• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So, if we wanted to add a little citric acid to see if it helped, what would be the best way to try that?
I get citric acid crystals at my local home brew store. I would get that and some universal PH Reagent drops and start mixing and testing. I would mix your vaping fluid to a PH of like 4 to start and see what happens. Taste, smell, eyes, all will be important here. It will be interesting to see how strong the citric acid/water solution tastes relative to different PH values.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ehhhhhhhh, I think it will be easier to just change the water every day. Since I don't indulge all day there isn't really enough time in the 4 or 5 hours the glass is full to have any significant growth of bacteria so this is really a solution without a problem for me. I DO appreciate the ongoing experiment and may well use the best solution arrived at, but adjusting the PH of my water electronically OR chemically may be more effort than I need to make for now. :) Back to the bleachers for now...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ehhhhhhhh, I think it will be easier to just change the water every day. Since I don't indulge all day there isn't really enough time in the 4 or 5 hours the glass is full to have any significant growth of bacteria so this is really a solution without a problem for me. I DO appreciate the ongoing experiment and may well use the best solution arrived at, but adjusting the PH of my water electronically OR chemically may be more effort than I need to make for now. :) Back to the bleachers for now...
Fair enough. I guess I have to get off my lazy butt and do my own science . . . :lol::science:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So TIL that Warheads Sour candy has a pH of 1.6, by using Malic acid.

Maybe a few drops of it will lower the pH of water?

Kief

Medicated
So, if we wanted to add a little citric acid to see if it helped, what would be the best way to try that?
For the least expensive way to try it... go to your local health food store and get a small scoop of granulated citric acid out of the bulk bin, it looks just like salt and should cost about a dollar or less for a tablespoon. After deciding it was a winner, I bought a 4 oz bottle... about $4 and it should last me a long time.

I was using a 1/4 tsp scoop and only filling it about 1/4 - 1/3 of capacity to add to my 100ml solution. I have no idea what that measures out to exactly, but it's not much and certainly cost effective. A set of those tiny measuring spoons may be ideal, the ones that have dash and pinch measurements. I'd like to find the perfect single hole pepper shaker to pour it right in my bubbler, that should keep it clean and easy.

I will not be measuring my PH, but I'm very interested in finding out if it has anything to do with keeping the glass clean from the sticky stuff instead of just inhibiting growth. For now, I know the extra citric acid is working and working well.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I will not be measuring my PH, but I'm very interested in finding out if it has anything to do with keeping the glass clean from the sticky stuff instead of just inhibiting growth. For now, I know the extra citric acid is working and working well.
We think alike, I like your style. I have everything I need to do the experiments except some PH reagent drops, I ran out, which are on the way. Then the only thing standing in my way will be laziness since my Jupiter ionizer works so well I have to force myself to actually do the experiment . . . :lol:

41-XwXD3aKL.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Fair enough. I guess I have to get off my lazy butt and do my own science . . . :lol::science:

We think alike, I like your style. I have everything I need to do the experiments except some PH reagent drops, I ran out, which are on the way. Then the only thing standing in my way will be laziness since my Jupiter ionizer works so well I have to force myself to actually do the experiment . . . :lol:

41-XwXD3aKL.jpg

:p

EverythingsHazy

Does anyone else notice a big increase in bubble stacking, while using cranberry extract? The bubbles stack a lot better/higher up in the can, even with a lighter draw.

Anyone with a piece that can stack, next time you fill it, before adding the cranberry extract, draw on it and change the water levek so that bubbles never reach close to the top. Then add 3 drops of CE and try it again. You'll have to do a few quick draws at first just to get it all mixed in and coating the glass, before the effect kicks in, but when it does, you'll notice.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you want to "kill" the bubble stacking ability of your glass, although who would, you can. I did this by accident once testing shit. When you clean your glass if you use a rinse agent like Jet Dry, like what you use in the dishwasher, that will completely destroy the stacking ability of your piece until you wash it again really well.

WeedyGirl1979

So I finally got around to running my highly unscientific test to see how long NACL plus citric acid powder would keep your water and glass unfouled. I didn't measure, and I didn't add anything other than my customary 1 drop of lemon balm for taste. One week plus later, I finally dumped it, more for the specks of herb floating then general grossness. The water got slightly cloudier as the week progressed, but never lost the pink color. For kicks, I used my dual chambered beaker style that works great with a Solo, and used distilled water for the bottom and tap for the top. No difference whatsoever in color changes and such, and when I washed it with some dishwashing detergent, it sparkled from top to bottom. No hard water line either. For those of you that distilled water isn't readily available for, I've had this powder for years and only a little sprinkle does the trick. The only thing I'd caution is that your water's gonna be super puckery (all the lemons, all at once!) so if you have glass that tends to splashback, plan accordingly with levels and all that.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was running out of CE so I went looking for it. Botanic Choice is having a sale for $4/bottle so in quantities of 3 or over that is a great deal and from the source so likely the freshest. However, the $6 shipping hurts the price under 3 bottles, and I'm just halfway through my second after 10 months or so, so I really don't want more than 2 at a time. And Amazon has them for $7 delivered, so for 1 bottle they are a better deal and for 2, about the same. Just for everyone's info... ;)

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've done a little testing, using citric acid crystals in my bubbler to raise the acidity. It does grow much less floaty things. I went two weeks between cleanings, and the only thing was just a few floaty crumbles, no "biologics" floating in the water. I used maybe three crystal grains, one drop of CE, in my water... Cleaned really easily, too.

When I clean and refill, I then stopper the openings again, and turn the piece so all the glass has been wetted... I think it leaves a thin film on the glass, which improves performance.

scottg402

I was running out of CE so I went looking for it. Botanic Choice is having a sale for $4/bottle so in quantities of 3 or over that is a great deal and from the source so likely the freshest. However, the $6 shipping hurts the price under 3 bottles, and I'm just halfway through my second after 10 months or so, so I really don't want more than 2 at a time. And Amazon has them for $7 delivered, so for 1 bottle they are a better deal and for 2, about the same. Just for everyone's info... ;)
I don't see this for $4. Maybe I am missing it. Can you possibly provide a link?

Thanks for posting!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
NACE has cut down on my PBW washes dramatically. Aside from a hot water shake every other week, I really don't do much to clean my glass. These days I do a PBW wash every 3-6 months to keep my glass clean.

(Also thanks to cheap DHgate glass, I rotate pieces every few weeks!)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yep, been done a few times - I believe the general consensus is that NACE has a bit more CE than BCCE and therefore requires fewer drops for equal performance. Although I've used both and never had a problem with either

MinnBobber

For those coming to this thread recently, NACE is Nature's Answer Cranberry Extract.
I searched but had to read like 20 posts before it was spelled out :(
I see Swanson Health Products carries it, might be other vendors too?

edit-thanks cybrguy. Swanson Health is:
Order Summary
Subtotal: $8.79
Standard Shipping: $4.99
Order Total: $13.78

Last edited:

John Lewus

NACE has cut down on my PBW washes dramatically. Aside from a hot water shake every other week, I really don't do much to clean my glass. These days I do a PBW wash every 3-6 months to keep my glass clean.

Same here on both PBW and cheap Chinese glass. I keep a big container of simply green for over night soaks to clean the areas the vapor touches but rezblock does not.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I keep a big container of simply green
Simple Green violates my low environmental footprint requirement when it goes down the drain. Its an alcohol based product. PBW actually puts oxygen back into the water, which is good for it, so its responsible going down the drain. Simple green is also bulky to store and expensive. But it does work.

Last edited:

chimpybits

Wow, that infrequent. I unfortunately get small bits beyond my screens and therefore into my water, so I reckon I'm forced into frequent water changes. One day I'll have a different vape and perhaps such a slack routine.

chimpybits,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom