• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reduce Tolerance Without A Break - "Low Break"

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I think I've found the perfect justification to end my t-break early...

from Grass City Forums 11-12-2010
1sttimegrow:
Hi everyone,

I know there's always a lot of talk going around about tolerance and taking t-breaks.. but I've also noticed a common occurrence. It seems that people take a t-break to get their high back, but pretty quickly their tolerance goes right back to what it was before, because they go back to their old smoking habits. Beyond that, a lot of people are daily smokers and it's tough to break that daily habit.

I just thought I'd share my experience with trying to reduce my own tolerance. I've been a daily, multiple times a day, smoker for probably about 14 years. I took a break once for 3 weeks and got suuuper baked the first time. But, like everyone else, it didn't take long before my tolerance was right back up to where it was before. So recently I read the article about "smoking less to get high more" and your receptors in the brain and I realized how true it is.. the times I've tried to smoke less, I felt like I was actually getting high on less. But I didn't realize there was a scientific reason for this. It now makes a whole lot of sense that ever since I started smoking in the morning, I wasn't getting high anymore.

I was going to quit for a week, but then gave in after 1 1/2 days.. and couldn't believe it when I got higher than I'd been in years! After just a day and a half! But even that was difficult because then I just obsessed about it all day.

So now, I've figured out how to reduce tolerance without quitting.. and then having your tolerance go right back up. Just gotta take out the morning smoke! I wasn't getting high in the morning anymore anyway, so it was an easy change. And now when I get home at night, and even still sometimes on lunch breaks, I'm feeling it again!

It's taken a month or so, but all without taking a t-break.. and since I'm still smoking every day, my tolerance should stay lower.. every day! I just can't believe what a difference it's making just waiting until after work to smoke.. My eyes even get a bit bloodshot again! Hurrah! All I wanna do is smoke every day and still get high..

now if i can just cut back, like i had been, hate the t-break yo-yo since it screws with my relationships (reactive, irritable, look like a tweaker)...I'm repeating myself, aren't I? fucking day 5...arghh!

VWFringe,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
VWFringe said:
I think I've found the perfect justification to end my t-break early...

from Grass City Forums 11-12-2010
1sttimegrow:
Hi everyone,

I know there's always a lot of talk going around about tolerance and taking t-breaks.. but I've also noticed a common occurrence. It seems that people take a t-break to get their high back, but pretty quickly their tolerance goes right back to what it was before, because they go back to their old smoking habits. Beyond that, a lot of people are daily smokers and it's tough to break that daily habit.

I just thought I'd share my experience with trying to reduce my own tolerance. I've been a daily, multiple times a day, smoker for probably about 14 years. I took a break once for 3 weeks and got suuuper baked the first time. But, like everyone else, it didn't take long before my tolerance was right back up to where it was before. So recently I read the article about "smoking less to get high more" and your receptors in the brain and I realized how true it is.. the times I've tried to smoke less, I felt like I was actually getting high on less. But I didn't realize there was a scientific reason for this. It now makes a whole lot of sense that ever since I started smoking in the morning, I wasn't getting high anymore.

I was going to quit for a week, but then gave in after 1 1/2 days.. and couldn't believe it when I got higher than I'd been in years! After just a day and a half! But even that was difficult because then I just obsessed about it all day.

So now, I've figured out how to reduce tolerance without quitting.. and then having your tolerance go right back up. Just gotta take out the morning smoke! I wasn't getting high in the morning anymore anyway, so it was an easy change. And now when I get home at night, and even still sometimes on lunch breaks, I'm feeling it again!

It's taken a month or so, but all without taking a t-break.. and since I'm still smoking every day, my tolerance should stay lower.. every day! I just can't believe what a difference it's making just waiting until after work to smoke.. My eyes even get a bit bloodshot again! Hurrah! All I wanna do is smoke every day and still get high..

now if i can just cut back, like i had been, hate the t-break yo-yo since it screws with my relationships (reactive, irritable, look like a tweaker)...I'm repeating myself, aren't I? fucking day 5...arghh!

This is interesting. I may have to try this. I kind of Yo-Yo too and I don't like it. I need a way to psycholigically get more high, this way you can use less herbs.

Elluzion,

crawdad

floatin
yep, been doing this since i started but then again i have not been at it for 15 years...but i do quite a bit less than what i think is normal and perhaps is the reason ive yet to notice any tolerance issues, honestly it seems im getting higher each time. its pretty tempting to refill that bowl and adhere to the "more is better" philosophy, but not once it becomes habit as it is with me...just every once in a while. :brow:

i also mix it up, sometimes vape green sometimes only abv, sometimes combust with bubbler or do a firecracker, etc. i think it helps.

crawdad,

reece

Someone posted something similar to this a while ago. Instead of not partaking in the morning he/she would smoke/vape less in a session than usual. Something about thinking of the receptors as cups and instead of filling all of the cups, only fill half (or something).

Both methods work. I tried the "cup" method which kinda naturally evolved to not partaking in the morning. After not so long an eighth was lasting 2 weeks plus. But then after a while I gradually started earlier and earlier in the day. Then, instead of doing one stem (bowl) and waiting at least 20 minutes to gauge the effects, I'd do two stems, then three.

Yesterday I began forcing myself to wait until later (still not as late as I'd like) and finish one stem only, waiting a while to see if I really need another. It definitely works, if you have the will.

This is how I know I'm addicted. I'm trying to consume less so I can consume everyday.

reece,

luchiano

There are two ways to keep tolerance low in the day. One would be diet and you can go to this thread and read post #4 to understand what I'm stating. http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4155&p=1

The other is by switching up the size of what you vaporize with. An example would be to start with something like a bong that gives a fast start to a high but it doesn't last long because it is more diluted with air than a smaller vape. Plus a lot of the vapor stays in the respiratory system due to them having to work harder then they would if they just did a soft inhale because the harder inhale activates more of the nerves in the respiratory system which means more blood flow to it which means more of the cannabinoids will stay in the it. You will still get vapor to the brain but not as much but it will be a fast on coming due to so much blood coming to the lungs and picking up vapor but again a lot will stay in the lungs.

When you puff again use something like the mflb which is small so the vapor will be less diluted if you inhale slow enough, you just have to make sure you inhale the vapor deep into the lungs with a rush of fresh air after extracting the vapor because a bong help you do this automatically because you have to breath deep to get a proper extraction and inhalation. Then at night eat the herb with a high complex carb, high fat,low protein high green leafy vegetable meal to help you relax and go to sleep. Or you can use something that releases the vapor slowly like an iolite or a vaporizer where you can adjust the temperature slowly from low to high and and has less surface area between the vaporizer bowl, wand/stem so the vapor will be more concentrated like an aromed when a good amount of water is in the bowl or a vapor bros. with a small water bubbler.

The reason why it will be more effective is because you are inhaling the substances at such a slow speed that your body will make use of most of the chemicals(based on metabolism) that you're inhaling at different times instead of all at once like when using a set temperature.

Doing these different methods is another way of manipulating the cannabinoid levels so your body is always dealing with different levels and you are also getting the majority of it at night BUT ultimately you need to move around and be productive to keep everything working efficiently or else you will eventually slow down you metabolism which means most of the chemicals you vaporize(if you vape more than once a day) will go to your fat cells and lower the amount of cannabinoid receptors while keeping the metabolites high which means a high tolerance.

You also need to make sure you eat a good amount of protein and plant fat to make sure receptors are made in the first place. Eating at least 2 oz. of different nuts/seeds daily will help accomplish this easily.

luchiano,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
crawdad said:
i also mix it up, sometimes vape green sometimes only abv, sometimes combust with bubbler or do a firecracker, etc. i think it helps.

Beyond question changing consumption methods can get you higher/more affected, and I don't think it's just psychological. Switching strains, vapes, combustion methods (joint, pipe, bong, etc) all seem to get me very wrecked. Mixing it up with edibles every now and then and I've never found tolerance an issue at all.

Tom

tdavie,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
luchiano,
so you're suggesting changing up the titration during one session, not vaping at a lower temp for couple days, then re-vape at higher temp the next week?

VWFringe,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ive been doing this kind of thing for a couple years now to keep my tolerance at a low level. i discovered tolerance is much less noticable if i have one lightly packed (then tamped) pd stem for a session and wait at least 3 hours in between stems each session feels like a fresh high. and now sort of naturally im also cutting back on the amount of times per day i vape, now 2-3 times (1 in the morning and 1 or 2 in the evening [usually at 4-5pm then at 7:30 to 8]) when it used to be 4-5 compacted stems. im a person who doesnt react well to breaks because weed is an important anxiety medicine and antipsychotic for me

momatik

lwein vapes 1 stem/night if I remember correctly, and he said this in the other thread:

Yeah, I don't vape nearly as much as most here, but even so, I can definitely tell when my tolerance begins to creep up and when it does, I'll go on a two to three day break. That's all it takes to bring it back down before I have to do this again in a few weeks.

momatik,

luchiano

VWFringe said:
luchiano,
so you're suggesting changing up the titration during one session, not vaping at a lower temp for couple days, then re-vape at higher temp the next week?

No I'm saying use the same amount but use different size tools and tools that have different ways of vaping to keep tolerance low because of how much cannabinoids are actually going to be used by your body and do it throughout the day from the time you start to the time you end. In other words use different methods each time you vape and starting with a bong or large object for the morning due to dilution and eating herb or vaping slowly by using a variable temperature vape(start low then go high) for the end of the night or use something like an iolite that slowly releases vapor but using these vapes you have to make sure you rush the vapor deep into the lungs with a rush of fresh air like a bong does for you to get a good amount of the vapor deep into the lungs to be absorbed efficiently. Going low then high in temperature or allowing vapor to be released slowly like with an iolite in one session will allow more to be used by the body then all at once so it will be more of a potent affect just not a fast on coming high. By changing it up you will keep getting good affects off of the same herb.

luchiano,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
luchiano said:
No I'm saying use the same amount but use different size tools and tools that have different ways of vaping

By changing it up you will keep getting good affects off of the same herb.

100% agreement here. Every time I switch ingestion techniques (even switching from 1 vaporizer to another), it is like I had gone on a mini t-break (which I never have and never will once I've found that MJ works for a number of minor ailments).

All the more reason to buy a new vape :)

In all seriousness, I find that if I switch my primary ingestion method about once a week, I tend to get higher and stay higher longer. Weed consumption is ridiculously low at the start of a change, slowly builds up a bit, plateaus for a few days and then I switch methods and it repeats.

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom