Rift by Vivant

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
Looks pretty interesting, I like the replacable/dismantable/removable heating element!

A ton of features , on demand/session modes, 3 chambers to vape on the same time (????!!!), no grind needed (:tup:), heat recycler (pre-heat the fresh air and cool down the vapor in the same time, very, very smart feature imo!!), removable hybrid heater and firmware upgrade!

I'm waiting for a V-Leaf from @HindelangGG (second hand) and I like my Alternate despite it's breaking everywhere!
Hi @Cheesequake, for the alternate breaking issue, we have fixed it already, please contact our customer service, to check if you can replace it in 2 years warranty. (except the man-made damages)
You can write to support@vivant.com.
Thank you.

Jojo_Vivant,

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thank
Came across this 3-chamber vape
https://vivant.store/products/copy-...der-ships-on-06-22-2018?variant=8276744765535

V026_08.jpg

Looks like a unique concept & design and I couldn't find a thread so :D

Hi Sammuel, thank you for creating this thread, for all of FC members here, we will try to answer all your doubts and questions about Vivant Rift here if it's possible, please @Vivant so we can respond in time.
Thank you.

Jojo_Vivant,

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
The feature list is quite enticing for sure.
Some solid ideas and choices.

I've been wanting to try a mostly conduction hybrid capable of sessions for some time now, and the Rift seems promising.
I was always tempted by the Alternate, but never quite pulled the trigger, and then other vapes emerged to tempt me elsewhere .
This looks like it could well be special though! (it'll need to be, considering the competition nowadays).

The 'captive' battery doesn't bother me at all (I'd get a power bank).

I wonder if @Vivant is planning a WPA?

I'll need a couple of good reviews before I shell out myself though :razz:
Hi, so far we WPA was not planned to add on, if you are vaping dry herb, you may try Vleaf, it has a big bowl designed for dry herb, and has a WPA. ;)
But Rift still will be a great choice by its performance, here I attached some recent new reviews, and you can also find more on youtube.
Thank you.

Jojo_Vivant,
Reactions: Copacetic

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
Just want to point out that they say this is a hybrid vaporizer. When many of us hear hybrid vaporizer we think convection/conduction heating.

Their usage of "hybrid" is different than mine.
Rift heating system is conduction and convection at the same time.

Jojo_Vivant,

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
We will have a big sales promotion on our website for Halloween, everyone, please follow our Instagram or subscribe to vivant.com, to make sure you don't miss the coming events.
Thank you.

Jojo_Vivant,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is a Rift on my way, I hope it brings the same vapor signature the Alternate offers!

PPN,

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
3 days discount for 35% off on all Vivant products!

renderTimingPixel.png

35% discount off quiz starts from 30th Oct 12:00 am - 1st Nov 12 pm.

How to enter? Go visit our website events, and answer 1 question, then you will get the code!
zIRGr3w.jpg

Special love for FC family!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks.
Hi, I received my Rift yesterday.

First impressions are mitiged but only cause the initial silicone taste, the part in the mouthpiece area stinks like hell and pollute the taste. Although, as expected, this bad taste will fade with time and some cleaning with iso. The replacement silicone part doesn't stinks, surprisingly, so I think it's a curing issue.

The good part is the vapor production, this vape produce thick clouds and taste seems not too bad at all since the silicone start to cure now. The on-demand feature is working very well but is a battery hog. I like the short timer (2mn) since you can add 30s with 2 press on the "M" button (M for menu I think).

The bowl extract very well but is awkward to fill. Still not tried concentrates, lets the testing going!

CarbonFiberGuy

Hi, I received my Rift yesterday.

First impressions are mitiged but only cause the initial silicone taste, the part in the mouthpiece area stinks like hell and pollute the taste. Although, as expected, this bad taste will fade with time and some cleaning with iso. The replacement silicone part doesn't stinks, surprisingly, so I think it's a curing issue.

The good part is the vapor production, this vape produce thick clouds and taste seems not too bad at all since the silicone start to cure now. The on-demand feature is working very well but is a battery hog. I like the short timer (2mn) since you can add 30s with 2 press on the "M" button (M for menu I think).

The bowl extract very well but is awkward to fill. Still not tried concentrates, lets the testing going!
Any updates on this vape ppn ? It seems like a good deal for $100 on Black Friday don’t you think ?

CarbonFiberGuy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A bit early to speak but there is definitively pros and cons, for 100$ I think it's closer of the real value of this vape and you wouldn't be too much disappointed if it happens you don't like it...

Not a review but a list of the pros and cons.

Pro's: Clouds maker, works well with concentrates, on-demand mode (boost mode), fast charge,smooth
Neutral's: Taste, size&form factor
con's: Loading, cleaning, battery life, heating chamber enclosed in a plastic housing, initial silicone taste/smell

I was positively surprised with the Alternate but despite the mp broke it's still used on a regular basis with a custom mp, the V-Leaf got this strong signature too but brings a bad taste I can't identify (not silicone I think) and the Rift got some nice features, produces thick clouds, it's efficient but there is no more this signature i liked with the Alternate, it's different cause I think more conduction is involved here. Although it still produces strong reliefs.

PLEASE TAKE ALL MY OPINIONS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT SINCE IT'S A BIT EARLY FOR A FULL TESTING!!

Last edited:
PPN,

CarbonFiberGuy

Rift has shipped ! I bought 6 new vapes over the weekend sales , and for some reason I’m really excited to try this one out . Maybe because there is not a whole lot of reviews and so many features . I really need a good conduction unit in my lineup and I hope this fits the bill . Thanks for the update ppn I’ll let everyone know what I think too

CarbonFiberGuy,
Reactions: PPN

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
Last day of the Black Friday discount, every minute counts.
Did you all receive the email for 50% off code?
NqITfaS.jpg

Jojo_Vivant,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Not a final review but some more feedback after approximatively 2 weeks of usage, although, lately, my consumption lowered a lot but only cause I'm getting the flu... but I'm beginning to recover now.

Like expected the taste improved after 8-10 bowls but the initial unpleasant flavor is strong (I wasn't sick at this time) cause there is a few silicone parts in the vaporpath, this parts are far enough of the heated part to not to be affected by it. But there is too some plastic or something similar (please @Jojo_Vivant could you get the info ?) like a sort of encasing for the bowl with a "plastic" lid to keep it in place (since the bowl is removable for cleaning or replacement), this lid contains a screen built in the mass, you can see it very well in the first pic of this thread. So there is definitevely plastic or anythingelse in the vaporpath and rather close of the heated bowl.

Bowl itself doesn't look like stainless steel since it's not magnetic, please @Jojo_Vivant is it aluminium?

Vapor is smooth and thick with some tastys accents for the few first rips. I use mine in custom mode all the time (I even forgotten how to switch modes!).

Bowl size is not huge despite the pics, I would say 0.15 at max.

Heating time is very fast, more comparable to the Fury than the Alternate's heating time.

Works very well with ungrounded tiny parts if flowers are not very dense.

Surprisingly I still not see a lot of things to clean except the top lid stainless steel screen even with concentrates usage (rosin and kief). I used it approximatively 20-25 times at max.

Battery life is rather short... I want say 3 bowls using 3 heating cycles of 2mn each (maybe 1 or 2 cycles mpore if you push it down)... BUT battery charge very fast, you are ready to vape in 30-40mn at max using a wallport, a power bank or with my computer.

More to come... but, even if I'm not extremely excited about it (but I have so much vapes!!), I can't contest some nice ideas, good performances and decent building quality.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Rift has shipped ! I bought 6 new vapes over the weekend sales , and for some reason I’m really excited to try this one out . Maybe because there is not a whole lot of reviews and so many features . I really need a good conduction unit in my lineup and I hope this fits the bill . Thanks for the update ppn I’ll let everyone know what I think too
Did you got the Rift? How do you like it?

Finally the silicon/chemical taste faint enough to my lilking but I bet some more sensitives noses will continue to taste it since there is a lot of "plastic" and silicone in the airpath/vaporpath.

Would like to post more but there was a bug and everything I typed was deleted, it's a PIA but I will type it again later!

A quick resume of what I typed:
- smooth and thick vapor even at high temp
- not a lot of reclaim despite the long vaporpath, unit stays pretty clean except some build up around the top of the bowl
- efficient
- cumbersome to load/unload
- still need to test true microdosing and test unit exclusively in boost mode (on-demand) to see how long the battery last in this mode

readyman

wax kief and flower in one sesh WOW this hits hard and quick great for out and about

readyman,

CarbonFiberGuy

Did you got the Rift? How do you like it?

Finally the silicon/chemical taste faint enough to my lilking but I bet some more sensitives noses will continue to taste it since there is a lot of "plastic" and silicone in the airpath/vaporpath.

Would like to post more but there was a bug and everything I typed was deleted, it's a PIA but I will type it again later!

A quick resume of what I typed:
- smooth and thick vapor even at high temp
- not a lot of reclaim despite the long vaporpath, unit stays pretty clean except some build up around the top of the bowl
- efficient
- cumbersome to load/unload
- still need to test true microdosing and test unit exclusively in boost mode (on-demand) to see how long the battery last in this mode

I actually like it and did not have the taste issues as you . Maybe it was just your unit . This vape is actually quite nice and the Turbo on demand feature is very useful . For $80 right now I think it’s a great deal I payed $20 more on last years sale and was happy with it . I have pax3, mighty, mv1, cfx, and e-nano... The rift still gets used in the rotation . It’s a pretty heavy hitter actually out of the bunch .

Top Bottom