Removal of pesticides

adamster

I am in a state with limited medical only. I am very concerned regarding pesticides. Where I get my cannabis from I don't really know the grower.
I heard a podcast where the fellow said you can remove pesticides by 'blanching' the weed first.
Do you have any thoughts on the best ways to remove pesticides. I am reading conflicting ideas.
Some say it cannot be removed. Others suggest using as well baking soda. I just did a blanch of about 3 minutes going on high boiling water and I added some baking soda. I then rinsed it in a strainer for another minute.

Please comment how you are doing this or similar ideas to remove pesticides till I can get a medical card my state is going to expand the program and I have a good chance to get a card within one year.

Altho the price will be much higher but I would pay. I would want to do this in any case. I do think some of the quality of the Cannabis will be lost in the boiling but I would be willing to pay this price.
For drying I don't have a real good way. I am 'in the closet' so I put the Cannbis in some napkins and left outside in a dark area.
The aroma of the current I have is extremely powerful even now 6 weeks since I got it. Also the previous times I just washed it not blanched I vapo's when still a bit wet. It seemed ok. Is that the correct approach?

Last edited:
adamster,

chris 71

Not sure if you could get the pesticides out , maybe a water cure could help but the resin heads are sticky so anything that ws sprayed during flower would probably be stuck and inbedded in the resin .

chris 71,
Reactions: adamster

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Some of the distillate operators I follow on instagram clam pesticide removal is possible with distillation and certain advanced chromatography techniques, though I don't know enough about it to really say. I don't see how you would remove pesticides from dried flower material.

mc

I guess that would depend if the pesticides were only on the vegetal material and not the trichomes themselves.

but even if it was on the outside of the lipid structure of the trichome maybe the water could wash it off? It's no different than washing off the plant material or say bug pee from pests.

Top Bottom