• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reasons I Dislike Concentrates (Personal Reasons)

herbivore21

Get them to apply low heat to the maple syrup next time mate, the warmth is more soothing than any combination of cannabinoids!

Dr. Plutonious

Idk. I never thought I'd be much of a BHO user. Whenever I did it I'd think "that's fun once in awhile" but not something to do regularly.

Then I got a rig lol. And now I love em. It just takes getting used to, at least for me. I know a lot of people who won't even mess with it though.

The beauty of mini-rigs also got me into it.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm on day 3 of oil only and no bud. Not for any specific "health" reason more just to see how long 1 gram of oil lasts me. Its looking like weeks at the rate I'm going ... somehow.

Now I'm not getting "baked" with the oil, just hitting just enough to not miss vaping good buds. For some reason it is WAY easier for me to pace myself with oil and limit usage than with buds.

I can say with confidence that since going oil only for this test I'm ingesting way less total cannabinoids and would be saving a lot of money if I was all oil all the time. Oh and all 3 nights have included dreaming, something I do about 2x a year if I'm lucky. Definitely related to vaping/cannabis, but for some reason when vaping small amounts of oil through the day I don't seem to have my dreams screwed with like I do when I'm vaping buds.

I'm VERY happy with this experiment so far. So much so that I'll consider being one of those full time oil guys once the dispensaries here open up.

Stiggy

I can say with confidence that since going oil only for this test I'm ingesting way less total cannabinoids and would be saving a lot of money if I was all oil all the time.
Oil is very efficient. I did an extraction for a friend. Upon delivery my friend and another friend and I all sat down for a dab session. We got blown away. I then did the math. We all got lit off of ~.15g of starting material. Had we been smoking flowers or vaping flowers we'd have burned up at least 2g maybe even an 8th in that session.

Stiggy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Just wait until your tolerance catches up though.

Thats the thing though I can guarantee my tolerance is going way way down during this experiment. The reason being is with oil I don't even need to vape enough to feel any mental effects. I'm talking about like less than a 40th of a gram per usage. I am using the oil in a way that doesn't get me high, like at all. Maybe once in a while I'll step it up to a whopping 25th of a gram or something like that.

Thats what is so amazing about it for me. I hope I am explaining it clearly enough, but something about having oil to vape is making me take doses that don't even equal like 2 hits off of any of my herb vapes. It is literally just enough to make me feel like I'm not taking a full on no cannabinoid tolerance break.

I haven't taken more than 5 days without cannabis in the last 10 years for sure, so this is a huge deal for me.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sorry to double post, but I guess its been too long to edit.

I'm expecting to get absolutely BLASTED off my first vape bowl back. The way its looking this gram of oil isn't going away any time soon though. Like weeks...

For some reason concentrated cannabis encourages me to consume less cannabinoids. Love it.

turk

turk
....I still (for the most part)...do about 1 elb a day....though many days (like yesterday) I do none...the other guy who said my tolerance would go up has me a little concerned....we'll see...anyways not buying half's and quarters anymore...

darkrom

Great Scott!
Your tolerance will go up if you are using oil as often as you'd use bud. Basically instead of 1 bowl you have 1 fat dab, your tolerance will go up. Of course if oil allows you to manage your dosages at lower levels (like it does for me) then it won't.

Its like what is stronger, whisky or beer? Ok simple answer. But what is stronger, a shot of whisky, or 6 beers?

I think I vaped like 6 beers, and with oil I am only vaping half a shot of whisky haha. Terrible analogy, but I think it gets my point across.

2clicker

Observer
if you can keep your usage to the amounts you are using yes. otherwise you may end up feeling that those small amounts dont get you where you wanna be anymore. then the quantities start going up.

not saying you cant @darkrom. i know i can as well, but also know many who could not. including myself sometimes. i am usually very good about being vapor efficient (flowers or oil), but sometimes i just wanna blast off into space.

so basically if you replace your flower medicating with oil medicating you run a high risk of tolerance changes. if you have yourself on a set amount and can stick to it then it can easily be managed.

the_cascadian

when i first started vaping herb i was thrilled by how little i needed to feel an effect. this led to super efficient usage, somewhere around .01 a day. but then i started building a tolerance and the .01 gram became .1 gram became 1 gram per day. darkrom, i think you will be able to maintain your current low level use, provided you don't get carried away like many of us do.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
when i first started vaping herb i was thrilled by how little i needed to feel an effect. this led to super efficient usage, somewhere around .01 a day. but then i started building a tolerance and the .01 gram became .1 gram became 1 gram per day. darkrom, i think you will be able to maintain your current low level use, provided you don't get carried away like many of us do.

That is exactly what happened to me. :( I have had to back away from concentrates for a little while because I just can't afford it right now. I just found out that just the hospital (no one else, doctors, etc.) charged over $50,000.00 for my FIRST surgery. I about had a heart attack! We haven't got the bills for the 2nd surgery yet. No, we don't owe all that, we have to pay a $4,000.00 deductible, plus co-insurance.

Top Bottom