Remember when you got your first vape ?

sLug215

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Just leaving work now, time to go home and enjoy it.

sLug215,

jimbo

winterize
My first vape was an Iolite, didn't mind it but it wasn't for me, so I bought a SSV and now I'm hooked, now I can't stop buying vaporizers, glass etc...

jimbo,

SmoothVape

Hello guys (and girls of course :cool:), I'm glad I've found this forum of like minded vape inhalers. :)

I got started smoking weed about 15 years ago. Regular joints (not pure). Then about 4 years ago I read some very positive stories about vaporizing on some website. The concept sounded great in theory so I decided to try it. Having stopped smoking a few years earlier I really didn't like the act of smoking anymore but endured it in order to get high a few times a month.

My first Vaporizer was a Noble VP600 knock off (and I believe the Noble VP600 is already sort of a knock off it self). The first time I tried it was a very strange experience. I didn't feel it in my throat and kept inhaling until I got so high I laid down on the living room floor and stared at the furniture for what felt like hours. Looking at the living room from this new perspective (literally) was quite the experience. Luckily my wife wasn't home because she would have freaked out! :D

One day the glas container fell out my hands just before I put in into the vaporizer. Of course I had no spare one. Not a good day...

To ensure that never happens again I bought a few extra glasses for the knockoff Noble and a light bulb like contraption that needs to be heated with a lighter. In case all else fails.

Brought my vaporizer to a small LAN party we have a few times a year (all 30 something guys, same group for over 8 years now) and it was the hit of the party I can tell you. Friend of mine surprised us all by bringing the Volcano DIGIT to the LAN party we had last week. That thing is just amazing. It only blows hot air against the weed when you want to (the noble blows all the time) and the bag is just very handy to use. It seems very efficient if you ask me. Just bought one myself on ebay for 389. I really don't think there is anything else out there that can match the efficiency and precision of the Volcano.

Anyway I get MUCH higher using a vaporizer than when smoking a joint that's for sure. Ok, enough rambling for one day. :)

SmoothVape,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum SmoothVape. Sounds like you got the Rolls Royce of vaporizers! :) I'm sure you will get much enjoyment out of it.

This thread is sort of funny.....like the beginning of an AA meeting,

Hello, my name is momofthegoons and I.....am a vaporist. It's been 4 months since I last combusted.....

momofthegoons,

lwien

SmoothVape said:
I really don't think there is anything else out there that can match the efficiency and precision of the Volcano.
First off, welcome, SV. Nice to have ya on board.

But I do need to comment on your statement above, not necessarily for you, but to other new people to the vape world that may be reading this thread.

Your assumption, as stated above is false, in that there are other vapes on the market that not only match the Volcano in efficiency, but beats it all to hell in that regard. The Volcano is a great vape and it does certain things really well, but efficiency is not it's strong suit.

lwien,

SmoothVape

Hi Iwien, I would be very interested in any links to posts where I can read up on that. Since I am building a collection of vaporizers it won't hurt to add more units in the future. ;)

SmoothVape,

lwien

Check out the threads on the Purple Days, the Purple Days Pandora, the MyrtleZap and the HerbalAir.

lwien,

snatcher420

My first vape was one of the soldiering ones with a metal bowl...Hit it once coughed my brains out,never touched it again...Next was one of those Obies that you heat with a bic lighter,was ok could get the real taste of the sweetleaf but was to much work....Next i made a light bulb vape was pretty good but again to much work to hit it...About 3 and half yrs ago go a Vapormatic Deluxe by Vapir,could use bag or could use a whip.Worked very well for 3 and half yrs. Only complaint it was to loud with the fan on high and would combust herb sometimes. Got a Noble vapor 2 yrs ago for just hitting the whip,gave it to a girlfriend just starting out vaping...About 6 months ago got a pocket vape for camping and short trips. Works pretty well but uses alot of lighter fluid. First of this month got a Azier Extreme Q vape..Best Vape I've every tired...Heats up quick 1/3 bowl gets me 3 bags of vape,using the elbow load i get 2 bags. No vape loss or combustion even if i do try and squeeze one more bag out at 220 - 230 c.(I start out at 170c bump to 190c for second bag and last one on 200-210c) Fan is very quiet even on high. I would tell anyone looking for a sweet vape the Exteme Q is the one to get...You will not be disappointed.

snatcher420,

Willeh

My first vape I ever got was a year and a half ago, it was some cheap Chinese box vape that a friend of mine 'didnt want'. I honestly doubted its safety, and I'd never heard of vaping or knew anything about the temperatures that the compounds vape at and honestly I dont think this guy did either! We started it off at what this box claimed was 150c and I just remembered my first draw, blowing it out thinking wow, this tastes so pure. so we crank it to 220c and on my first hit, our whole .5g bowl combusted and I got the harshest smoke hit of my life ;). After some experimentation it made a pretty solid vapor through convection. I had never heard of a vaporizer before this, and I liked it, but ended up giving it away due to safety concerns :peace:

A few months later I tried a friends Volcano. This was when I decided I needed a quality vaporizer, but I couldn't afford a volcano, so I looked around for alternatives. I went out and bought a Vapor Genie, and I love it. Best 70$ (local headshop) I've ever spent. It's been my daily drive for the passed while ever since my extreme's glass heater cover broke (well, I broke it) for the 4th time. I spent 50% more than the online price of a vapor genie just in glass heater covers on that fucker! (25$ a heater cover replacement). I don't plan on replacing it again, however when I had the extreme working I loved it for its percision in temperature control and how little you could pack in the elbow and still get very rich hits.

Now I'm getting tired of having to focus so much on toking with my Vapor Genie. I'll admit the "lighting it like a pipe" factor can be a plus and fun, but it gets tiresome, and I have to refill my lighter every day. (lame even if butane cans last forever)
I'm building a Purple Days. I figure I don't do good with any kind of glass or breakable vaporizer, so I'll get one I can run over with a truck. And 30-40 bowls per gram sounds pretty nice too. I'm thinking of even going out and getting an acrylic/plastic waterfilter for it :D
(No body say nothin about glass to me, I already have enough half-pieces decorating my cabinet!)

Willeh,

new buddy

Really new here, it's my second post.

I've never vaped anything before except for a lightbulb vape that didn't get me high even though I did see some vapors coming off the buds I was vaping.

Anwyay, yesterday I got my first vape and thought I should post in here. I got me a MFLB, which seemed like a good introductory vape. So many people love it and it's only 100 bucks and if it even saves me half the money I spend on weed now, it's worth it. So now I got an e-mail today saying it was shipped out today and will be at my doorstep on thursday, at the latest.

I'm am overwhelmed with impatience and anticipation. I want it to be in my hands and the vape in my mouth right this second.

This one will probably last me for a while, especially if they're really as good as everyone says (I have no doubt in my mind that they are). I want to buy a Purple Days if all goes well and I like the vaping, which I probably will since I love anything "different". Purple days looks like a crazy-efficient vaporizer and it's only around $50-$60 more than the MFLB. Getting high off 0.025 grams just blows my mind.

new buddy,

blakeshotgun

June 14th, when my MFLB arrived. It was amazing then and still is now. I have one friend who's a hardcore smoker and says it does nothing for her but everyone else I pull it out with falls in love immediately. As an Oregonian I really want to get a PD next, but I'm an unemployed musician and money isn't easy to come by... sad =(

edit: WOW missed that there was a second page - and I haven't even used the mflb today :lol:
@new buddy: You'll definitely love your mflb, make sure you get a grinder that grinds it pretty fine. The finer the better really as far as I can tell. While I only bought my first herb in May, the amount I went through smoking daily that month versus the amount I go through vaping monthly is ridiculous. You can get several people blazed off of less than a gram.

blakeshotgun,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I got my extreme an april 20th of 2009

The day after I got it I was at school and the vape was at the homie's house. Fiending to play with my new toy, I ditched 4th period and went over to my friends house to vape a lape dape. Two friends and I vaped through a large blunts worth (how we thought those days) of some kill. Of course the classic first time vaping high came on and before I knew I was high I was giggling like I hadn't giggled for years. A couple hours later I was sitting in class when my teacher looked over and said "Sam you knooow yesterday was the 20th (4/20) not today" I just looked over and said ahhh Ms. _____ why you gotta be like that? and went about my business.

Anyways unlike many of you after owning two great vapes (extreme and a launchbox) for over a year now I probably combust slightly more than I vape. There's just nothing like a fat bong rip.

bluntfaced,

Tuck

I got my SSV last June after I got home from seeing Phish. My buddy that I went to the show with convinced me to check out the Vapor Genie. My local shop didn't have it but it did have the SSV. I bit the bullet after reading how good it was as far as Whip vapes go. And I like glass. And I was paranoid about ordering online.

Although, I'm thinking about doing that right now. I combusted for the first time in about 9 months this past 4th of July while I was seeing Phish again and my lungs hurt. I was really wishing for a portable stealthy vape. My local shop has the VG now but I've been reading about the Magic Flight Launch Box. That thing looks awesome. But I'm waffling about it. They wanded me, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it past security anyways. And I don't really get to shows like I used to anymore. I may just switch entirely to abv edibles for shows. I had some abv tincture and some brownies at the 4th. None of my friends wanted to try the tincture but they loved the brownies.

Tuck,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
damn rights i do...I was at the smoke shop with my buddy.... wanted a vape for a very long time but being a kid in school with no money it was hard... at the smoke shop they had the same vape they did at my LHS for basiically half price... i swooped iit up then n there... n been vapin ever since:)

cogz756,

SkollIstKrieg

Ha! I'm still pretty new when it comes to vaping. It was January I got my VaporGenie, so it's been about six months. I had been lurking this forum for about a month already and found myself at a local headshop and they had VG's for a good price, so I picked one up. Just after two bowls worth, I was set on vaporizing! Most of my friends have at least tried my VG and most of them agree that vapes are the future.:cool:

SkollIstKrieg,

vapirtoo

Yo! your yin and yang avatar is the shizznits! Quite hot! My first vapes are my current ones . Vapir one 5.0
and a launch box. It works for me . reeel good.

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I purchased my first vaporizer in June of 2005, and it was a Vapor Brothers (not hands free). I instantly fell in love with vaping, and how efficient it was with herb. A couple years later, I got a Vapor Warez Hands Free, and I loved that unit too. In fact, I still have it, it's just been packed away since February of this year. I have been using my Magic Flight Launch Box exclusively since that time, about 5 months now. I adore my LB, and I can't imagine ever being without it. :)

Vicki,
Top Bottom