RIP'S.....

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Gary Marshall passed away I just found out. They said he was 81 years old. We lost a genius.

Writer-director Garry Marshall, whose TV hits included "Happy Days" ''Laverne & Shirley" and box-office successes included "Pretty Woman" and "Runaway Bride," has died. He was 81. Publicist Michelle Bega says Marshall died Tuesday in at a hospital in Burbank, California of complications from pneumonia after having a stroke.

Marshall also had an on-screen presence, using his New York accent and gruff delivery in colorful supporting roles in movies that included "Lost in America" and "Soapdish."

Last edited:

bounce5

Gary Marshall passed away I just found out. They said he was 81 years old. We lost a genius.

Writer-director Garry Marshall, whose TV hits included "Happy Days" ''Laverne & Shirley" and box-office successes included "Pretty Woman" and "Runaway Bride," has died. He was 81. Publicist Michelle Bega says Marshall died Tuesday in at a hospital in Burbank, California of complications from pneumonia after having a stroke.

Marshall also had an on-screen presence, using his New York accent and gruff delivery in colorful supporting roles in movies that included "Lost in America" and "Soapdish."

I just looked him up. I remember him from A League of Their Own. He played Walter Harvey the owner of the league and Harvey Bars. He was Penny Marshall's brother, who directed that film.

HD Springer

I just looked him up. I remember him from A League of Their Own. He played Walter Harvey the owner of the league and Harvey Bars. He was Penny Marshall's brother, who directed that film.

You learn somthing new every day up in FC if you want to. I had no idea he was related to Penny Marshall. Nice pull.

farscaper

young-frankenstein.jpg

HD Springer

Loved Gene Wilder. Stir crazy was a favorite of mine. Gene and Richard was one of the funniest duos on the big screen in my time. Also thought See no evil hear no evil speak no evil (I'm probably butchering that title)was funny. God Speed Gene. One Funny funny cat.

BD9

Wow Leonard Cohen has died.

http://www.wftv.com/news/national/singersongwriter-and-poet-leonard-cohen-dead-at-age-82/466118994

Leonard Cohen, the baritone-voiced Canadian singer-songwriter who seamlessly blended spirituality and sexuality in hits like "Hallelujah," ''Suzanne" and "Bird on a Wire," has died at age 82.

Cohen's label confirmed a statement on his Facebook page Thursday that he has passed away, and a memorial will take place in Los Angeles at a later date. No further details on his death were given.

"Like a bird on a wire, like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free."

vapomancer

Oh fuck! that sucks. :cry:

(Been listening to his latest Album 'you want it darker' for a couple weeks now and lyrically it's reminded me in a lot of ways of Bowie's 'Blackstar'.)

i've been listening to "blackstar" a lot , recently , and can't help but try to interpret each song with a sense of impending mortality . i just got "you want it darker" after hearing a review of it on npr , last week . i REALLY like this album , it's sO good , i highly recommend . now i feel like i'm going to listen to it with a different feeling , definitely darker ... i feel strange in both cases - like , thank god they cranked out one more album , but damn , all i can read into them is impending death .
regardless , i'm grateful for his last effort . He will be missed
... seems appropriate

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Robert Vaughn, the cleft-chinned actor who reached the peak of his fame in the 1960s playing Napoleon Solo, the debonair international agent tasked with saving the world each week on the hit television series “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.,” died on Friday in Danbury, Conn. He was 83.

12VAUGHN-OBIT-4-blog427.jpg

Top Bottom