Recent Acquisitions - Post Your New Pieces Here

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, Today was the day for my @Redtailglass order. A custom Bubble Trap venetian fab. Turned out beautiful. He added a nice custom color pull drop down and a HUGE carb cap that is great with the 20mm and Flat coil Ligers!! I won't have to talk about this one much, I'll just post a bunch of pics and let them do the talking! This piece was worth the wait, function is perfect.

HR52nGJ.jpg
JRQuozl.jpg
8b6AwRo.jpg
xdvap79.jpg
iAV6vdh.jpg
a4dP5od.jpg
WOWl7fD.jpg
PBswLRB.jpg
MGEiPyY.jpg
1qwJdEz.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

OK, Today was the day for my @Redtailglass order. A custom Bubble Trap venetian fab. Turned out beautiful. He added a nice custom color pull drop down and a HUGE carb cap that
great with the 20mm and Flat coil Ligers!! I won't have to talk about this one much, I'll just post a bunch of pics and let them do the talking! This piece was worth the wait, function is perfect.

HR52nGJ.jpg
JRQuozl.jpg
8b6AwRo.jpg
xdvap79.jpg
iAV6vdh.jpg
a4dP5od.jpg
WOWl7fD.jpg
PBswLRB.jpg
MGEiPyY.jpg
1qwJdEz.jpg
Really gorgeous. I really like this piece.

Yo brother, you gonna need a new home just to store your glass in! haha

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
OK, Today was the day for my @Redtailglass order. A custom Bubble Trap venetian fab. Turned out beautiful. He added a nice custom color pull drop down and a HUGE carb cap that
great with the 20mm and Flat coil Ligers!! I won't have to talk about this one much, I'll just post a bunch of pics and let them do the talking! This piece was worth the wait, function is perfect.

HR52nGJ.jpg
JRQuozl.jpg
8b6AwRo.jpg
xdvap79.jpg
iAV6vdh.jpg
a4dP5od.jpg
WOWl7fD.jpg
PBswLRB.jpg
MGEiPyY.jpg
1qwJdEz.jpg

Man, you have some beautiful glass. But this one is just FUCKING AMAZING! LOVE IT!!!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Any tipping issues with the Liger onboard or does that dropdown solve the issue?
Gorgeous piece.

That is a HUGE issue for me and a lot of the beautiful dab rigs out there, they are too small to keep set up with a liger.
I find drop downs make the tipping issue much worse because they put the weight further from the piece causing even more tipping. He did not make the base quite as big as I had hoped, but This one is pretty stable with the 20mm even with the drop down and hurricane cap. So it's set up and no tipping issues but as always I wish the foot was a little bigger.

G4hChKZ.jpg

Baron23

That is a HUGE issue for me and a lot of the beautiful dab rigs out there, they are too small to keep set up with a liger.
I find drop downs make the tipping issue much worse because they put the weight further from the piece causing even more tipping. He did not make the base quite as big as I had hoped, but This one is pretty stable with the 20mm even with the drop down and hurricane cap. So it's set up and no tipping issues but as always I wish the foot was a little bigger.

G4hChKZ.jpg
I'm with you, mate. I don't know why these guys put such small bases on some of these pieces. The Bates external pump is a great example. Wonderful piece, can't use it with a drop down lest it fall right the hell over.

Glass Artists - listen up, put a nice stable base on all pieces!!:rant::rofl:

G4hChKZ.jpg
THAT PIECE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
I've had to start specifying larger bases simply due to my passion for the Liger!

jl420

Nothing special but I'm really enjoying it. It's a little tippy. I need to figure out a way to stabilize it. This is just me f'n around with video edits. Cheers!

a friend of mine got a set of mannequin hands that he mounted on a small box. They are couped and they perfectly held his crystal ball rig. Dab sessions were chaos before the "hands" everytime you'd put the carb cap on it would wobble and tip. A small deep glass bowl (with sides 2-3" high) should do the job. Good luck with your rig...:rockon:

MoltenTiger

a friend of mine got a set of mannequin hands that he mounted on a small box. They are couped and they perfectly held his crystal ball rig. Dab sessions were chaos before the "hands" everytime you'd put the carb cap on it would wobble and tip. A small deep glass bowl (with sides 2-3" high) should do the job. Good luck with your rig...:rockon:
The metal/wood design of the magic flight orbiter would be an easy mod, and it would also add some nice character to a cool piece.

Alternatively there's a decent mouthpiece sneakypete sells for that globe, which would help keep it stable while toking

Nice vid @Madcap79 every piece is special, which is why this thread is so good!

nodrog

I've been lusting after beautiful glass ever since I discovered the world of high-end art glass a few years ago. I have been watching artists on Instagram and biding my time. At last, I just purchased my FIRST heady/art/high-end/expensive glass piece and I could NOT be more pleased. I commissioned it from John Koutsouros in Philadelphia because his style is so mind-meltingly beautiful. Lovely, no? Even shipped it to me in a Pelican case. www.instagram.com/koutsouros

image1-2_zps3aprht0c.jpg

image1_zpspjwfuewf.jpg
image2_zpsloywqupg.jpg
image3_zpsb6z0in0r.jpg
image10_zpsep2cmbct.jpg
image9_zpsx79t7k92.jpg
image7_zpsa7orrfdd.jpg
image5_zps9mlimrq1.jpg
image4-1_zpsbhn7kx1s.jpg

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've been lusting after beautiful glass ever since I discovered the world of high-end art glass a few years ago. I have been watching artists on Instagram and biding my time. At last, I just purchased my FIRST heady/art/high-end/expensive glass piece and I could NOT be more pleased. I commissioned it from John Koutsouros in Philadelphia because his style is so mind-meltingly beautiful. Lovely, no? Even shipped it to me in a Pelican case. www.instagram.com/koutsouros

image1-2_zps3aprht0c.jpg

image1_zpspjwfuewf.jpg
image2_zpsloywqupg.jpg
image3_zpsb6z0in0r.jpg
image10_zpsep2cmbct.jpg
image9_zpsx79t7k92.jpg
image7_zpsa7orrfdd.jpg
image5_zps9mlimrq1.jpg
image4-1_zpsbhn7kx1s.jpg

LOVE that!

Baron23

image1-2_zps3aprht0c.jpg

image1_zpspjwfuewf.jpg
image2_zpsloywqupg.jpg
image3_zpsb6z0in0r.jpg
image10_zpsep2cmbct.jpg
image9_zpsx79t7k92.jpg
image7_zpsa7orrfdd.jpg
image5_zps9mlimrq1.jpg
image4-1_zpsbhn7kx1s.jpg
THAT is fucking awesome, dude. Really like the colors, the swirl, the encasements, and I particularly like the mouthpiece design.

Wonderful piece with a Liger 2.0 on it just like mine.

By the by, might want to look at how your coils are fitted on your Liger. If not snug top to bottom, then take a screw driver and gently open the space between the coils until its good and tight when you screw on the bottom retention nut. Also, if not tight on the Liger body, you can take pliers and gently tighten the coils just a bit. This will help your heat transfer and let you vape at lower temps.

On the other hand, your coil might be tighter than...well, you know...and I'm wasting your time! LOL

Love the glass. Are you willing to give an order of magnitude cost for such a piece. If not, no problem...it is private info after all.

Cheers

nodrog

THAT is fucking awesome, dude. Really like the colors, the swirl, the encasements, and I particularly like the mouthpiece design.

Wonderful piece with a Liger 2.0 on it just like mine.

By the by, might want to look at how your coils are fitted on your Liger. If not snug top to bottom, then take a screw driver and gently open the space between the coils until its good and tight when you screw on the bottom retention nut. Also, if not tight on the Liger body, you can take pliers and gently tighten the coils just a bit. This will help your heat transfer and let you vape at lower temps.

On the other hand, your coil might be tighter than...well, you know...and I'm wasting your time! LOL

Love the glass. Are you willing to give an order of magnitude cost for such a piece. If not, no problem...it is private info after all.

Cheers
Huh. Hadn't considered adjusting the coils on the Liger at all. I actually mostly use my Mobius Nuc for low-temp dabbing (~620) with the Liger. I'm primarily using the new rig with the Mobius Flower Pot for vaporizing flower. But I had to get a photo or three with the Liger on the new glass. It's now been recommended I use a dropdown, but I don't think the Liger gets hot enough at low temps that cracking the joint is a concern. Your thoughts? I'll try adjusting the coils, see if I can get similarly good results at lower temps than I'm currently using. But dabbing is hard on my throat, I usually do just one or two dabs per day, while I vaporize flower 3-4 times a day.

I saved my money for the Koutsouros piece. I've been spending a LOT of time in the last few years considering and dreaming about high-end functional glass. Browsing IG and FB, browsing high-end shop sites, slowly cruising the cases at my local glass shops, etc. I spent a lot of time considering who I wanted to make my piece. John Koutsouros charged me a bit more than $2k total for the bong and the q-tip holder/cup. Given the level of detail and craftsmanship that went into this, and the larger context in which many beautiful pieces of art glass go for much more than this, I recognize the price as actually very fair. I feel grateful I was able to commission it after I got a nice bonus at work a couple months ago. Lucky me!

Baron23

Huh. Hadn't considered adjusting the coils on the Liger at all. I actually mostly use my Mobius Nuc for low-temp dabbing (~620) with the Liger. I'm primarily using the new rig with the Mobius Flower Pot for vaporizing flower. But I had to get a photo or three with the Liger on the new glass. It's now been recommended I use a dropdown, but I don't think the Liger gets hot enough at low temps that cracking the joint is a concern. Your thoughts? I'll try adjusting the coils, see if I can get similarly good results at lower temps than I'm currently using. But dabbing is hard on my throat, I usually do just one or two dabs per day, while I vaporize flower 3-4 times a day.

I saved my money for the Koutsouros piece. I've been spending a LOT of time in the last few years considering and dreaming about high-end functional glass. Browsing IG and FB, browsing high-end shop sites, slowly cruising the cases at my local glass shops, etc. I spent a lot of time considering who I wanted to make my piece. John Koutsouros charged me a bit more than $2k total for the bong and the q-tip holder/cup. Given the level of detail and craftsmanship that went into this, and the larger context in which many beautiful pieces of art glass go for much more than this, I recognize the price as actually very fair. I feel grateful I was able to commission it after I got a nice bonus at work a couple months ago. Lucky me!
Yes, I would expect a piece like that to cost some good bit. Really, REALLY outstanding.

I have used the Liger without a drop down on heady pieces before and know others who do as well as, like you said, the Liger doesn't get real hot at the joint. But this stuff is pricey so I do often use a drop down. Cool idea would be to see if John can make you a matching drop down for a reasonable amount.

Spectacular piece. I really, really love it and will keep the price in mind because I would like to have one like it some day if I can (come on tax refund! LOL).

If you do use the Liger, good coil fit will really help heat transfer. As my dear friend @mutten840 likes to describe it, it should be tight enough that it will only turn in one direction on the body (cause of the direction of the coils, yeah?). Also, it should cover the body area well from top to bottom. The key is gentle and small changes. Spreading the coils is very easy with a screwdriver. Just go around the gaps between the coils and turn the screwdriver a little bit to spread them out. To tighten your coil, either use a cloth to protect it or silicone jawed (or covered) pliers and go to near the ends of the coil and just turn it in the direction its pointed (this will tighten up that coil) and again on the coil closest to the cord. Just a little bit will do if its loose.

Hope this is helpful. Fabulous piece, really.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wasn't the whole point of banger style nails like the Liger is modeled after that you don't need a dropdown, as the heating surface is not right on the joint?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: The Beagle

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wasn't the whole point of banger style nails like the Liger is modeled after that you don't need a dropdown, as the heating surface is not right on the joint?

The joint doesn't get that hot on a Liger, BUT I still use drops for easy Iso free reclaim for edibles and just in case on the heat. I have never heard of anyone breaking a joint with one however, no.

Hey guys, nice banger hanger from Cody Pline auction only at $150, nice work for that! I love the wag booty, someone should snag that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRCTIXJgsJy/?taken-by=codyplineglass&hl=en

Last edited:
mrbonsai420,
Reactions: jl420

nodrog

In case anyone is interested, I took some better photos of this swirly work of art and posted them at https://www.instagram.com/nodrog9/

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, After that Redtail glass piece I tried to lay off glass buying. And it kinda worked for a month or so lol. Until I just saw an epic piece by one of my favorite artists and I JUST grabbed it. It's name is Fade to Black :whoa: It is epic and I purchased it with no haggling at asking price after seeing the picture for 2 seconds on my phone lol. It's that bad ass. I will post pictures of it soon enough!!!!!

My girl did get me a birthday present from @Nateylove !! I have a thing for the Infinity symbol, I have a tattoo and everything lol. Anyway She got me an Infinite love pendant in Experimental 19. I may trade it in for a more masculine color but I do like the way it changes from Purple to Blue!! What do you guys think?
d9xzJQJ.jpg

Also I ordered 5 drop downs in assorted colors from a young glass blower TadGlass. Well over 3 months later and he was having trouble filling the order. I did not get the 5 drops but I had only paid 1/2 of the money and got 1 little rig and 1 drop. not an awful deal and the drop down is fantastic! Just used the little rig, man the little 2 hole perc hits great with no splash. Very impressed with it. Very usable pocket rig!!

N4DmD1S.jpg

XAUgIEI.jpg

HXGxokz.jpg

Last edited:

abcd5432

@mrbonsai420
We're about to have issues my friend.
You were supposed to hit me up if you were ordering anything! You always get stuff I want. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
Lol, shoot me a PM next time you're ordering something, I may want it too.
Then later, I'll try to wear your skin...
I mean what?

Just looked at their instagram. I'm even more mad now! Why did you want to hurt me like this? I thought we were friends :(

Edit: Probably should have looked at the price range first lol.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420
We're about to have issues my friend.
You were supposed to hit me up if you were ordering anything! You always get stuff I want. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
Lol, shoot me a PM next time you're ordering something, I may want it too.
Then later, I'll try to wear your skin...
I mean what?

Just looked at their instagram. I'm even more mad now! Why did you want to hurt me like this? I thought we were friends :(

Edit: Probably should have looked at the price range first lol.

LOL Which piece did you like, The pendy?
If I ever post anything that you feel belongs in your collection instead just let me know! I really like to trade and gift glass. In fact a Grav Labs piece has been my go-to gift for my people in the last year. I think it's about to change to artisan glass! Most people around me don't have much access to errl or the items that go with it, so a complete dab rig setup as a gift is usually their first Plus I have to educate them quite a bit to use it. I enjoy that role in my friend circle!

I CAN'T WAIT to post my new piece!!! OK, Fuck it I am posting a teaser. Someone reply to this so I can post more pics of it when it comes in without double posting! lol

One of my favorite artists, Hondo Pinzon posted a new piece that I just couldn't pass up. It just looks like me.
New Fade to Black color (Looks like lightning!!) with a wig wag window to a beautiful pineapple pattern Pendant perc with an opal and a big fat orange opal on top. Not too shabby Hondo :drool:

HTPpu3b.png

Top Bottom