Reccomendations for my first vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

General_Led

So I've been doing quite a bit of research but I'm still not sure. I'm wanting a dry herb vape for around $100. I don't need one that's portable but I don't want one that's large or one that I can't just hold in my hand. I'd prefer one with a variable temp that is decent quality. I also don't have easy access to "product" and it's pretty expensive where I live so I'm looking for something that's going to have a good efficiency. I've also heard that grinders are usually needed so what's a good quality, SAFE, inexpensive grinder? (broke ass student) Also I need a site that ships discreet. I am in the US and I prefer shops in the US so that I don't have to deal with shipping costs, customs etc.. And I'm sure my question has been answered in a thousand other threads however after hours of research it is much less frustrating to just ask here. Thanks.

little maggie

A lot of people like the MFLB or Vapman- both very small. They are not my favorites but the MFLB was my first vape. I think a good first vape would be one of the flowermates. The 5.0s is $99 at PIU. If you buy from Puff It Up, they include a free grinder that's pretty good and their shipping is discreet and free. The Vapolution 2 is available from the vapolution web site for $99 and doesn't need a grinder. It's a plug in but very light. You can check out the specific threads for any of these to see what others have to say.

Philreal187

I vote Vapman

It's very efficient you have the power to control the temps in a very wide range, and in my opinion its the best crafted vaporizer on the market. Puff it up has them for sale and they are a us company. You can even contact them on fc and voice you concerns on shipping.

For a grinder I vote 2 piece santa cruz shredder. They price is around 20 to 25 but it is backed with a life time warranty!! All I use is a 2 piece scs and its perfect.

Good luck on the vapor journey!! Its a new year and ur on the right path coming to fc for help getting the right equipment.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
@General_Led

Have you checked out the Arizer Solo? You can get one for a little bit more than a hundred bucks with a little shopping around. If you're willing to shop from a Canadian site, get one from PlanetVape.ca -- of course you'd have to put up with atrocities like free shipping and fast service. ;) It's listed at $158 CAD which comes out to ~$114 USD at the current exchange rate. Shipping usually takes about a week, give or take, unless you pay extra to have it expedited. (My last order from them took less than a week.)

(Link to Solo vaporizer from PlanetVape)

For a US-based option, PuffItUp.com is awesome. They have the Solo listed for $160.

As for cheap grinders, I love my SharpStone. I've had it for a while now, and no problems with it. Definitely worth looking into. I wouldn't recommend the clear-top ones they sell though, stick to the regular hard-tops.

(Link to SharpStone grinders)

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I also can't recommend the VaporGenie enough. If you don't mind using a butane lighter, this little vape is amazing! There's a slight learning curve, but once you get the technique down... :whoa:! And for $55, it's well in your price range.

:2c:

:peace:

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Shell out a bit more money and get an Underdog on the Holiday sale, since portability is not a requirement, and efficiency is, I think it's the most efficient vape out IMO. They ship out of California

You get some options with it too. You have the one hitter style stems, and you can get bigger stems to hold more. They are all efficient, but I do think the one hitter style stems are a bit more efficient. But they have options with 14/18mm as well so you could always get one with a ground glass end and grab a water pipe down the line. They work awesome just direct draw too though, the beauty is in the options!

little maggie

Whatever you end up with, it would help to get one that will vaporize a very small amount at a time. Some have bigger bowls and don't work well with small amounts. I second the Underdog if you have the extra money. They come with several stems which is an advantage over other vapes and you get to select which you want. You might also check out the firewood.

Last edited:

General_Led

Shell out a bit more money and get an Underdog on the Holiday sale, since portability is not a requirement, and efficiency is, I think it's the most efficient vape out IMO. They ship out of California

You get some options with it too. You have the one hitter style stems, and you can get bigger stems to hold more. They are all efficient, but I do think the one hitter style stems are a bit more efficient. But they have options with 14/18mm as well so you could always get one with a ground glass end and grab a water pipe down the line. They work awesome just direct draw too though, the beauty is in the options!
The underdog looks pretty good. Only problem is that its more than double my budget. I'm leaning heavily towards the flowermate which is $80 on puff it up. Do you have any experience or knowledge of it?

Last edited:

little maggie

The underdog looks pretty good. Only problem is that its more than double my budget. I'm leaning heavily towards the flower master which is $80 on puff it up. Do you have any experience or knowledge of it?
Is that one of the flowermates? Not sure what a flower master is. If it is a flowermate that's a fine first vaporizer. Not one of the best but those cost much more money.

The holiday underdog is $160. And although it's more than you want to pay, it would be a vape that would last for many years.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The underdog looks pretty good. Only problem is that its more than double my budget. I'm leaning heavily towards the flower master which is $80 on puff it up. Do you have any experience or knowledge of it?

I have no experience with it, seems like a fine budget vape, but budget being key word. Not my bag really, I don't value the discreteness because I am not worried about it, and I think that's one of the biggest pluses of the FM. Flowermate I am assuming.

General_Led

Is that one of the flowermates? Not sure what a flower master is. If it is a flowermate that's a fine first vaporizer. Not one of the best but those cost much more money.

The holiday underdog is $160. And although it's more than you want to pay, it would be a vape that would last for many years.
I meant flowermate. Autocorrect is an asshole.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
For $100 you are going to compromise just a little too much in the PRO/CON category. IMHO For 50$ more you can get a vape with a warranty.
Desktop - Arizer EQ $150 new with warranty from authorized dealer.
Portable -Summit Vapium $150 for one hit and quit portable
Some give high marks for Arizer Air Solo and the other vapes.
I bought my Flowermate from Puffitup.com They have fast shipping and have special deals for FC members.
Flowermate not being the strongest choice IMHO, but if the price point is a little greater than value, then get the flowermate at a good price perhaps.

Underdog is closer to $200 and more of a powervape. Nothing wrong with that if that is precisely what you are looking for. All the other suggestions do have their strong suits and points as well. Learning curve is a consideration for any purchase, if you have to spend $$ for green to get the best extraction.
Best bang for my buck and most upgradeable. irregardless of specialized function. Arizer EQ hands down. 18mm female connection, 3 speed fan, can vape at lower temps, remote control. The DDave mod is a cheap upgrade in glass, but it works fine out of the box.

I will revisit the Vapor genie and Vapman thread myself at some point. Want an off the grid at some point.:peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The underdog looks pretty good. Only problem is that its more than double my budget. I'm leaning heavily towards the flowermate which is $80 on puff it up. Do you have any experience or knowledge of it?

Besides @CuckFumbustion being on the money there is a barely used Arizer Solo for sale in the classifieds for $100. That is a bargain & whilst not brand new you just need to look at the Solo failure rate for peace of mind.

If you are a broke student you probably want something you can take with you on life's adventures. FM 5.0 is one of the best vapes you can get for under $100 but I think the Solo is a better vape for the money (if you can get it for under $100 near new).

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Last edited:

ginolicious

Flowermate is an excellent choice. Then you can buy a more expensive vape like a desktop. Desktop always hits better. I have a $250 desktop and a soon to be Flowermate to cure my probability issue. And let's be real, most of us don't have money for a volcano, ESV, and a crafty lol. And I mean one of each in the collection.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Expensive vapes also have their problems. Price isn't everything.

True, but I also feel like in Vapes, you tend to get what you pay for. Obviously there are some quality exceptions, but IMO I feel the quality of vaporizer improves a lot once you get to about 150. And while there are some high end exceptions that truly can push the limit, I feel your quality is generally the same in the 150-300 range. The only vapes I paid more than that for were my Mighty and EVO, and they both I believe are worth the extra price point for the specific niches they fill (Mighty being desktop quality portable, EVO being able to dab out of as easily as a nail while still being a quality herb vaporizer)

I have some quality vaporizers I paid much less for, but I tend not to use them as my daily drivers. Both the Hammer and the Vapman I got for sub 100, and they both are awesome.

HD Springer

I know you said multiple heat settings but @Philreal187 gave you a real deal vaporizer. Don't let that goofy little egg fool you. The Vapman can vape any and all product. And can be had for under a $100. Plus it almost feels like your smoking it with a lighter and all. Be careful this little vape will punch you directly in the face. It's a very versatile piece of art. IMO.

Edit: I almost forgot the Vapman shines the most on very little product. One of the main reasons I purchased it.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
If you don't mind a flame, Vapman 1000% the tiny pan makes vaping small amounts super eazy. Plus the ability to control the hit size with lighter technique will help with the discretion factor (and it comes with a smell proof egg)
Also if you take the vapman apart it is very hard to determine what it actually is. Hell...If you buy a vapman, I'll give you one of these plastic S&B grinders I have a surplus of! Vapman! Vapman!

If your looking for something electric, I'd go with an OG davinci. They are almost indestructable, I've recommended them to a few people and they all still work as expected. It has a storage location in the vape...it also has bypass charging.

But to be fair I have never tried an underdog or a flowermate.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@HD Springer, a buddy of mine recently purchased an OG davinci on a referral (the smoke shop he was at when he called me was trying to sell him on a vapir no2) and he is now at the point of saying fuck combustion. They did update the hinge on the unit, so it opens nearly all the way over the chamber as opposed to the way it did before. They also have tweaked in a few different areas as well. But I have dropped mine hella times, l charged it (i would say) nearly 1000 charge cycles and put it through all sorts of abuse and it's still ticking.

It was the vape that started forming my standards on daily drivers.

Alot of current Chinese vapes owe their evolutionary traits to the OG DV

My first purchased vape was the flight box, which is definetly portable, but sometimes a chore to use.

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Good call suggesting the Classifieds, @Stevenski. I gotta second that suggestion.

@General_Led, definitely check out the Classifieds, you can find great deals on vapes in there. Honestly that Solo in there for $100 is the answer to your needs. It's efficient, dependable, easy to use. Can't go wrong with a Solo, IMO.
Lot of folks, including me, do not sell to new FCers so keep that in mind.

Anyhow, I think a first Vape(might get flamed for this one) should be a portable....be it battery powered or flame....desktops are great but what about when you want fuck combustion away from the 'desk?' Also what is your vaping situation like? Can you Vape openly at home?

Edit
Alot of current Chinese vapes owe their evolutionary traits to the OG DV
Absolutely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom