Rig for Splinter Z

thestallion69

So I was looking for a rig for the Splinter Z. I need a 14mm joint otherwise I'd need to buy another adapter.. I was scanning my options and this one came up: https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/mobius-glass-19cm-tall-mobius-matrix-sidecar/390413782.html

What do you think? I don't want to spend too much as the new rig will only be used 2-3 months a year (location issues). Also, I'm debated if the piece is too big and too bubbly for a vape even though I've been told the Splinter Z can rip.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

thestallion69,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I've exactly the same but with a 18mm joint. Great piece imho, even survived a drop from my coffee table :D

And it has a very huge stand, so even with my Splinter Z and a Paranormal mod on top it stands very secure. Hope I could explain my thoughts in understandable English

thestallion69

I've exactly the same but with a 18mm joint. Great piece imho, even survived a drop from my coffee table :D

And it has a very huge stand, so even with my Splinter Z and a Paranormal mod on top it stands very secure. Hope I could explain my thoughts in understandable English

Interesting, was it from Steven? It's weird that it was 18mm before and now 14mm, works for me!

Do you use it with your Splinter Z too? Does it get milked well? I'm just afraid (by watching the video) that there will be too much diffusion and I lose vapor and flavor!

thestallion69,

ubardog

Heya @thestallion69 I have the same Rig from steven. Mine come with slight "hand made" qualitys :D . Over all its a very nice peace for vaping. I only use it DRY thou.

I do NOT own a splinter but...... It rocks with ;- G-43 , E-Nano + (Homemade log) , Dynavap and IQ (as much as an IQ can "rock" :shrug:)

You can select 18 or 14 mm when buying it. So make sure you get what you want. Adpters are cheap. So I got an 18 mm rig and a $1 18 to 14mm inline reducer. It sits in the rig un noticed almost permently too lmao. I have put a tiny ring of bee's wax in the joint and now it stays in there , Even when shaken upside down. Some thing to think about because its always nice to have options.

I got this rig because it was recommended to me by countless long term vapers . You can't go wrong with this peace :2c:

thestallion69

Heya @thestallion69 I have the same Rig from steven. Mine come with slight "hand made" qualitys :D . Over all its a very nice peace for vaping. I only use it DRY thou.

I do NOT own a splinter but...... It rocks with ;- G-43 , E-Nano + (Homemade log) , Dynavap and IQ (as much as an IQ can "rock" :shrug:)

You can select 18 or 14 mm when buying it. So make sure you get what you want. Adpters are cheap. So I got an 18 mm rig and a $1 18 to 14mm inline reducer. It sits in the rig un noticed almost permently too lmao. I have put a tiny ring of bee's wax in the joint and now it stays in there , Even when shaken upside down. Some thing to think about because its always nice to have options.

I got this rig because it was recommended to me by countless long term vapers . You can't go wrong with this peace :2c:

Great! I'll go for it then. How come you don't use water at all? Have you tried?

I don't see the 18mm version, in the link I sent it comes with 14mm joint and that's the one I need anyway :)

thestallion69,

ubardog

The water looks cool bubbles and all, but I think it takes away flavour and effect. The vapour is cool by the time it travels in rig to mouth although it is still dehydrating.

SquirrelMaster

So I was looking for a rig for the Splinter Z. I need a 14mm joint otherwise I'd need to buy another adapter.. I was scanning my options and this one came up: https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/mobius-glass-19cm-tall-mobius-matrix-sidecar/390413782.html

What do you think? I don't want to spend too much as the new rig will only be used 2-3 months a year (location issues). Also, I'm debated if the piece is too big and too bubbly for a vape even though I've been told the Splinter Z can rip.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

I like that one with my Z when I want to take the biggest, smoothest rips possible. I prefer a more simple perk if I'm going for flavour. It's a very nice bong for the price, nice and sturdy which is perfect for a heavy mod.

thestallion69

That's my most used piece. Works great. Soft smooth draw with a big can, wide base and thick glass. I went 18mm and keep a reducer around for 14mm. Totally worth it.

Great! Do you have a 14mm WPA for the Splinter?

Just curious why a 14mm for the Z?

I bought my Splinter Z on reddit, and got a bundle of the vape + DDave Cooling Stem + 14mm WPA all included!

I don't see why I should get a 18mm joint? Then I'd either need to get a reducer or buy a 18mm WPA for the Z :)

I like that one with my Z when I want to take the biggest, smoothest rips possible. I prefer a more simple perk if I'm going for flavour. It's a very nice bong for the price, nice and sturdy which is perfect for a heavy mod.

Makes sense. To get more flavor maybe I can put less water to reduce diffusion or hit it dry.. I'd lose some smoothness but I read the Splinter Z already excels in that!

thestallion69,

Chingas

I do have a 14mm wpa. I linked it above and it works very well. I really like the handle on it. It also has a natural restriction to it that keeps a screen in place.

With the glass piece from stevenimz we are talking about, I am glad I went 18mm. The bowl is centrally located which makes using heavier mods worry free plus since that bowl is recessed into the can a 14 to 18 adapter snuggles right in and sits almost flush with the top of it. 18 to 14 adapters are clunky and weird.

thestallion69

I do have a 14mm wpa. I linked it above and it works very well. I really like the handle on it. It also has a natural restriction to it that keeps a screen in place.

With the glass piece from stevenimz we are talking about, I am glad I went 18mm. The bowl is centrally located which makes using heavier mods worry free plus since that bowl is recessed into the can a 14 to 18 adapter snuggles right in and sits almost flush with the top of it. 18 to 14 adapters are clunky and weird.

Makes sense. Probably not worth it for me as living in EU (Vgoodiez doesn't ship here), so I would need a glass adapter and that would make the whole bong + mod more unstable that just getting the 14mm joint.

thestallion69,
Top Bottom