Reefer Madness UK

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

2014 and the "Gate-Way" theory is still alive and kicking, I personally don't subscribe to the schizophrenia hysteria these days either.....if I didn't know better, I would say the establishment is grasping at straws to keep legalisation from spreading:hmm:, but then again, my intellectual ability surely is by-now seriously impaired:rolleyes:, so maybe I don't know better:lol:.....
good read, needed a good laugh, enjoy!

herbivore21

I would suggest avoiding British tabloid newspapers (even middle-market ones) for reporting of scientific findings.

For example, the research finding that you are twice as likely to have an accident if you are driving on cannabis applies to intermittent cannabis users, not daily cannabis users. Furthermore, driving at .05 blood alcohol makes you six times more likely to be in an accident than sober. Such a thing is legal in many Western countries.

If getting baked when you are not used to your weed and then driving makes you 1/3 as likely to get into an accident as your counterpart who gets behind the wheel after a standard drink or two; I'll take the stoned driver over the legally alcohol-influenced driver thanks!

There is much more to comment on here I'm sure. Still, scientific journals are the place to go for scientific knowledge, not newspapers. ;)

grokit

well-worn member
Yes that article was completely biased, pure fodder for the church ladies fighting state propositions in the states. In alaska, we are supposedly losing in the polls now even though we started out ahead. I watched a debate and it's because of lies like these -- and the utter inability of the local advocates to rebut their false claims -- mainly about what a "failure" it's been in co using these same kind of false metrics.

Top Bottom