Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

started@52

ERio, for when you run out of butane I guess, lol.
5-ECBC053-0-D80-4-CBF-B555-716-CFFADF2-BE.jpg
F7-CF38-D7-6480-410-D-8-A3-D-EE0-FCFA9098-D.jpg

Putricio

I received my Rio earlier this week and finally got to use it last night. I inspected it and made sure everything was good to go. The tolerances on the one I received are very tight. There is nothing crooked or loose. I looked at a couple YouTube videos on how to use it and filled the torch. Now, this is the very first time I’ve ever used a torch style rig. All I can say is WOW! This little powerhouse is awesome. It is sooo much more satisfying than an e-rig. Flavor and vapor production is on point. I’ve never experienced anything like it before. I’m very happy I picked it up at half off. I can’t wait to pick up a round bottom banger when they come back in stock.

MonkeyTime

Got my round bottom today in the mail, so disappointed when the stock carb cap didn't fit. From others pictures, it looks like it should.

Off to email them to see about it...

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Traveler

so, my round-bottom banger should be in today and I just saw here that the v2 carb cap doesn't fit...anyone know the size of the round bottom, on the Stache site, is just lists the male joint size

Traveler

Tried to edit my post above to update:

When I got home the round bottom was there. And luckily the rio carb cap fits. Mine looks a bit deeper than @started@52 does.

for me it’s an instant win. The heat up time was almost halved from the reactor core banger, I was at ~12 secs for the cold start, with this I’m around 6-7. The cool down is quick, but so is the reheat, with the core I tended to overheat because of the delay in turning off the torch and fresh heat still being applied to the sauce. All in all it’s a huge QoL increase. So easy to clean, seems more efficient too

btka

got today my rio... it is so to say my first dab rig... only used it once now... it is very strong for me (but I am new to concentrates so maybe lightweight)... not o compare to any electronic dab device I used... big, tasty clouds! and also absolutly not harsh... was like breathing in air...

But I have some questions:

When do you know it is time to swap out the bangerwith a q-tip? when is the rosin done?

Can I put in a dab, take one draw, put it a side and take another draw later (when there is still rosin left in banger)?

What is the best routine to keep the banger clean?

what are you doing with rosin which is sticking on your dabtool when loading dab in banger (cold start)?

I h<ve problems cleaning around where core reactor and bottom of banger meet... with q tips and iso... do you heat the banger when cleaning when it cools down?

Can you get your banger like new?

how would I do a normal dab with rio... never done it ... rio is my first dab rig....

thanks

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
got today my rio... it is so to say my first dab rig... only used it once now... it is very strong for me (but I am new to concentrates so maybe lightweight)... not o compare to any electronic dab device I used... big, tasty clouds! and also absolutly not harsh... was like breathing in air...

But I have some questions:

When do you know it is time to swap out the bangerwith a q-tip? when is the rosin done?

--Use a qtip every single time, its well worth it to keep it clean as opposed to have to do a deep clean.

Can I put in a dab, take one draw, put it a side and take another draw later (when there is still rosin left in banger)?

--You could, but why? there isn't much advantage to having partially dabbed materials in the nail.

What is the best routine to keep the banger clean?

--Qtip or 2 every dab, if things build up, use some ISO with the qtips, when it gets real bad, fill it half way with some water (whenever I say water I mean distilled water), then torch it till it starts boiling off and then qtip that. that should handle 95% of your cleaning although rosin tends to be "dirtier" then other materials so it can be harder to clean all the time.

what are you doing with rosin which is sticking on your dabtool when loading dab in banger (cold start)?

--I tend to avoid rosins but forming the material as best you can on the point of your dabber leaves the least amount of contact between the material and your dabber so it should be easier to dab n scrape.

I h<ve problems cleaning around where core reactor and bottom of banger meet... with q tips and iso... do you heat the banger when cleaning when it cools down?

--See above about using water and torching that, this should take care of it.

Can you get your banger like new?

--More or less yes, the key is keeping the surfaces clean if you do high heat cleans

https://highlyeducatedti.com/blogs/information/69786883-first-post

Has a ton of good info, the rest of the blog has a few posts that relate to what youre asking also.

how would I do a normal dab with rio... never done it ... rio is my first dab rig....

--Well thats a matter of opinion, to me it sounds like you already have. You could go old school where you heat the nail really hot, then wait for it to cool, but IMO this method was always kinda stupid and just begged for improvement and also IMO, the cold start, which is what youre doing, is the way you want to go. Id also strongly recommend replacing the core reactor banger you have with a round bottom banger, this will improve your cold starts greatly by having less mass to heat and keeping all of your materials right where they need to be.

thanks

This wound up messier then I was intending but the answers are there

btka

Any reputable shops in Europe that carry the Rio?
could not find any... bought mine from puffitup coupon code: riogreen should save you 20%

BTW there is a new version of rio with new torch and boro rig...

RiO MAKEover Kits:

RiO The RIO includes:

• NEW Boro Glass Micro Rig Bubbler Shower head Perc (14mm Female)
  • NEW Quartz Banger (14mm Male)
  • RIO Base (black and white marble/ Limited colors coming )
  • NEW Torch with overflow valve
  • Glass Carb Cap
  • Dab Tool
  • High quality zip up carrying case with Eva Foam.

https://stacheproducts.com/collections/rio-make

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I LOVE mine... been considering the Makeover kit for the Showerhead perc, but I admit I am trying to be smarter about spending and I don't need it. The OG unit performs excellent.

If I was getting another, it would be a Makeover kit with their round bottom banger & cap set.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ha! I don't rep them, but I WHOLEHEARTEDLY believe it is the TOP portable concentrate devices available today; I could never go back to a pen or an electric atomizer based rig.

I think Stashe's round bottom is nice, but I've not tried others.

I've sent a few messages back and forth with Shane and I believe he is working towards getting some available for purchase through 710.

I do think round bottom is just gravy for keeping concentrate pooling right over the flame, instead of running into corners. Additionally, I think it is easier to keep clean.

...thinking of trying out one of these round bottoms with splash guard about half way up. I like the concept of the splash guard lip, but not really sure it makes sense on a round bottom, cold start scenario.
https://highrollersmoke.com/collect...-top-with-splash-guard?variant=31770874871856

I think I spend far too much time thinking about bangers. My ideal banger would have a round bottom on the interior, but the exterior shaped like a standard banger so that it could better transfer heat from standard barrel coils. I figure the round bottom would keep cleaning easy, and the extra glass around the bottom of the banger would help absorb and retain heat (similar in nature to a core banger).

Last edited:
Top Bottom