Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Found this on nuggetry:
LgENicV.png

That's an incycler! And the Starbucks work is awesome (check the little weed crown on the girl)

Some dude asked "how much?? got cash ready"

wait for it

$2350.
:o

That's fuckin madness in my opinion. One could purchase sooo much glass with $2350. Hell, I'd get me a Hamm for less than half that, go buy some shatter, and pocket the remaining $1300. Insanity.

I mean it's cool, but I don't think it $2350 cool.

That's fuckin madness in my opinion. One could purchase sooo much glass with $2350. Hell, I'd get me a Hamm for less than half that, go buy some shatter, and pocket the remaining $1300. Insanity.

The genuine slop cups are even more than that. Granted they feature colorful "work" and are regarded as art, but they just have simple old-school downstems and are functionally unimpressive. I'm not clear on why you'd want your rig to resemble a fast-food cup anyhow. It's not like a stealth design with the damn vapor dome on top.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

Happy someone said this :) I agree on this for sure. What I have gotten for 1/2 that kills it.

Course note one thing in ART - value does not equal good function... ART is opinion and pure opinion. Old Ansel prints of much less quality are worth 100X what a later one is worth even through the later ones are much better prints. The technical design and function of heady pieces isn’t a direct variable in its value from what I have seen. I have see examples on either side of that fence. Great functioning pieces for a song and extreme heady piece that function poorly for $5,000.

Edit: while I am at it, here is a Recycler set from Forge Glass. #1 aka his first recycler and its a winner, at least for me. Beautiful work, color and detail. With matching dabber, dish and spoon. Even though its full heady, the whirlpool is sweet for a recycler the size of a Bic lighter.
Forge%20Glass%20Recycler%20Set-1.jpg
Forge%20Glass%20Recycler%20Set-2.jpg
Forge%20Glass%20Recycler%20Set-3.jpg
Forge%20Glass%20Recycler%20Set-4.jpg

Last edited:

PhotoRider

OK, yet another recycler. Thought I throw this one up since people are talking whirlpool action. This one is a twin counter rotating internal recycler. Never have seen another yet like this. Its from RAD glass, one of my Favorite blowers as you can see in my collection.

Its a 10mm nail and about 5” tall. Two whirlpools, one on top and another on the bottom return. They counter rotate also. I talked to RAD about this and he said this one was a royal bitch, took several tries and very hard due to size. A 8” would cost less...

The only only of this size I have seen and have not seen many twins counter rotate :) Wonder if they reverse if I head south :)

Rad%20Twin%20Counter%20Recycler-1.jpg
Rad%20Twin%20Counter%20Recycler-2.jpg
Rad%20Twin%20Counter%20Recycler-3.jpg
Rad%20Twin%20Counter%20Recycler-4.jpg

PhotoRider

ok, sorry for yet another back to back post...

Question on the Gordo Scientific recyclers.I notice many of his are colabs with fogzglass and are similar to the video S420S posted above.

Is that the basic design most people have from Gordo Scientific? or does he make a series of recyclers? I talking designs, not the heady work.

I do notice he has made a mini and this nice looking double recycler.

I believe he calls the recycler hydrotube a "vape ape recycler tip" :)

PhotoRider,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Very slight variations,as you have already noted, from all the pieces I have seen. He just put out what he calls a "Blood Money" recycler, which although it has colored sections, still the same general style. There is also an incycler pic(or there was) of his floating around somewhere online. Can't recall if someone sent me a pic or I saw it on his Insta page, but he most definitely made at least one.

This is all just based on my searching out as many Gordo pieces online as I could find. I am not trying to speak for Mr. Gordon at all. Check out the Rip tide perc pieces he does, not a recycler BUT very cool action and some are hella-heady.

Silver420Surfer,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the heady pieces are collabs only. I am almost positive. Definitely check out his Instagram.

Deadshort480,

PhotoRider

I looked through his facebook stuff which includes instagram. He has made a small incycler and a cool looking honeycomb twin too, but most of the standard recyclers are similar. Just want to dbl check if someone had a custom not up on his page.

I have several bubblers from him and his buddy. Nice worked rigs, but not recyclers. His recyclers are nice and they are a must have in a recycler collection :)

Thanks for the info.

PhotoRider,

JoeKickass

Yeah it's like :uhh:... joking right?
They're totally biting SLOP's style, no doubt they're eager to try and mimic his price point.
Yeah Slop's cups look better too!
slopcupsweb2.jpg

I have several bubblers from him and his buddy. Nice worked rigs, but not recyclers. His recyclers are nice and they are a must have in a recycler collection :)
No question about that:
right.jpg

Just wish I had $640... :(
http://www.hellawicked.com/gordo-scientific-and-fogz-glass-worked-recycler-in-blue-purple

Caligula

Maximus
I wanted that so badly until I saw the price point. Im liking the standard Gordo recyclers, however, and it appears those can be had for relatively cheap? It seems this may he a good option for me since Earl Jr got back to me, saying hes not taking new orders ATM due to high demand and lack of time.

Anyway, I would also assume Gordo makes these with female joints? I only ask because all the rigs ive seen from him have male joints for nails, and I dont do nail dabs.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I wanted that so badly until I saw the price point. Im liking the standard Gordo recyclers, however, and it appears those can be had for relatively cheap? It seems this may he a good option for me since Earl Jr got back to me, saying hes not taking new orders ATM due to high demand and lack of time.

Anyway, I would also assume Gordo makes these with female joints? I only ask because all the rigs ive seen from him have male joints for nails, and I dont do nail dabs.
I have an 18mm female, I like to use a male to male adapter as oppossed to riding my nail straight on the recycler. Just rather have a nail get stuck to an adapter rather than my recyclers' joint. Probably not a piece I would have bought for flower only use, just my opinion. I like to fill up and clear a bigger sized can when using flowers, so it's probably just my weirdness.
If I may make a suggestion to you, check out Gordo's(or Gordo x Fogz collab) Rip Tide percs, they are my new "thing". Hope this helps. Good luck on whatever piece you decide!!

Caligula

Maximus
I have an 18mm female, I like to use a male to male adapter as oppossed to riding my nail straight on the recycler. Just rather have a nail get stuck to an adapter rather than my recyclers' joint. Probably not a piece I would have bought for flower only use, just my opinion. I like to fill up and clear a bigger sized can when using flowers, so it's probably just my weirdness.
If I may make a suggestion to you, check out Gordo's(or Gordo x Fogz collab) Rip Tide percs, they are my new "thing". Hope this helps. Good luck on whatever piece you decide!!

I cant seem to find any of his riptide pieces. That just had a diffuser that creates a vortex right?

Caligula,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yes. Those who have tried them claim they are great at retaining flavor as well.
That hellawicked place has em for $200 on page 3 of Gordos merchandise page.

Silver420Surfer,

Caligula

Maximus
Yes. Those who have tried them claim they are great at retaining flavor as well.
That hellawicked place has em for $200 on page 3 of Gordos merchandise page.

Nice. Ill have to check that out but it looks like they are specifically for oil rigs?

On a related note I found this awesome recycler hydratube designed by Gordo!

llamaman001

LOL at the slow motion cloud whistle. I thought my speakers messed up for second. Looks nice but Id be scared about all the water pressure sending some in the joint.

llamaman001,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
LOL at the slow motion cloud whistle. I thought my speakers messed up for second. Looks nice but Id be scared about all the water pressure sending some in the joint.

I think VX is on board with this, and if thats the case I couldnt see them signing on to a product if that was a major issue...?

llamaman001

oh well if they are helping out with it and approving it then Im sure it is good then. I wasent sure if this was just some custom piece an artist blew for someone with a cloud or if he was actually working with them.

llamaman001,

Caligula

Maximus
oh well if they are helping out with it and approving it then Im sure it is good then. I wasent sure if this was just some custom piece an artist blew for someone with a cloud or if he was actually working with them.

This is info I got from Chitownboro's IG site (who sells these, so take that for what its worth), so it's by no means 100% however a quick Google search came up with a few more sources.

Caligula,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
From my understanding, it's Gordo's design and Swagger made.
Could be wrong, but I don't believe Gordo is making for VXH.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom