Replacement for Etsy for Glass?

hunterthompson

So when reviewing old threads it seems to be that Etsy.com used to be the place to buy glass pieces from blowers. Etsy went ahead and decided to not let glass be sold on their site anymore so I was wondering if there was any reputable replacement for this site.

I've looked at sites like ioffer and artfire but a lot seems kinda shady (obviously fake RooRs, listing a $5 piece and then $40 shippinc, ect)

Any input would be appreciated!

hunterthompson,

hunterthompson

wow I feel dumb now :lol:
For a while though, I kept searching for some of the common glass blowers on there (SSFG, clear_dome) and their stores were empty

hunterthompson,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It appears that they are only selling pipes (I did find one custom bong). Maybe bongs, bubblers, slides and such are still being frowned upon?

Stu,

hunterthompson

That's the impression I got from scrolling through and searching for any water pieces.
So any sites like Etsy for selling water pieces?

hunterthompson,

stroh

errl enthusiast
boromarket, artfire, thats all i can think of off the top of my head

stroh,

ssfgglass

Glass Blower
If anyone is wondering, Etsy removed all pipes with carbs, tubes, anything that takes slides. They emailed us an 'artist integrity statement' with new rules about which pipes they consider acceptable. Have heard a lot of good things about Boro Market.

ssfgglass,

SD_haze

ssfgglass said:
If anyone is wondering, Etsy removed all pipes with carbs, tubes, anything that takes slides. They emailed us an 'artist integrity statement' with new rules about which pipes they consider acceptable. Have heard a lot of good things about Boro Market.

Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification soul shine :-)

I've browsed your store many'a'time on etsy, welcome!

SD_haze,

hereatlast

SSFGGlass, nice to see you here. Boromarket is a great resource for high-end glass for customers and artists alike. At this point, IIRC, there is a "buy-in" that's worth mentioning.

I hope Etsy hasn't crippled your business! IMO, Facebook and/or a dedicated page for your work would be a viable alternative (if you haven't already gone about this). I don't think you'll be seeing the same Etsy crowd over on BM anytime soon....

hereatlast,

Puget

mollusk
hereatlast said:
. . . Boromarket is a great resource for high-end glass for customers and artists alike. At this point, IIRC, there is a "buy-in" that's worth mentioning.
. . .
The buy-in is $50 unless someone "sponsors" you, then it's $10.

http://www.boromarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14305
Edit: that link doesn't work unless you've registered with the site.

Summary: The $50 is not a deposit, it is a lifetime subscription to the site. You are only able to buy, not sell, until . . . [Puget stops reading]

Puget,
Top Bottom