• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Recent Acquisitions - Post Your New Pieces Here

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I just ordered a custom egg from MadRob tonight. A color-clear blend. I'll let you know how it turns out. Left most of the detail to him size, colors etc. He said it will be done in 2-3 weeks. My Christmas present to myself. Grandpa buys his own
I can't wait to see it! His Eggs are impressive.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: BoogerMan

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I can't wait to see it! His Eggs are impressive.
Yes, it will be my 7th egg. Oh my. Just got an used Boss Egg which is an user's user too. STUPID Mothership fab egg, once I bought one I was hooked, it's like Lay's potato chips, you just can't have one...

On another happy note, I found out today Kevin Murray's relationship with C&G is over and he can sell direct to shops and just maybe direct to collectors. I love his heady color detail, it is simply stunning.

Last edited:

Deadshort480

Yes, it will be my 7th egg. Oh my. Just got an used Boss Egg which is an user's user too. STUPID Mothership fab egg, once I bought one I was hooked, it's like Lay's potato chips, you just can't have one...

On another happy note, I found out today Kevin Murray's relationship with C&G is over and he can sell direct to shops and just maybe direct to collectors. I love his heady color detail, it is simply stunning.
I just received my second Egg, made by Dan Shelton. My first was made by Gordo Scientific.

bassplayer

I just ordered a custom egg from MadRob tonight. A color-clear blend. I'll let you know how it turns out. Left most of the detail to him size, colors etc. He said it will be done in 2-3 weeks. My Christmas present to myself. Grandpa buys his own
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, I'll be in the market for an egg soon, always thought Mothership was the way to go but maybe not...

bassplayer,

PhotoRider

@Deadshort480 sweet egg and Dan is awesome, course i am biased there. I met him early this year to pick up a custom piece direct. Since then we have become close personal friends. I watched him blow those eggs. They are sick, sick, sick. We are planning a trip to New York via my truck to haul back a plane he bought. Last month we went down to California to get another plane he bought. So nice to see others loving his work, I know yours will kick ass.

@bassplayer - well, Mothership will cost you. The price to value ratio is shot to hell due to demand and limited supply. Not a strong buy until the craze is over even though it functions the best so far :) another issue is the quality lately from what I saw wasn't as good. The egg wasn't symmetrical like mind. However, they are the standand.

Last edited:
PhotoRider,

Andy

Cali Moto Glass Fab Egg function video

He's outta Santa Cruz. I kiked him @cali_moto and he quoted me 350 shipped for what I was looking for. I PayPaled him before it was made, and he kept in contact, and I had my egg about two weeks later, sent in a bomb proof package. Very happy, especially for the price.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Time to relax finally...
Relax.jpg

Ripstar

I am having trouble finding a quality egg anywhere. Either too expensive or everyone is out. Anybody have any leads?

Ripstar,

PhotoRider

I am having trouble finding a quality egg anywhere. Either too expensive or everyone is out. Anybody have any leads?
Well, what's your budget?
clear or heady?

My lowest cost Egg was about $400 and my highest is $2500 out of the 7 I own. I was lucky and bought a Mothership before they became out of control and 2-3 price increases ago. When I bought list retail was $1400, The last one I saw this summer was $1900 list. They up cost on every order according to the owners of the 2 shops in Portland that carry them. I expect it will be $2100 next time. When I bought the shop had all 3 sizes of eggs to select from and they stayed on the shelf for they 2 weeks that took me to talk myself into buying one ☺ Today they last couple hours...

So some questions...

1) what's your budget?
2) clear or heady?
3) intended use: flower or oil?

Overall it will at least $600 for a half way decent clear from a tier 2 artist and can go up to $1500. Heady starts at $1,000. A tier 1 clear is probably over $2,000 aka mothership, quave, madrob, etc Heady tier 1 is over the top really.

Clear_dome off Boro market probably can get you a decent one for $600-700. That would be the minimine cost for a decent user.

Relax? Really?

I'd be prettified, knowing how clumsy I am and how much glass I break, with those beautiful intricate pieces!

I guess I could have them out for the very first run of the day :rockon:

Oh you worry too much. They are made to be used and are nice and hardy aka. thick well made glass. Daily users :) Now a detailed heady piece is different :) You could use the Worm piece as a club almost.

Ripstar

Thanks a lot for the reply! I just can't justify $600 for a clear egg. Glass to me has jumped so out of control it's insane and we are being held hostage. I would love a worked piece but I am not paying those prices.
I guess back to looking at worked recyclers that instagram is littered with.

Ripstar,

AdmiralAlpacha

It takes a whole lot of skill to make an egg, and a whole lot of equipment. And then you have demand. The number of glassblowers that can pull it off doesn't equal the amount of demand right now.

Ripstar

Ya, sorry I didn't mean it sound like I am putting down the artists. As we all know there is a lot that drives prices(hack artists, styles, trends). I just see some pieces and wonder who the hell would pay that much for some things. I just think some prices lately have not been reflecting time/skill.

Probably just butt hurt I can't find a damn egg for under $600! ha

Ripstar,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Ya, sorry I didn't mean it sound like I am putting down the artists. As we all know there is a lot that drives prices(hack artists, styles, trends). I just see some pieces and wonder who the hell would pay that much for some things. I just think some prices lately have not been reflecting time/skill.

Probably just butt hurt I can't find a damn egg for under $600! ha

Dude, literally 3 posts up from your first post about an finding an affordable egg is:

Cali Moto Glass Fab Egg function video

He's outta Santa Cruz. I kiked him @cali_moto and he quoted me 350 shipped for what I was looking for. I PayPaled him before it was made, and he kept in contact, and I had my egg about two weeks later, sent in a bomb proof package. Very happy, especially for the price.

But down the vape my friend, and get contacting him! :rockon:

Roth,
Reactions: oli

Deadshort480

Dude, literally 3 posts up from your first post about an finding an affordable egg is:

But down the vape my friend, and get contacting him! :rockon:
In all fairness, I contacted Tony and he said he's only doing full translucent colors right now and they are more than $600. I don't think clear is an option right now.

PhotoRider

Thanks a lot for the reply! I just can't justify $600 for a clear egg. Glass to me has jumped so out of control it's insane and we are being held hostage. I would love a worked piece but I am not paying those prices.
I guess back to looking at worked recyclers that instagram is littered with.
Understood, but you are not being held hostage. A few years ago glass artists couldn't make a buck and now they are enjoying some sucess. Yes the prices have bumped a lot, but overall they deserve it. It will stable out again and drop to a managing level.

I 100% agree some names are really out of control on price aka quave/mothership, but that's us consumers doing that. If people refused to pay it it would surely drop.

Here is skill and work into these, it's not printing money...

On another note, I grabbed this baby incase a cry baby shows up at my place. Figure they earned it :)
BTW not referencing anybody here

baby-bottle.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom