Revoking Classified Privileges

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I hope this is the right place of the forum, and it's not a repeat topic. I searched, but didn't find one, so if so, apologies.

What are people's thoughts on revoking a user's privileges to use the Classified section on this site?

There is a requirement for new users to hit a certain activity level before being allowed to post. What about for established members who have repeatedly abused the section?

I fully understand it's caveat emptor when using the Classifieds, but if a user is repeatedly ripping people off, wouldn't it be fair to ban them from the Classifieds if there are multiple issues with several buyers? Create some sort of threshold perhaps, after 3 negative interactions with people, you're banned from the Classifieds.

Just curious what others think.

mestizo

I hope this is the right place of the forum, and it's not a repeat topic. I searched, but didn't find one, so if so, apologies.

What are people's thoughts on revoking a user's privileges to use the Classified section on this site?

There is a requirement for new users to hit a certain activity level before being allowed to post. What about for established members who have repeatedly abused the section?

I fully understand it's caveat emptor when using the Classifieds, but if a user is repeatedly ripping people off, wouldn't it be fair to ban them from the Classifieds if there are multiple issues with several buyers? Create some sort of threshold perhaps, after 3 negative interactions with people, you're banned from the Classifieds.

Just curious what others think.
I'm glad somebody finally thought of it.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Per our Classifieds Rules:

So yes, we do revoke Classifieds privileges when necessary. :goon:

:peace:

Definitely good to hear.

Is there a way to report when someone should be banned besides the negative feedback thread? If you look through it, there are multiple complaints against a single user. Didn't know if there was a formal way to escalate the situation.

Thanks.

Roth,
Reactions: mestizo
Top Bottom