Rebuildables & Home-Made Wicks and Coils?

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Here I sit, just about ready to push the button that sends my shopping cart off the internet and into my bank account to deplete it, and thought I'd see if some of the good old Dutch Masters here can give me any tips before I click. Here's my situation and what I'm looking to get:

I have a couple eGo-C batteries, the kind that have two modes, though not too sure what the difference is ... I thought one setting was a higher voltage, but no, something about a "steady" voltage at 3.3 volts, errr, hell I dunno. The batts seem to work great with clearomizers and e-juice, but I'm gonna get a rebuildable atmoizer, either a Wyvern or a Phoenix or both to try them out...

Big question is, can I rebuild them? Other questions are, what size or type wick and resistance coil are best? Can I wing it, or do I really need a meter in order not to turn my brand new eGo rig into a Jacob's Ladder or Tesla coil? I can handle working with small pieces, just worried that an amateur like me might be in over his head.

The goal here is to vape oil and concentrates more economically than using Omicron carts, if possible.

Olympus Mons,

upsetter21

Here's my latest work... a Terminator Dripping Atty. Joined AWG30 Nickle wire to AWG32 Kanthal using a capacitive wire welder. Wrapped a small 1.8Ohm coil. Threaded the coil into the hollow section of XC-116 ceramic braided wick. Wrapped #400 Oxidized Stainless Steel Mesh over the XC-116. Assembled the coil/wick low in the ceramic. Can put large balls of wax in this and blow yer head off! Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Top Bottom