Resin on Teeth, Protective or not?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I find @MegaMan2k question is legitimate... there are also toothpastes with herbal ingredients maybe it is beneficel... and on the other hand who knows how good consuming rosin in any form may have negative effects... I brush my teeths two times a day (that is what is mostly recommended (max 3 times more is bad for your teeths as far as I know)) who knows how fast it reacts maybe say in 1 hour... then you would have to brush your teeths every hour? I think as smoking is bad for your teeths and gums also vaping could be bad for example high temperatures involved and so on ...
Brushing twice a day is a minimum. After each meal, and after sticky snacks like candy is ideal. Using a soft bristle brush is ideal to not damage teeth. Ingredients are often added to toothpaste for flavoring, or to freshen breath, improve flavor or just to get a consumer to try it. My current toothpaste has fennel for flavor, some have bubblegum flavor for children. The flavoring helps encourage people to brush longer. Many have mint flavor for "minty fresh breath", and people seem to like the mint. Many popular toothpaste have sugar in them. Doesn't mean it's good for teeth, just that it's for flavor.
Cannabis users historically have poorer oral hygiene than non users, according to numerous studies ( google cannabis and oral health). Cannabis can lead to dry mouth, reducing saliva production, and cannabis users tend to not brush as much as non users,. The recommendation is to drink a glass of water when consuming to combat dry mouth, brush at least twice a day with a soft bristle toothbrush, and schedule regular dental appointments for cleanings. Good news for us, vaping is recommened over smoking, and we avoid the damage from smoke to tongue and gums.
No one said, and I never said, it wasn't a legitimate question, and I have done my best to answer. If the OP wishes to argue that it's beneficial and there is a case to be made, then there are active members involved with this thread discussing this topic with him. OP and his question are not being ignored.
"Maybe" and "who knows" aren't arguments that resin is beneficial. And yes, if I knew rosin was bad for my teeth, I would brush every hour if indicated. I can't imagine that many do dabs hour after hour making this a burden and necessitating hourly brushing round the clock. I certainly don't, but I don't have the supply OP does. If I did, who knows? Some people do make oral hygiene a priority and brush as needed as well as after meals.
Why brushing would be perceived as not good for you, but leaving resin on teeth for up to 24 hours good, I can't imagine. I'm wanting scientific reasons. Why is rosin beneficial to tooth enamel? What properties does it confer that leads to poor dental health? Do these benefits outweigh good oral hygiene? Also, when vapor enters your mouth, it is not the temperature you vape at. It would burn if it were 400*, for example.
I love cannabis. I truly do. That doesn't mean it's beneficial for teeth, or even a recommened treatment for every thing in or on my body. I have split ends, but I'm not putting rosin on my hair, for example. Resin/ rosin is great for dabs and vaping. I love rosin. My extreme affection for it doesn't mean it's good for teeth.
I haven't heard anything yet to even suggest otherwise.

Baron23

For a time I was ingesting RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) by rubbing a tiny rice sized bit on my gums before bed.

How the hell were you able to manage that, Ms Squiby?

I ask because they are now selling RSO in MD med program in a 1 gram syringe.

It was suggested to me to do as you described but when I tried I got it all over my finger and teeth and really couldn't see how to get a pinch between cheek and gum (for all you chewers out there! haha). My objective was to NOT use it as an edible and I wanted to try to use it transdermally and as an alternative to ethyl alcohol based tincures under the tongue.

Stuff is sticky as can be.

To me, what we get here is probably best to use in edibles as its strong, measured, and decarb'd.

Squiby

It was not tasty at all but the trick seemed to be that I kept my RSO syringe in the freezer. To medicate, I would remove it from the freezer and let it thaw slightly for just a few minutes out on the counter. This would be enough to allow me to plunge out a rice sized glob on my finger. Then before it warmed up any further I would quickly tuck the glob up under my lip between my gums.

If you don't freeze it you just end up with a gooey sticky mess.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

I ask because they are now selling RSO in MD med program in a 1 gram syringe.

It was suggested to me to do as you described but when I tried I got it all over my finger and teeth and really couldn't see how to get a pinch between cheek and gum (for all you chewers out there! haha). My objective was to NOT use it as an edible and I wanted to try to use it transdermally and as an alternative to ethyl alcohol based tincures under the tongue.

Stuff is sticky as can be.

To me, what we get here is probably best to use in edibles as its strong, measured, and decarb'd.
I use various tinctures under the tongue. Mucous membranes are great for absorption. Teeth, not so much. I highly recommend mucosal absorption. Doesn't mean it's beneficial for the teeth themselves, and I'd still brush, but teeth, gums, inside of checks, are great routes.

btka

Brushing twice a day is a minimum. After each meal, and after sticky snacks like candy is ideal. Using a soft bristle brush is ideal to not damage teeth.

I use sensodyne toothpaste and even on the tooth paste it says brush 2 times per day maximum 3 times...
In my opinion they would not recommend this without purpose at the end they are making money when you use their toothpaste often...

I also read it often... I think if you brush to often you are damaging enamel...

and this is my theory tooth do not need toothpaste... mother nature did not plan living beeings to brush teeth but we are also supposed to eat other food then we are eating nower days... too much sugar and too much carbohydrates (it is cheap, you can produce on industrial scale, and it feeds the people)...
I do not know any animal which is cleaning brushing his tooths...
There are making people good money with tooth paste and brushes...

non the less I am brushing my tooth twice per day... but who knows if it is really benefical... maybe good marketing and socialization... as I stated do not think mother planned people to brush teeths...

same as showering everyday with shampoo it is known not to be beneficial (I do it)...

btka,
Reactions: arb

Baron23

I use various tinctures under the tongue. Mucous membranes are great for absorption. Teeth, not so much. I highly recommend mucosal absorption. Doesn't mean it's beneficial for the teeth themselves, and I'd still brush, but teeth, gums, inside of checks, are great routes.
Yeah, but here's the thing with alcohol tinctures.....its the alcohol. Now, I drink scotch whiskey and if you can drink and like that cough syrup (and I DO!!) then you can drink almost anything! haha

But, the alcohol burns a good bit and it ain't really all that good for the nerves in your mouth.

Now, if you are talking oil infusion...yes, much kinder but I haven't found it to be as effective.

Is yours alcohol or oil?

mother nature did not plan living beeings to brush teeth

I believe that the historical record shows that mother nature didn't intend for us to live much past 30-35 so wearing out parts and maintenance wasn't much of an issue! haha

Last edited:

btka

tooth paste and vaxines are a scam perpetuated by the man to take your $$$$:mental:

the goal of most companies nowadays is to maximize profits... and why should they recommend you to only maximum use their toothpaste 3 times... If you would use it more often they would sell you more toothpastes... I did not state it is scam and I did not say anything about vaxines... but I am happy if you had a good lough... loughing is healthy...

my point was not to believe everything you heard and to be sceptical... as I stated I brush my tooths and I also do vaxines... but stay open minded... I find it very important nowadays... I am not here to compare my dick size with others...

I thought this forum would more open minded but ok you like to make jokes about others trying to contribute to this topic...

I do not want to disturb this thread with off topic anymore...

wish all of you a good day...

btka,

btka

[QUOTE="Baron23, post: 1375933,

I believe that the historical record shows that mother nature didn't intend for us to live much past 30-35 so wearing out parts and maintenance wasn't much of an issue! haha[/QUOTE]

that is an argument...
but as far as I understood calculation of life expectancy involve child mortality and in stoneage child mortality was large... which has an impact on life expectancy ...

it is not that simple I think there is also evolution of genes, diet and change of bacteria in mouth and so on...(nowadays we have a lot less deverse mouth bacteria which also has to do with our diet... and maybe is important for our tooth health (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130217134140.htm)

"Feeling Guilty About Not Flossing? Maybe There’s No Need" (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/health/flossing-teeth-cavities.html)

Last edited:
btka,

hafalump

[QUOTE="Baron23, post: 1375933,

I believe that the historical record shows that mother nature didn't intend for us to live much past 30-35 so wearing out parts and maintenance wasn't much of an issue! haha

that is an argument...
but as far as I understood calculation of life expectancy involve child mortality and in stoneage child mortality was large... which has an impact on life expectancy ...

it is not that simple I think there is also evolution of genes, diet and change of bacteria in mouth and so on...(nowadays we have a lot less deverse mouth bacteria which also has to do with our diet... and maybe is important for our tooth health (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130217134140.htm)

"Feeling Guilty About Not Flossing? Maybe There’s No Need" (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/health/flossing-teeth-cavities.html)[/QUOTE]
Ok I admit I won’t even click on something so stupid as the above. Yeah, your teeth will fall out, cavities or not, FLOSS!! and no I own no stock in the floss industry.

Ever hear of gingivitis? Holy crap! Enjoy your false teeth

hafalump,

btka

that is an argument...

"Feeling Guilty About Not Flossing? Maybe There’s No Need" (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/health/flossing-teeth-cavities.html)
Ok I admit I won’t even click on something so stupid as the above. Yeah, your teeth will fall out, cavities or not, FLOSS!! and no I own no stock in the floss industry.

Ever hear of gingivitis? Holy crap! Enjoy your false teeth[/QUOTE]

if you would have read the article they also state your argument of gingivitis in it...
I care for my teeths and I do not recommend someone not to do so...

but do not take everything as granted that is my point

btka,

Baron23

Somebody has a real challenge getting quotes and tags right in this thread!!! hahaha

Baron23,
Top Bottom