Revolverre Glass store is OPEN !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I totaly forget about giving you news back Tom , For now I have try 2 glass cup , both look pretty good , look solid but for some reason that I dont understand , the glass dont get really hot ...even after hours sitting on the pd it was not hot enough to boil water ? but my design might be the trouble , I have to make a butt seal that look like this ][ to make a parts that nicely sit on the pd and a part that is the ''cup'' what make a pretty thick bottom to the cup ,that might be the problem . Also I'm not super familiar with essential oil , does it need to boil to release the smell ? I will post the 2 cup in question tomorow

Clear_Dome,

lwien

Does not need to boil. A small glass dish sitting 6 inches above a small tea light candle works just fine, so I'd imagine that it doesn't need to get really, really hot.

lwien,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
ho really ! great ! so maybe it work ....I'll go buy some tomorow and will try with the cup I have !

Clear_Dome,

Ash

vaporist
CD - I think the stock aroma cup runs too hot. The ideal temp is way below boiling. You just want to warm the oils. I would think the right temp would be hot to the touch, but not too hot to touch. With the stock cup I'm now using the technique of putting water in the cup with the oil. Works much better. The water keeps the oil at 100* C. I think this is still be hotter than ideal, though.

EDIT: BTW, I definitely want one of these.

Ash,

lwien

Ash said:
CD - I think the stock aroma cup runs too hot. The ideal temp is way below boiling. You just want to warm the oils. I would think the right temp would be hot to the touch, but not too hot to touch. With the stock cup I'm now using the technique of putting water in the cup with the oil. Works much better. The water keeps the oil at 100* C. I think this is still be hotter than ideal, though.

EDIT: BTW, I definitely want one of these.
Yeah, the stock cup even with water runs too hot. The oil and water evaporates really quick and then you get that burnt smell.

CD, when you test out your aroma bowls, fill them with water and add about 3 drops of oil to see how it works.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Yeah, glass should work well... it's not just the conduction, it's the mass and surface area. :science:

And the oil varies, Pammy has found. Some is not well suited to this application, some is.

The heavier mass metal pails shown on our blog work very well, the same should be true for the glass cups.

Purple-Days,

sour

Clear_Dome said:
haaaa I hate having to deal with mail ....I'm alway scrared about how people will take care of the package and if it will sit at the custom for week or ....next time I think I will raise the price of shipping but ship via Express post , it cost a bit more but cross the border so fast ....I think Fear420 got his package in 4 days ...

also some ask me about making a list for the PD water filter , it should be a good idea , this way my FC friends should be the first to get it . the price for those should be around 75$ according to how long it will take me to do it with the new size of tubing . no custom request yet for those water stem .

List :
Stickstones
Buzzhead
curtrk06

please let me know if you want to be on the list or be removed from the list here , it will be easier for me to follow the list here than via email

:peace:
if possible I'd like to be put on the list for a PD water filter as well as a swirly aroma cup

sour,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Clear! I ordered some of the first PD stems too but they haven't yet arrived. I am in the Southern USA and not worried. Mail will come. I will be sure to report back when they do arrive.

Oh please put me down on the list for a PD water filter. If you figure out the swirly armoa top I'd love to go on the list for one of those too please. A girl cannot have too many PD accessories LOL!

I look forward to seeing the latest pieces in your shop too. I stop by often :) Thank you again and have a great day!

Lo,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
here we go:
DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1417.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

the red is too big but still sit on the metal tube without touching the wood but the gap is realy realy small so it's still to big .
Thanks for the word on the shipping , I'll wait to get news back from you .Thanks

Clear_Dome,

tuttle

This is really simple and silly, but what I would really love is a pick with a base that would fit into to the Purple Days tube so you could use it as a little tamping device. You must be asking "why don't you just use your finger?" There are times when, believe it or not I like less than a full PD bowl, and in such situations it would be nice to have a little tamping device.

Pick.jpg

tuttle,

lwien

CD, I would bet that the glass bowls wouldn't even have to touch the heat exchanger to work, which could possibly allow for a larger diameter glass bowl. The problem with small bowls like what you have pictured is that the oils get used up pretty quick. A larger glass piece that could hold an eighth to a quarter cup of water works a lot better, imho. Something shaped like this maybe, but a bit smaller:

lwien,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
tuttle said:
This is really simple and silly, but what I would really love is a pick with a base that would fit into to the Purple Days tube so you could use it as a little tamping device. You must be asking "why don't you just use your finger?" There are times when, believe it or not I like less than a full PD bowl, and in such situations it would be nice to have a little tamping device.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k35/tuttle5/Pick.jpg
a screwdriver with a purple handle???? :lol:

SSS,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
tuttle said:
SSS said:
a screwdriver with a purple handle???? :lol:
Make it and I will buy it. Nothing else works that well.
is it the purple handle that appeals to you? i don't understand. this tool can be found in any hardware store.

SSS,

lwien

I saw that HC. :/ Was going to comment and then.....................poof.

lwien,

lord

Any idea on when the bubbler stem is going to be released and the estimated cost?

lord,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
lord said:
Any idea on when the bubbler stem is going to be released and the estimated cost?
He said $75 on the last page. And he's waiting on tubing for them

minnesnowta,

tuttle

SSS said:
is it the purple handle that appeals to you? i don't understand. this tool can be found in any hardware store.
Like I said, it is the size. No screwdriver that I have seen has a handle that is the >0.25" OD needed to fit in the bowl end of the stem. The idea of this is that the purple side is the tamper, the other side a pick.

tuttle,

lord

tuttle said:
SSS said:
Like I said, it is the size. No screwdriver that I have seen has a handle that is the >0.25" OD needed to fit in the bowl end of the stem. The idea of this is that the purple side is the tamper, the other side a pick.
tuttle, I use the flat end of the a dentist pick for packing, and the other side for removal. Fits perfect, and works amazing.

I almost positive this is the set I have: here

lord,

max

Out to lunch
Got my 1st 2 glass PD tubes in the mail yesterday (CD said they were shipped 3/16). One is straight and the other a requested angled tube. The angle ends up being about 45 degrees when the PD is held upright-just right. Total length is about 11", compared to 8.25" for the straight one, but not much longer, measured tip to tip in a straight line. Hits are very much cooler than the stock tube, without being too thin. After one evening of hitting glass tubes I'm hooked. I do want to try a slightly shorter, straight (or slightly bent) tube, but the 8" length works out quite well for a slightly elevated PD hit, with my elbow resting on the arm of my chair. The mouthpiece end of the angled tube (present for the wife) is 24k gold fume (expect to pay extra if you want that), and looks pinkish or gold, depending on the light. The pic doesn't do it justice (nice pattern). I'll try to get a close up pic posted. The glass is quite thick and these tubes won't be easily broken. I predict that these are going to be extremely popular with PD owners and should keep CD quite busy. ;)

max,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Congrats Max! Looks like you're the first :)

Very much looking forward to mine, ordered straights, first ones available...maybe have to seek curved next. Exciting!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I got mine yesterday, or shall I say it arrived at my girlfriends house. I haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to it.

DevoTheStrange,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Well atleast I know it should be here soon good to hear that people are finally getting them. I can't wait

minnesnowta,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom