Replacing a VaporGenie... So Many Options.

Katnip

Hello, I'm new and inexperienced enough to royally fuck up if I try to make this decision myself. First of all thanks for taking the time to read this NOVEL of a thread. So here's my problem.

The rock in my VaporGenie broke and I can't figure out how to replace just that. I don't need the top I don't need the bottom, I don't even need screens I could sell screens. Plus it isn't really stealthy, either. Right now it's hiding in a makeup bag under my bed away from prying mama eyes and other sundry factors. Taking it out in public wouldn't be smart even if I were to be able to fix it. It screams "DRUGS!" to me, visually. I've never combusted with it though. I actually got this vape secondhand from someone I used to know, which was fine by me since it went through a massively thorough cleaning after I got it.

I am looking for a vape that does dry herb which is affordable for the budget usually assigned to a college kid or starving artist, which is glass or ceramic or stainless all through the vapor path, unless the not hot bits are wood, I can deal with wood. Wood won't generally give you cancer or other malfunctions of biology. I'm considering prototyping a vape out of a nice nontoxic ceramic that I'll glaze etc. But I am getting to that point where I've done everything and my herbs I use, they still help me deal with the stuff I have to deal with better than just the usual advice of get the right nutrients and move more.

I move all day, I think all day, I eat the healthiest of all of my family members. I actually need to stop and relax once in a while. I even meditate, when I'm not embedded in cynicism about how stupid people are that they have to act like they've never interacted with human beings before and think that it's perfectly ok to be rude just because I have to essentially be a servant for five minutes to them. Not even five minutes, usually. But that's the thing, I just need to get pulled out of my own head and this... this works. But I need it cheap because there's other shit I'm trying to do (GTFO of mom's house, example.) and I can't be dropping 300 I shouldn't drop even 100 on a vape but I don't want to breathe cancer from China either. I don't mind a vape being electronic or fire powered, but I would like a decent control on temperature with either one.

At first I was looking at the Flowermate, of course V5.0S, places you can get it well under 100, not a ton under, but enough that my budget would wiggle for it. My only concern for that one is, I've read it's made in China, where safety standards aren't all that great. I also think the original glass VapCap is hella cool and supremely stealth and for its bang for its buck I'd be a complete and utter fool not to at least consider it, which I'm doing. Heavily. But those are only likely very very small tips of the iceberg. I'm not interested in oils, juices, or concentrates. I do not expect to be interested in the future. I do adore the taste of fresh herbs, especially lavender in particular. I would do some things for it, much like a Klondike bar. So, it's not crucial but I don't wanna ruin anything by vaping fresh. Like if it were an all metal vape, or even partially metal especially enclosed in a box or pen, I feel like the water content may make it rust, which would be a concern. Obviously if it's not recommended then I will not vape fresh if y'all more experienced people cannot find a fresh vapeable device.

All in all, safety and affordability are my most important factors. For something you could deem "decent" I don't wanna go above something like 60 dollars, with some wiggle room. If it checks off all of the boxes and just is superior all around with ludicrous safety etc, I'll consider 100 even though I shouldn't. Cutoff point is 100 no matter how good a vape I'm looking at.

A side note, and if I have to I'll wait until I get a relative sense of privacy back in this subject; Mom helps me budget... so that means she sees my statements. If you recommend a vape to me I'll always appreciate it but in my current situation I'd be committing freedom suicide if I buy a vape online and mother dearest recognizes the word. Despite my various attempts to subtly suggest that not everything that looks like drugs, is drugs, she will likely forever panic and think the worst of the situation if I or any of my siblings look like we're "about to destroy ourselves". Top that off with the fact that she's an action mama, she's not a sit and worry mama. I absolutely respect (and a little bit fear) that side of her as who she is. I just don't wanna catch the bad end of it, but as I've stated above Idk how much safety valving of the stress in my life I can do if I'm stuck in a funk. So, I only have one real option. Find an LHS and put some actual cash on their counter. And then "lose" the receipt. Without HER giving me the ride required since one of my issues is vision meaning I cannot drive for shit. Not asking for a ride but I do need to be able to find something at any of the local vapeshops around, cuz there are a-plenty, but generally cater to "quitting smoking" which I luckily have never had to do. Must be an experience and good luck to all y'all.

I also wanna thank you again because this is definitely the writer and not the points speaker talking with as much detail and fluff as I tend to use. Sorry it's long but this really would help me slog through life crap without blowing gaskets or turning into an emotional prune. Like totally, thanks guys, and I really mean it.

Katnip,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Honestly, it sounds like you should invest in a Vapcap.

Although do not buy the glass Vapcap - it has several design flaws. All newer versions of the Vapcap are based on the culmination of feedback from many professionals in this community. We've given a ton of input which went into making a better version of the vaporizer.

If you're on a tight budget, I would say you should go with the Vapcap-M - it's what we all wanted the "cheap" vapcap to be - metal (no glass to break!), FAST heatup, and awesome performance.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Honestly, it sounds like you should invest in a Vapcap.

Although do not buy the glass Vapcap - it has several design flaws. All newer versions of the Vapcap are based on the culmination of feedback from many professionals in this community. We've given a ton of input which went into making a better version of the vaporizer.

If you're on a tight budget, I would say you should go with the Vapcap-M - it's what we all wanted the "cheap" vapcap to be - metal (no glass to break!), FAST heatup, and awesome performance.
Correct, and if ordered through puffitup, they statements will read "six5" and mom could be told it was when the poster bought school supplies or something.

Squiby

I agree. The Dynavap Vapcap line of vaporizer are really great vapes. All the models perform admirably and if you purchase the entry level Vapcap M for $50, you will be getting a quality high performance, efficient vaporizer for a fraction of what you would pay for others. The M has an all stainless steel build and is robust enough to last a lifetime. There are no hard to source parts that need replacing. The orings may eventually break or stretch but they only cost a few dollars. If you have lots of screens they could be fashioned to fit the M if you ever need a new screen.

The Vapcap is tiny, the size of a cigarette, easy to pocket or hide away. You can use a variety of heat sources to heat it such as a candle or a bic lighter or the preferred jet lighter or even a stove element. The Vapcap is different than the VG in that you heat the tip, then toke rather that heat as you toke. It's a nice ritual and very easy to use.

The vapcap is also extremely efficient and you will find that you will definitely save money on herb.

Good luck!

Katnip

Wow guys, I didn't expect a response so fast. I'm also surprised I didn't butcher my typing all over the place in my novel up there at like 2 AM.... and I'm even more surprised that I fell asleep after 4 sometime and woke up at pretty much 8:30.

Surprises aside, I was definitely considering the VapCap heavily but I didn't know what info was correct and I didn't know if there was something "better" than it. It does still click, right? <--probably a stupid question. I am glad that I was made aware of the heat, then draw approach that seems so much simpler than the VG's approach. The fact that my depth perception sucks as in is nonexistent, I was always worried about sucking the flame onto the wood and then dealing with the bloodhound mother barging in because a molecule of smoke went up her nose. She's really a good mother.... too good. I have a vertigo jet/torch lighter. It only has one flame, but if I put the vapcap so I'm not looking down its length, aiming the heat where it needs to go won't be a problem, even for my fucked up vision.

How is the learning curve? Are there threads I really should read that will answer questions related to the use and maintenance of the VapCap? Should I initially clean it before its first use? blah blah blah blah noob questions. I know. I definitely gotta be careful though. One more, can it be used with fresh? And thank you!

So in my bank statement, it won't say anything about "drugs"? At all? Talking about the puffitup site. And they carry the M which is recommended? If so, y'all fine people may have saved my sanity. I'm a little more excited than I should be right now. I won't have to sit on my ass next to anybody of questionable character for two n a half hours (busses take forever to get twenty minutes away by car) each way to slap some cash on the counter for a disappointment if the billing is stealth. Because after initial research I've looked at retailers and a loooot of them mention vapes in their billing. If it's really that vague from puffitup I can always use my usual "crafting supplies" excuse. I'm an obsessive crafter at times. Even once considered making a pipe out of a branch from our lilac bush... nontoxic but hella hard to work. Hard to work=durable though. The pipe was likely going to be a costume piece or to sell because I have known about how combustion fucks you over well before I even got the genie.

On the saving herb bit, I really like that idea. My importance on that is a bit less than cannabis users though, because I am generally a legals only user. Not because I'm against cannabis-I both believe that it's none of my beeswax and I also love that one plant gives life to so many people, and that it's even useful outside of the medicinal aspects of it. Shit, if you weren't interested in partaking in resin, you could use it as a crude glue if you needed something nontoxic. But my reason is that.... I've tried GOOD SHIT that was all sorts o' colors and smells with people twice, and neither time did it do anything to me whatsoever. We were all vaping and I had gotten the hang of my genie then. But it did nothing. So, unless I want to get something that's not already in my special awesomeness medicinal herb garden, my shit's free. The amount of cannabis I'd have to eat to get an effect would be stupid expensive and since it's Maryland, stupid risky too. Legally. Plus as stated above my mom's part bloodhound too. Deaf as a rockstar, but definitely part bloodhound. She'd smell them, and I wouldn't be surprised if she could smell them even in a vacuum jar. Can you tell I love my mom? lol.

If puffitup M vapcap purchase is the way for me to go, I'm going to jump on that fucker as soon as I can convince myself I've "saved" enough money to counter the purchase. Yes I'm weird, deal. lol. But guys, thanks again for helping me sift through all of this sludge to get to the nugget of gold. Or.... nugget of whatever. Ain't judgin.

Squiby

It does still click, right? <--probably a stupid question. I am glad that I was made aware of the heat, then draw approach that seems so much simpler than the VG's approach. The fact that my depth perception sucks as in is nonexistent, I was always worried about sucking the flame onto the wood and then dealing with the bloodhound mother barging in because a molecule of smoke went up her nose. She's really a good mother.... too good. I have a vertigo jet/torch lighter. It only has one flame, but if I put the vapcap so I'm not looking down its length, aiming the heat where it needs to go won't be a problem, even for my fucked up vision.
Once you load your herb chamber, you cover it with a cap. There are two metal discs sealed inside the top of the cap. When you apply heat to the cap the discs will buckle and make a clicking noise to indicate you have reached toking temps. At this point stop heating the Vapcap, bring it to your lips and puff away. You do not heat the Vapcap with it in your mouth. You hold it in one hand and twirl it over the lighter or candle or whatever to heat it.

How is the learning curve? Are there threads I really should read that will answer questions related to the use and maintenance of the VapCap? Should I initially clean it before its first use?
Yes. There is the Dynavap thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-427#post-1078667

And a Best of Vapcap thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

The Dynavap site has several videos that are helpful and a Faqs section.

https://www.dynavap.com/videos

https://www.dynavap.com/faq

I have a few links below in my signature that give tips on Vapcap operation.

You should clean any vape before initial use. Just swab out the condenser and herb chamber with a Q-Tip with ISO and let dry thoroughly before using.

Prolusio

So in my bank statement, it won't say anything about "drugs"? At all? Talking about the puffitup site.

Nope! It will just appear on your statement as Six5, and will be shipped under the same name. The package will have to say something about the contents but mine have all been labelled discreetly; "aromatherapy" "personal heater" "cosmetics" etc. Something that fits into a customs category without mentioning anything illegal or nefarious.

Top Bottom