Resin Content Vs. Potency

OO

Technical Skeptical
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_writings4.shtml

would anybody care to go more in-depth in their observations?

i know a few people, who really enjoy the strains with tons of resin, and i nearly always find myself disagreeing with them on potency.

i also realize that most marijuana value is derived from bag appeal (beauty, visible resin content), and the odor.

i often note how they prefer the less potent but more beautiful strains.

OO,

2Supra4U

the only true test for anything is to try it.

i've had weed that looks frosted but didn't get me too ripped

and i've had weed that didn't look like it had any crystals and got fucking totally ripped.

it really all comes down to the strain, its history etc.

bag appeal, smell etc is always nice.....but who here hates paying top dollar for some good looking smelling weed that once you smoke it or whatever....its got a short high or isnt that strong. I hate that, even more if money is tight.

i never get over excited over good looking stuff....ive come to know better over the years.

now that i saw the link it says exactly what i did lol

2Supra4U,

momatik

Interesting.

There must be some connection resin production and potency though, right?

Isn't increased resin production the reason why naturally growing cannabis plants in the Rif mountains of Morocco and the Kush mountains of India are noted for their potency?

As I understand it, the theory is that the cannabis there has evolved to produce more resin in response to the increased proximity to the sun.

momatik,

djonkoman

I think(but that's just a guess) that indica's have more resin, while the less amunt of resin of sativa's is relatively more potent
I think this because indica's are traditionally grown for hash(in wich case you'll select plants with more resin since that gives more hash), while sativa's are tradionally grown for weed, inwich case resincontent doesn't matter at all only the potency of the product
since in both instances the best plants will be selected, this will give high-resin indica's and sativa's with more variation in resinamount, but generally less as indica
the exception is nepal, where sativa's grow wich are used for hash

if this is true the most potent plant would be a phenotype from a sativa-indica cross wich gets the resincontent from the indica but the more potent resin from the sativa(only personally I enjoy the sativahigh more so in my , still beginning, breederwork I'll just keep to sativa's)

djonkoman,

Beezleb

resin content only means potential for high potency not a fact regarding potency.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom