Refrigerator Glass. Are you cool?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey beautiful ;)

Now I realise that not everybody enjoys their vapor chilled (in fact I know many prefer the exact opposite), but personally I have always really liked the cool menthol style freshness, and invigorating feeling I get from my bubblers when I use chilled water in them.

So a while ago, I took to keeping a clean, water filled piece in the fridge, which means that I can always grab a Jack Frost style hit whenever I fancy it.

I find this works great, & I love the way my glass condensates and goes all frosty when I take it out to use it. Like a chilled beer glass at a bar.

And I still think that it's lovely to find a clean, fresh bubbler in the refrigerator first thing of a morning, or after work. Ahhh such a luxurious life!

Of course, it soon warms up - but those first few draws always make me feel extra special! :party:

Is anyone else doing this? Anyone got a particular bubbler or bong that perfectly fits their fridge door?

VWmKV.gif

Brrrrrrr!

Keep it chilled y'all!
:peace:

Last edited:

YungLeaner

Hey beautiful ;)

Now I realise that not everybody enjoys their vapor chilled (in fact I know many prefer the exact opposite), but personally I have always really liked the cool menthol style freshness, and invigorating feeling I get from my bubblers when I use chilled water in them.

So a while ago, I took to keeping a clean, water filled piece in the fridge, which means that I can always grab a Jack Frost style hit whenever I fancy it.

I find this works great, & I love the way my glass condensates and goes all frosty when I take it out to use it. Like a chilled beer glass at a bar.

And I still think that it's lovely to find a clean, fresh bubbler in the refrigerator first thing of a morning, or after work. Ahhh such a luxurious life!

Of course, it soon warms up - but those first few draws always make me feel extra special! :party:

Is anyone else doing this? Anyone got a particular bubbler or bong that perfectly fits their fridge door?

VWmKV.gif

Brrrrrrr!

Keep it chilled y'all!
I love this idea! Even though the general consensus around FC leans toward warm water, I really enjoy a cooled vapor hit every now and then. My bubbler's don't really work for ice, so I'm gonna have to try this soon.

Maybe I should try freezing the bubbler with water inside, and then melt the ice with vapor hits...sensual.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Make sure you don't forget it's in there, I can't remember who but I saw someone on here did and came back to ice and broken glass
That could have been me perhaps...I froze a supposedly glycerin filled glass attachment for my FW3 only to find out it was just colored water inside...came back a couple hours later to a broke glass piece.

I used to always put cold water and ice in my bongs. I always get the bongs with the ice pinches so the ice stays in the tube rather than the water. I stopped doing this after reading many concerns about consensation that your sucking up by using cold water or ice. It might feel great in the moment, however my throat has enough problems with all the scar tissue from a pretty invasive surgery so I am trying to look out for the future. I think there are some others that should and could elaborate on this more and what a great thread btw!

YungLeaner

That could have been me perhaps...I froze a supposedly glycerin filled glass attachment for my FW3 only to find out it was just colored water inside...came back a couple hours later to a broke glass piece.

I used to always put cold water and ice in my bongs. I always get the bongs with the ice pinches so the ice stays in the tube rather than the water. I stopped doing this after reading many concerns about consensation that your sucking up by using cold water or ice. It might feel great in the moment, however my throat has enough problems with all the scar tissue from a pretty invasive surgery so I am trying to look out for the future. I think there are some others that should and could elaborate on this more and what a great thread btw!

It is definitely true that warm water makes vapor easier on your throat. Ice cools the vapor, but AFAIK the condensation issue is more a matter of efficiency. Vapor is cooled and then condensed into physical particulate that will leave little splatters of that golden vapor goop on the glass.

However if the vapor makes it to your throat I don't see it condensing there, in your throat--because the junction in the airpath with ice is obviously when the vapor will reach minimum temperatures on its way to your throat/lungs. Once it makes it in your mouth the environment is once again warm!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I'd feel weird having a used piece in the fridge. There's already enough problems with cross-contamination of smells and tastes. But I do keep a bottle of filtered water in there. Warm water makes the vapor go down smoothly, but there's nothing like the arctic shock of chilly water.

ZC

I don't keep glass in the fridge. But I do like my vapor chilled sometimes. My stainless steel bong has an ice catch that I fill. This cools down the whole piece really quickly. and produces some nice chilled vapor.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I don't keep glass in the fridge. But I do like my vapor chilled sometimes. My stainless steel bong has an ice catch that I fill. This cools down the whole piece really quickly. and produces some nice chilled vapor.

Ah...stainless....nice! Bet it get some nice condensation on it too! Where does one find a nice stainless piece?

syrupy,
Reactions: VegNVape

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I'd feel weird having a used piece in the fridge. There's already enough problems with cross-contamination of smells and tastes.
I only keep clean glass in my clean fridge - or at a push, it might go back in after one hit if I'm in a particular hurry. But usually, once it leaves the fridge, it stays out for the day. And then the clean-up is an end of the night affair - a steaming hot water rinse, refill with filtered water & back in the fridge she goes ready for those first few chill-filled vapor hits the following day :)
I stopped doing this after reading many concerns about consensation that your sucking up by using cold water or ice.
:shrug: I've never heard of this before. But I would certainly be interested to hear more if anyone has any knowledge. Although I can't really see there being an issue . . . .
Maybe I should try freezing the bubbler with water inside
I'd be very hesitant to try this! Glass & frozen water are not the best of companions. No, that's definitely NOT the kind of shatter we like to see around here! ;)

Chill, Winston.
rory-breaker1.jpg

Don't freeze!
:myday:

One other thing to add to this is how impressed guests appear to be when I whip a fresh bubbler out of the fridge! People seem to really love it.

One day I will have a full size dedicated 'bubbler-fridge', fully loaded with a selection of glass, all ready to get the party started at a moments notice.

Yes, I have a dream . . . . :razz:

Stay frosty fam!

MinnBobber

:shrug: I've never heard of this before. But I would certainly be interested to hear more if anyone has any knowledge. Although I can't really see there being an issue . . . .

Regarding condensation that you are sucking up, comment by nosmoking:

Clearly, a cold water bubbler condenses out more vapor than a room temp or hot water bubbler. The bigger the temp difference, the more vapor that condenses out into the water or onto the glass.

A hot water bubbler would condense out the least goodies BUT you have to weigh what experience you like/value the most.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: kellya86

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Regarding condensation that you are sucking up, comment by nosmoking:

Clearly, a cold water bubbler condenses out more vapor than a room temp or hot water bubbler. The bigger the temp difference, the more vapor that condenses out into the water or onto the glass.

A hot water bubbler would condense out the least goodies BUT you have to weigh what experience you like/value the most.
Thanks @MinnBobber, but I do already realise this. What I was referring to was @nosmoking's comment which I believe was not simply about the potential loss of actives incurred, but more worryingly regarding the possibility of health concerns when using chilled water or ice . . . .
It might feel great in the moment, however my throat has enough problems with all the scar tissue from a pretty invasive surgery so I am trying to look out for the future. I think there are some others that should and could elaborate on this more

Last edited:
VegNVape,
Reactions: kellya86

chainz

has anyone else ever considered using something like a glass reflux condenser with a pc watercooling setup?
HMC011411.jpg

iv wanted to build something that could sit next to my enail and it would circulate the liquid through the condenser and be cooled down

Top Bottom