• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just tried this and cannot get the taste of iodine out of my mouth. Would not recommend.
You may have used too much, most of the bad taste comes from the alcohol. Also, the purity of your tincture may be in play. One drop/at least 150-200 ml of solution, which fills more than one piece. You will notice a reduction in this after the solution settles in a bit.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
You may have used too much, most of the bad taste comes from the alcohol. Also, the purity of your tincture may be in play. One drop/at least 150-200 ml of solution, which fills more than one piece. You will notice a reduction in this after the solution settles in a bit.
Yeah, I got the Walgreen's brand and it doesn't have a proper dropper on it. Will try to find some better quality before I discount the idea.

063_XOBX,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Any iodine you are not willing to take orally (properly diluted), I wouldn't use for this application.

Edit: I am not a doctor or giving medical advice of any kind. Just sharing what I do, as an immune-suppressed patient, to keep things as absolutely clean as I can.

Last edited:

Blueberryyumyum

So how much drops of NACE / BCCE does everybody use? Now that i use BCCE i noticed that
my water doesn't get as pink compared to NACE. Before i used 4-5 drops of NACE, now i use
8 drops of BCCE and my water still doesn't get as pink as the NACE.

wisherly

I just dump the whole bottle of BCCE in there and vape through that. Fuck water! ;)
^I almost just did that after reading that just so I could take some pics and share them here. :D

Anyway, maybe everyone disagrees with me on this but I can definitely taste the BC stuff after pulling through it and I only use like 2-4 drops depending on the piece. It's not that strong and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I can definitely taste cranberry.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just dump the whole bottle of BCCE in there and vape through that. Fuck water! ;)
@Caligula - I love you brah but please troll up my non scientific threads yo? . . . ;)

I have not used the NACE, the BC is working nicely, however I am using it more quickly than RezBlock, however at the price and I'm also mixing some with electronically restructured water for a beverage, makes it awesome . . . The NACE may indeed be higher quality, I will find one locally and investigate.

Newcastle

Stoned!
I use 3-4 drops in my D020 and can taste it....but I like it. It is mild and pleasant. I don't notice it as much after a few uses. I change it every day and think it does a great job. I rinse it out with alcohol once a week and it stays pretty clean with daily use.

Caligula

Maximus
Bacterial growth is for real.

We had company over the weekend. Before they got here I had to pack up the glass. Emptied out the bong, shook it a few times and put it away. 4 days later I pull it out to see a big grey/black colony growing in the center of the bottom of the main chamber. Im assuming water stuck in the honeycomb dripped down and settled there. The colony was the size of a jelly bean!

I have NEVER had this happen before with regular water.

Fucking gross.

BTW, the water used was a fresh jug of distilled with 4 drops of BCCE in it (the glass not the whole jug). Was changed about an hour before I dumped it.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Bacterial growth is for real.

We had company over the weekend. Before they got here I had to pack up the glass. Emptied out the bong, shook it a few times and put it away. 4 days later I pull it out to see a big grey/black colony growing in the center of the bottom of the main chamber. Im assuming water stuck in the honeycomb dripped down and settled there. The colony was the size of a jelly bean!

I have NEVER had this happen before with regular water.

Fucking gross.

BTW, the water used was a fresh jug of distilled with 4 drops of BCCE in it (the glass not the whole jug). Was changed about an hour before I dumped it.
Definitely for real. Even ISO barely had any effect. Took 5 washes with Epsom salt to get the worst out of my D020.

Caligula

Maximus
Definitely for real. Even ISO barely had any effect. Took 5 washes with Epsom salt to get the worst out of my D020.

Oh man, I wish I got it on video. It looked like a scale model of an amoeba! I put 99% iso in there and let it soak for a good 5 minutes. Only after that and some vigorous shaking did it dislodge from the glass. It came out in one large glob.

Reminds me of the guy who posted earlier saying he had a huge ball of "resin" that had collected in his water over a long period of time...

:puke:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This is why hygiene is so important. We are moving outside the box to improve quality of life, ease of clean, flavor, and sanitation for "regular" users of the system. If you don't like the growth, and silver hydro-sol and iodine don't appeal to you, please posit a different idea. One thing I'm shocked I have not seen is a glass collection with a silver piece incorporated into the bottom. Like "silver spoons" it might actually be worth investigating.

Caligula

Maximus
This is why hygiene is so important. We are moving outside the box to improve quality of life, ease of clean, flavor, and sanitation for "regular" users of the system. If you don't like the growth, and silver hydro-sol and iodine don't appeal to you, please posit a different idea. One thing I'm shocked I have not seen is a glass collection with a silver piece incorporated into the bottom. Like "silver spoons" it might actually be worth investigating.

Id buy it.

Silver aside, I always replace my water every day. Now, though, I will be sure to add a rinse to that with distiller H20 before retiring the rig for the evening. On lazy days, Ive been known to just dump it off the balcony and be done with it (lost a reducer once doing that...). Then again I never did let stuff sit for 3 days after the fact.

BTW, this natural perc to honeycomb tube I have is very simple. Id assume guys running complex diffusion rigs need be even more careful with this shit. Way more places to get water/cranberry caught.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The first time I used RezBlock, I did so in my hydratube.
I left it in there (I thought it looked pretty sitting "at ready")
I never used the Cloud much.
After a week of sitting unused, a "colony" formed as Caligula described.
It was inside the Hydratube however, and was in the form of a rubber band.
At the time I even called t-dub in for advice on how to remove the colony... as it wound itself in the holes of the hydratube.
Iso made it into a white rubber band that I could not shake loose.
After a few days of shaking and trying, I made a fish hook out of a few pipe cleaners.
I finally caught and extracted the "rubber band looking" gooey string.

I never left the stuff in there again except when I was about to use it.
I do not like water filtration at all... so it is not an issue.
When a visitor is here and wants water, I mix the extract on the spot, and empty and clean the water piece the second the session is done.

Caligula

Maximus
The first time I used RezBlock, I did so in my hydratube.
I left it in there (I thought it looked pretty sitting "at ready")
I never used the Cloud much.
After a week of sitting unused, a "colony" formed as Caligula described.
It was inside the Hydratube however, and was in the form of a rubber band.
At the time I even called t-dub in for advice on how to remove the colony... as it wound itself in the holes of the hydratube.
Iso made it into a white rubber band that I could not shake loose.
After a few days of shaking and trying, I made a fish hook out of a few pipe cleaners.
I finally caught and extracted the "rubber band looking" gooey string.

I never left the stuff in there again except when I was about to use it.
I do not like water filtration at all... so it is not an issue.
When a visitor is here and wants water, I mix the extract on the spot, and empty and clean the water piece the second the session is done.

Hmmm maybe I need to pick up on this practice. Then again I use it a lot throughout the day. I dont see this being an issue within a 12 hour period?

Caligula,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Hmmm maybe I need to pick up on this practice. Then again I use it a lot throughout the day. I dont see this being an issue within a 12 hour period?
Humidity might be a factor. I've seen growth (half a dozen gray fuzzy specks) in as little as 6 hours, but I also live in a very humid place.

063_XOBX,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Humidity might be a factor. I've seen growth (half a dozen gray fuzzy specks) in as little as 6 hours, but I also live in a very humid place.

IMO, the number one factor is HEAT.

I used to dump my used Rezblock water into a Milk jug, save me a few steps to the sink. It would sit there for a month and I've never noticed anything that has been described, but then again my basement never reaches above 70 degrees.

I also premix my Rezblock in a 20oz bottle that is stored in the fridge. The only thing I've noticed is the sediments that settle after so long.

Caligula

Maximus
Just to be clear, I'm talking about leaving the water/CE mix in the piece for 12 hours. Not residual water left over after dumping.

Also FWIW, my piece is stored in a cool, dry, closet. No bags, plastic, etc.

Caligula,

turk

turk
....I find that using distilled water really has limited any "growth" attaching itself to my glass...with regular water, I changed water, twice a day....I would periodically experience some growth...with distilled water (and rez block) I cahnge water every two days....so far no growth...but weekends is really where I pace the greatest demands on my unit...during the week it's not uncommon for me to just have 1 or two session only...

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I found that a short soak in a full strength (or 1:1) cup (or whatever) of plain old household bleach will break up and dissolve that stringy crap. Then a thorough cleaning, rinsing, etc.

~

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
.....I hate the smell of bleach...never tried to use it with my vaping tools.

Agree about the smell and I don't use it regularly for anything but sterilization...kills off mold perfectly and rinses completely.

turk

turk
....you are absolutely right of course...amazing how my instinctual aversion to it made me never even consider using it in this manner...but you are correct , that's why they clean needles in bleach etc...

turk,
Reactions: Sinclue
Top Bottom