• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Returning to Vaping After 4 Year Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

a bag of it

I have been a big fan of vaporizers for a long time, but the past few years I have mostly focused on concentrates and have been using a nail/rig setup. Back in 2010 at the height of my vaping, I had a SSV, a Myrtlezap (log style), and an iolite (hated it, but was really the only portable available at the time). I have used volcano's extensively and have a little experience with the MFLB. I have since sold the myrtlezap and iolite, and the SSV needs a new wand and heater cover. I'm trying to decide how to proceed.

I really liked the big heavy vapor clouds of the SSV, but it was never the most effecient vape, and the flavor was good, but not great imo. The myrtlezap was more effecient and had better flavor, but didn't produce the thick vapor clouds of the SSV and I think was ultimately too low of a fixed temp to reach my desired effect. The iolite had no redeeming qualities. I enjoy Volcano's, but bag style is not preferred. Was not super impressed by MFLB, but was better than the iolite.

Here's what I want:

efficiency

great flavor

thick potent vapor clouds

a home vape and and portable vape

ability to use with concentrates concentrates

ability to use with glass pieces

adjustable temperature

I have come up with a number of possible solutions and would like some advice on how to proceed. Let's assume that money isn't a major issue, but it would be great if I could accomplish my goals for less than $300. I'm willing to expand budget if needed.

Cheapest solution: Buy parts to get SSV up and running (~$50) then get a cheap portable like the vapman (I'm liking the look of this little guy)

Another option: buy new and improved log style such as the epic vape e-nano (~$200) then buy portable.

Option 3: Invest in something like the crafty that could serve as both home and portable use ~$400

Option 4: Some combination of the above vapes (SSV, Vapman, E-Nano, Crafty, etc)

Option 5: Your alternative selections!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Greetings!

Sounds like you've got quite a good idea of what you want.

I know what you mean about the iolite - my friend has one, we did a head to head comparison against my Davinci Ascent. The Ascent won hands down (but that doesn't mean the ascent is a great vape, just better than the iolite!).

Just another vape I suggest you consider is the Lotus - it's an extremely powerful butane vape. Its portable, but I can get clouds almost as large as my Nano. The only downside to this vape is that it can be hard for a newbie to learn. That's why I never take it out when vaping with friends who combust, I save the Lotus for solo sessions!

a bag of it

I suspect this only complicates things, but there is an $80 SSV Flavor Oil Vapor Kit which converts your SSV into a concentrates station.

That is a bit of a game changer. Do you have any experience with this? seems to work well in videos.

Just another vape I suggest you consider is the Lotus - it's an extremely powerful butane vape. Its portable, but I can get clouds almost as large as my Nano. The only downside to this vape is that it can be hard for a newbie to learn. That's why I never take it out when vaping with friends who combust, I save the Lotus for solo sessions!

I looked into the lotus, but I think I prefer the vapman. It's smaller and looks better and I like the packaging. I think it could also be used slightly more discreetly. Is the lotus really that much better?

a bag of it,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I looked into the lotus, but I think I prefer the vapman. It's smaller and looks better and I like the packaging. I think it could also be used slightly more discreetly. Is the lotus really that much better?

Lotus is pure convection, the Vapman is pure conduction. The vapman is preheated before you take a hit - which makes it more useable for stealth situations. The Lotus requires constant heating to get a hit, making it less stealthy

The thing I like about the Lotus is how easily it pairs with a waterpipe. I wouldn't say it's better, but it depends on how you want to use the vape. I love the ability to finish a load in 5 seconds flat.

Though to be honest, I rarely use my lotus these days. My Nano has taken over as the daily driver around my house.

chimpybits

That is a bit of a game changer. Do you have any experience with this? seems to work well in videos...
Unfortunately, no. There is a thread for it (ok technically, DBV nail thread), though it hasn't seen any action for a couple of months.

Personally, I like for you (and for me) the log + butane powered portable route. The Lily by Triihouse is yet another desirable portable to add to the list.

a bag of it

Upon Further review, the MiniVap looks pretty great. I'm wondering if the cost is justified if portability isn't a factor. For use as a home vap, is the minivap really that much better that the e-nano or one of the Storz & Bickel models? What about the herbalizer or sublimator, are those just overpriced or are they worth the sky high price tags? How much of an improvement would all of these be over my SSV, assuming flavor, potencey, and efficiency are all major factors?

For a portable, I'm liking the look of the lotus, daisy/lily, and vapman since they can all be used without electricity. Then again, the addition of a torch really reduces the discretion level. Maybe I need a discreet electric model in addition to a flavor/efficiency butane model.

I really only need a daily driver for home and a portable/somewhat discreet model for on the go. My SSV probably can hold down the DD position for a while, so mayble I'll just focus on my portable search for now.

z9

I really only need a daily driver for home and a portable/somewhat discreet model for on the go. My SSV probably can hold down the DD position for a while, so mayble I'll just focus on my portable search for now.

That's a great plan, the SSV holds its own against many newer, more expensive vaporizers. I'd get those replacement parts coming and look into a portable.

There's a lot of things to consider when looking into a portable that you don't necessarily consider when looking at desktop units. What's most important to you? Size? Discretion? Battery vs Flame? Battery life? Vapor density? Reliability? Convection vs Conduction? Will it be used around the house or solely on-the-go?

The various form factors portables are offered in make them difficult to compare, the Minivap should outperform an Airizer air or something comparable based on size alone since it has so much more room for the internal components - this is just an example, it doesn't necearrily carry over to all vaporizers. The Minivap is one of the most renowned and expensive portables on the market.

Last edited:
z9,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I see that you have the MiniVap in your sig as being the better choice over the air. Do you feel that the air is really comparable, it seems much more portable.

They aren't very comparable. The MV delivers big tasty hits that are stronger than other vapes, and it is not discreet at all. The Air is my favorite for being discreet and around town. It's small enough to look like a jacked up ecig and it gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom