Reusing vaped herb

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hennessy1414 said:
KeepCalm said:
SpiralArchitect said:
proceeded to watch my friend take a huge, yellow milky bong rip of vaped bud......
That's so fucking gross! :lol:
its funny to watch kids openly do that like its a regular thing...they say it gets them twice as high(friends) :puke: no thanks

its like why did you even waste the moeny on a vape when you do that BS after

:peace:
Why not just turn the vape up alittle bit and take the duff to the brink that way? I have a bowl of quite dark ABV waiting to be consumed ... and I only have on small nug left. :uhoh: I will just turn my Vaporite POS up an extra 20 degrees, follow the process to prevent burning (patents pending :p ), and suck the shit out of it until its basically black - but not combusted! Either that or it will go thru my VG bong which usually results in a a push to far and some combustion. But the end result is you still get pretty wasted and the ABV is very much cashed without buring my throat via combustion.

vaporcloud,

High n Dry

so today i hit a bowl of vaped herb out of curiousity it was awful! harsh it did get me high but no more for me!

High n Dry,

bsandhu

i used 26.5 grams of vaporized weed and 7 grams of fresh herb in 1/2pound of butter and its pretty effin potent

bsandhu,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
Why not just turn the vape up alittle bit and take the duff to the brink that way? I have a bowl of quite dark ABV waiting to be consumed ... and I only have on small nug left. :uhoh: I will just turn my Vaporite POS up an extra 20 degrees, follow the process to prevent burning (patents pending :p ), and suck the shit out of it until its basically black - but not combusted! Either that or it will go thru my VG bong which usually results in a a push to far and some combustion. But the end result is you still get pretty wasted and the ABV is very much cashed without buring my throat via combustion.

only in the E man.....only in the E :lol:

dude im so glad you kno where im comin from when i post that :lol: you the best

Hennessy1414,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
I don't get it. I went to the vaporizer to get more efficient use and healthier experience. I love the taste. The ABV just seems like taking old coffee grounds and re-percolating to get more coffee. It seems to me it would taste like shit. Maybe I'm wasteful, but I just throw that stuff away. My duff is completely skunk-odor free when I grind it up in my palm, so how much is there, really? It's also pretty brown (not black) so maybe my HV is heating it pretty high...

Phaang,

Beezleb

The more vaped the abv is the less value it has. I save mine but I have yet to get anything decent out of it but I vape mine well.

For those who vape to a lesser a degree and/or have a less efficient vape can get more out of it. Way to many variables for it to be certain how well abv will work for someone as the state of the abv is unique to each person and their vape model efficiency.

Beezleb,

Axeshredder

I was looking to try making the butter but the QWISO hash sounds great...anyone with a picture or review of the hash quality?

Axeshredder,

joesalamon

im making some QWISO this week, ill try and post a picture when i do.

is it pointless to make qwiso then cook with that or should i just cook straight with the vape poo

joesalamon,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
you are already extracting any THC left in the ABV when you use it with oil or butter to cook so there would be no point in using iso. furthermore, using the duff to cook instead of iso washing ensures that you maintain a "buddy" flavor and not a hint of alcohol flavor. just my :2c:.

illadelph,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
dont ever use ISO on duff or beautiful greens brah..just a terrible option. Your much better off making canna-duff-butter and making ice water hash with the greens(if you have that much..another option is a shit-ton of sugar trim) :cool: much safer/tastier that way.
:2c:

Hennessy1414,

Axeshredder

I made the butter recipe (http://www.vapormovement.com/?p=233) yesterday...came out kinda green looking..., used about 3/4 oz of duff to 2 sticks of butter. made brownies with mix and substituted the butter for the oil. i ate 1/10th of it and passed out an hour later...woke up another hour after that freakin wasted ...ate another little piece...passed out again.....i think it may be too potent...especially in the THCV's that evaporate at the higher than vape temperatures. Its that sleepy combustion high that i havent had in a long time...lol...im scared to eat any more of them things...BTW...though that batter smelled of duff and tasted of it, after cooking there was no trace of it whatsoever...i added a bag of walnuts and m&ms....that really made them perfect!:ko:

Axeshredder,

zaaboot

I use Ice hash in the bowl and use any type weed to act as a bed so it does not melt through and ruin the Volcano...
I collect this up and pound it to a powder and make butter - with the butter I usuallky make cookies or recently I made some blue berry muffins which were so nice I got too high for too long...:)

Half a slab of Butter
Loads of used Vopo herb

Mix two together on a low heat for an hour -
Solidify in fridge
Melt and heat agin for twentey minutes
Pour through coffee filter paper in to a container
Refrodgerate and use when needed

I would use as much as possible to make it, the more concentrated teh better

zaaboot,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
This is a modified reciepe from Hounds Cannabis Capsule Guide Using Flames Recipe main difference it is entirely ABV
Ok so I have been meaning to try this for sometime now. But ive just been saving up my ABV for awhile.
A few days ago I took a crock-pot i got from wal-mart, 1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil and 1/2 cup of flour consistancy abv using a strainer to grind. I placed the 1/2 cup oil in the crock-pot and let it heat up on high till it got over 225 and then turned the heat down to low and added the 1/2 cup of flour consistency abv and just let it simmer for over 24hrs. Stirring it all of maybe twice with a fork or no more than 30 secs. Let it cool and poured into a mason jar. Took a pipette and siphoned the mixture into 00 Gelatin Caps. Capped 8 and waited till the next day.
Empty Stomach, no meds and "dry" all day.
Took all 8 at 3:30 by 4:30 i cant tell if im buzzed or if im just cold and feeling funny becuase of the fan. By 5:00 im certain im buzzed and thirsty as fuck.
As easy as this was to make its worth the effort. No taste easy to make and realtivly cheap
$12 Oil (enough oil for 6-8 batches this size) and $3-6 for caps 100-250 and $15 for crock-pot

The ABV was from a V3 E that is always at 260 c and runs at least 2 bags through most bowls

umpnum14,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
last night i dumped some abv into a shot of everclear, let it soak for like 15 mins then drank

tasted vile but got me plenty fucked up

Acolyte of Zinglon,

umpnum14

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
last night i dumped some abv into a shot of everclear, let it soak for like 15 mins then drank

tasted vile but got me plenty fucked up
yes ive been thinking of a ticnture using everclear hmmmm may have to go to the abc store
what was the high like? different? length of time longer?

umpnum14,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i drank it at about 6 and was fucked up all evening, first from the alcohol, then the alc and weed then just the weed

Acolyte of Zinglon,

umpnum14

bluntfaced said:
wow you run at 260 and there was still goodness in it
yep but remember the 260 isnt the actual temp so there are still cannabinoids which can be extracted

umpnum14,

VapMonkey

I don't have much experience with using AVB, but I've been saving some up recently.

I've found smoking it works but it tastes pretty bad, like everyone else says, it's extremely harsh on the throat, has a strong chlorophyl taste and leaves you with a headache, which sometimes takes a little while to kick in. A lot like smoking leaf, except that it actually gets you high.
The high is pretty weak though, I find I have to smoke at least 5 times as much as I'd smoke fresh herb to get me anywhere, but I vape my herb pretty thoroughly. In the end there HAS to be a better method than smoking it. It's definitely the most harmful to your health out of all the various methods.

I'm not a fan of cooking with weed, I've tried a bunch of times and with no tangible results. A few kilos of leaf and stem and three or four ounces of poor quality hermaphrodite bud wasted in my attempts to cook with weed. Not worth it in my opinion, but that's just because I've never had a good experience with it.

I am yet to try cooking with AVB, but I'm not going to even bother after my disasterous results using leaf and low quality bud.
I'm thinking that I will try the iso soaking method, probably over a period of time rather than a Quick Wash, as I don't care about taste as long as I get the maximum high possible and extract the full potential from my buds.

But I think it will really come down to a matter of personal preference in the end, there are so many ways to extract the remaining psychoactive chemicals that there is bound to be one that suits your needs.
A bit of research and experimentation should be all it takes to find the best way for you.

A quick search of youtube comes up with some incredibly simple and easy to follow methods if you are too lazy/vaked to read.

VapMonkey,

SometimesY

Thanks for the vid Choism, and the Everclear/tincture ideas above Acolyte and umpnum14...I've been contemplating making some ABV QWISO, but I think I'll make a tincture instead. I hadn't really even thought of it, so thanks for the idea.

As far as cooking goes, I'm a big fan of Duff Brownies. I usually use 12-15g per batch of 12 brownies, and they are quite potent -- one of them is plenty.

I also use an abbreviated cannabutter method which takes only about 30 minutes. I just heat 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp butter to 220F, add my duff, and keep it at that temp for 20 minutes. I then strain it through a strainer and cheesecloth, squeeze briefly, and immediately use the 1/2 cup I yield in my brownie recipe (http://baking.about.com/od/brownies/r/ultimate.htm, which I highly recommend).

Though the butter is fairly vile, much of the objectionable taste "cooks out", and the resulting brownies are quite good, and very effective.

SometimesY,

extremevape420

pretty old thread but i got a couple questions. i have about a qp of abv saved up some of it may be close to a year old its been stored in a mason jar the whole time so i was wondering does this stuff go bad or is okay to do something with, if so would anyone recomend anything

extremevape420,

GreenLeaf

When you reuse vaped herb, do the effects compare to eating non-vaped/combusted herb in a brownie or in your food/drink of choice?

How much material should be used? Especially if you find that edibles made with regular plant material make you feel rather paralyzed and unable to move when you ate 3g in prepared food?

Anyone here ever make Firecrackers which are crackers, 420, and peanutbutter? I made something like this before but they were called Leary biscuits and were cheese and crackers.

GreenLeaf,

lwien

I use so little, that I have a tough time saving up enough ABV for cannabutter or oil to bake with, so I tried a bit of quiso, and it was ok, but I really didn't like the taste and it was just...........ok. So about an hour ago, I made some firecrackers using cinnamon graham crackers and organic peanut butter, both from Trader Joes, along with using 2gr. of abv. Easy to make, couldn't taste or smell the ABV at all, and best of all...................it's workin'.

lwien,
Top Bottom