1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Discussion in 'Glass' started by t-dub, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

1. Yes, this sounds cool.

88.0%
  2. No, you guys are nuts.

12.0%
  1. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Microbial growth is a problem that I have been experimenting with. I tried adding a drop of nascent iodine tincture to my mix and it works really well. Silver hydrosol works too but is pricey . . . I am going to experiment with potassium iodide (KI) next since you can use it to sanitize water, as well as for that pesky, occasional, nuclear fallout emergency I happen to have it laying around for, it should work well . . . :)
    SSVUN~YAH and Mrmrmrmr like this.
  2. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

That looks wayyy too similar to little white ball growth I get with rezblock... I think that is a solid mass of bacteria that you have been culturing...
  3. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

So my 4 bottles of Botanic Choice are in and I could not be happier. Not only is the size of the bottle twice as big as the RezBlock, but I examined and tasted them both and they appear to either be the exact same thing, OR, the Botanic Choice might be even stronger. I will know for sure when I dilute it in a graduated cylinder and look at the # of drops vs the color. So at $5/bottle what a deal!!! If I made the little bottles go 2 months that means one bottle of BC should last 4 months, which means I just scored over a years worth of solution for $20 . . . :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  4. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I wonder what the difference is...
    [​IMG]
    ...between an extract and a concentrate.
    SSVUN~YAH, Quetzalcoatl and Shrike like this.
  5. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

That is an excellent question. I know from the BT and NACE labels that they are considered to be 4:1, not sure about the concentrate. Also, I see no added sugar in the concentrate, thats good, however it has 15 grams of sugar in it, as well as "fruit". Both of these would add sediment and microbe problems possibly so I think therein lies the difference. I believe the "extract" to be more "pure" as in less of the original plant material and more of the active ingredients.

Ingredients
    Calories (110 g), Calories From Fat, Total Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Total Carbohydrate (28 g, 9%), Sugars (15 g), Protein, Vitamin C (10%), Calcium, Iron (4%)

Ingredients
    100% Pure fruit. 100% Juice. Cranberry Concentrate.

Directions
    Mix one part concentrate to five parts water or juice and sweeten to taste to make a delicious drink. Refrigerate after opening.
  6. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I think you're right, in that the difference may be that the concentrate has the sugars and organic matter, while the extract contains just the essence (whatever that term actually means; active molecules?) of the cranberry, suspended in alcohol or glycerine. Just speculating though.
    :hmm:
  7. brucebannor

brucebannor The Cheshire Cat

I googled to double check but at least in the states concentrate vs extract is regulated by the FDA. Concentrate is removing water from the fruit (normally with the intent to re-hydrate later at a 1:1 ratio - supermarket OJ) Extract is made by making concentrate, then reducing it further to a syrup and finally adding alcohol (normally with the intent of baking).

I do know Rez Block contains vegetable glycerin, I always wondered if the NACE product was lacking that.
    SSVUN~YAH and Angus Thermopyle like this.
  8. Detonator

Detonator Well-Known Member

My new bong doesn't hold much water and I'm about to go get some rez block today....... I'm too tired to read all this thread.....

But tell me should I just get rez block ? or Have you guys found cranberry extract is better?
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  9. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

Not better, just cheaper.

If you need RezBlock now, order from 420 science.

Why not order a bottle of each, determine for your self? Stuff is cheap and I prefer using the smaller 1/2 oz bottles that RezBlock sends.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  10. Roger D

Roger D Vapor Wizard

Botanic Choice
  11. samuraix420

samuraix420 Active Member

Very interesting! Just read through the whole thread, and placed myself an order of cranberry extract.

While I understand this eliminates oil buildup after the water, I was curious to the reclaim potential of downstem. Does the extract ruin the oil accumulation?
    t-dub and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  12. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH Hey hey hey bhombs away!

Nope, just be sure to change your water out, mold could develop ruining your accumulation. That would be all you have to worry about.
    Shrike, samuraix420 and t-dub like this.
  13. Sinclue

Sinclue OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

14. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

@Sinclue Thank you, thank you, thank you for that. Done, done and done. This should keep me going for quite some time. In fact 6 bottles at $2.50/bottle should keep me in cranberry vaping fluid, at my present rate of consumption, for 2 years, for $15 . . . :tup:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  15. Ville23

Ville23 Well-Known Member

You rule Sinclue! :rockon:
    Killer deal...thanks a lot!

BTW...is there an expiration date on these?
    I may need to get another round.
    JoeKickass, Sinclue, t-dub and 2 others like this.
  16. LaFouine

LaFouine Member

Thank You Sinclue ! :tup:

I didn't resist... even for international, It's a deal !

[​IMG]

10$ international shipping for 6 bottles is a good price too :nod:
  17. samuraix420

samuraix420 Active Member

Sorry for quoting an old post, but this is just awesome! How long does it take to warm the glass/water from room temperature?
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  18. b0

b0 Vapor powered

In the web it says that the free shipping is over 45$ now? :(
    LaFouine and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  19. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH Hey hey hey bhombs away!

It will change, said that to me so I put 9 in cart, after that it said 30 for free shipping so I changed number back to 6. They discount shipping just before processing...

Shout out to @Sinclue good looking out!
    ou812?, Quetzalcoatl, Sinclue and 4 others like this.
  20. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

You have to put in the coupon code (Coupon code:ANNIV14) to get the free shipping and it adjusts at the end of checkout.
  21. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

But I already have two bottles from my last order. :cry:

In for 6. Thanks Sinclue, nice find.

What are the chances they have this many in stock?
    ou812?, Quetzalcoatl, Sinclue and 4 others like this.
  22. doubledown

doubledown Well-Known Member

In on the deal. Thanks Sinclue for putting it out here for all of us.
    ou812?, Quetzalcoatl, t-dub and 3 others like this.
  23. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Shit man. Awesome. Just ordered 6.

You rock Sinclue.
    Quetzalcoatl, t-dub, Sinclue and 2 others like this.
  24. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

25. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

You know the guys in their shipping department are like 'wtf?'!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors