fisher or Debbie Reynolds. Some famous people I just have a soft spot for.

debbie-reynolds-16.jpg

COURTESY DEBBIE REYNOLDS

Last edited:

BD9

Debbie Reynolds has passed away.

http://people.com/movies/debbie-reynolds-last-words-were-carrie-fisher/

Debbie Reynolds, who died at the age of 84 on Wednesday, was only thinking about daughter Carrie Fisher in her final moments.

The Singin’ in the Rain icon told her son, Todd Fisher, hours before her stroke: “I miss her so much, I want to be with Carrie,” according to TMZ.

Todd also spoke to Variety, saying “She wanted to be with Carrie.”

Reynolds was at her and Fisher’s Beverly Hills property when she had to be rushed to the hospital for a possible stroke on Wednesday afternoon, PEOPLE confirmed.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I know not a lot of FC members share my passion for science, but it has been a bad year for them as well.

Vera Rubin, whose work helped confirm the existence of dark matter, passed away December 25 at the age of 88.

"Renowned astrophysicist and National Medal of Science awardee Vera Rubin passed away in Princeton N.J., the evening of December 25, 2016, at the age of 88. Rubin confirmed the existence of dark matter—the invisible material that makes up more than 90% of the mass of the universe. She was a retired staff astronomer at the Carnegie Institution’s Department of Terrestrial Magnetism in Washington, D.C."

“Vera Rubin was a national treasure as an accomplished astronomer and a wonderful role model for young scientists,” remarked Carnegie president Matthew Scott. “We are very saddened by this loss.”

Also, climate scientist and NASA astronaut Piers Sellers dies at age 61.

Piers Sellers, a climate scientist and former astronaut who gained fame late in life for his eloquent commentary about the earth’s fragility and his own cancer diagnosis, has died. He was 61.

British-born Sellers, who flew on three space shuttle missions between 2002 and 2010, died on Friday morning in Houston, Texas, of pancreatic cancer, Nasa said in a statement.

Last edited:

HD Springer

On the science front you can add :
"US doctor and epidemiologist Donald Henderson, who led a successful campaign to wipe out smallpox worldwide, has died at the age of 87."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37149900
And sadly Father Mulcahy left early too avoid the rush too....
15781607_735939629894848_1756633466309208493_n.jpg

:(
Damn when 2016 takes out a Father much less The Father Mulcahy you know that she meant buissnes. Fuck you 2016 you really put a hurtin on some of my childhood favorites.
RIP to everyone we lost last year. May we never have a repeat of a year quit like 2016.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Actually I can name quite a few "celebrities" that care about their fellow man.

Well shouldn't all humans care in some capacity for humans?

Like @lwien said, when they are actively risking their life for people they don't know, that takes caring for others to a whole nother level. The idea of comparing actual heros who give their life to celebrities - just on the idea that they "care for people" - seems to both diminish the sacrifice they made and also prop up celebrities needlessly. .02 sorry if I took it wrong but you'll be hard pressed for me to consider Prince (alive) or Sean Penn as caring more about humans than the officer who makes a meager living and risks his life everyday and more importantly CHOOSES to do that

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Another icon of space exploration has passed away.

Gene Cernan, an early NASA astronaut who was the last man to set foot on the moon, died Monday, NASA announced in a tweet. He was 82.

Cernan was the commander of Apollo 17 in December 1972 – the last lunar mission and one of the final Apollo flights. When Cernan stepped out from lunar module “Challenger” he became the 11th person to walk on the moon. His lunar module pilot, Jack Schmitt, was the 12th. But as commander, Cernan was the last to re-enter the module, making him the last person to walk on the lunar surface.

Godspeed Gene, and thank you for your service to humanity . . . :peace:

C2USNoNWQAAolpD.jpg:large

Top Bottom