Really REALLY n00b need help making concentrate

madd catter

In a nutshell; Health is in the crapper (not curable but I'm old so not bothered that much) so tried a friends vaper and now convinced mmj offers a better QoL then all the pills the pharma-pusher had me on. Friend died and I inherited an MBM2e, some vg and pg, and 2oz pink in addition to a bunch of paraphernalia.

I jumped in without knowing enough and now have 1oz worth of weak vg tincture that just does not seem like it does anything if I am even using it correctly.. I don't have the funds to make another mistake. I cannot combust.. my lungs are shot as it is. Don't want edibles because I need to be in more control of strength. I don't care about 'cloud' or visible vapor, how high I can get, colour or consistency, or even what the taste is really.. if it helps the pain and isn't so bad tasting I want to spit it out.

I would prefer not using butane or ISO because of toxic chemicals and potential danger. I'm not real steady and do not have an outside kitchen.

Which method is easiest, potent (at least in cbds), and does not require spending more money? Here is what I have to work with:

1oz Pink (loose little nugs)
1 bottle Everclear
MBM2e
crock-pot
rice cooker
oven
stove
freezer
vacuum food sealer (not strong enough?)
shop-vac (ok, this is a joke)
PG, VG, olive oil, peanut oil, crisco or any other common ingredient to kitchens that are actually used daily
time... I have lots of time

So... is anyone feeling generous enough to help this little old lady make something vapable?

Last edited:

Neicey76

You will get maybe a few grams 3 if you are very lucky on first try

I would forget about the PG or any oil except cocunut if u want to bake

Many easy ever recipes about. If interested pm me n I'll help u.

Stay well friend

Neicey76,

Neicey76

True and much better choice. Good looking. I don't know why I jumped into science class. Lol . Cheers

Neicey76,

madd catter

Ok, my ignorance is vast. I thought that it was near impossible to vape bud and that all the standard toys end up combusting it and that it does not use all the cbd's and other elements that are mostly medicinal?

Does anyone else remember then it was just a joint or home made bong?

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
If you want to make concentrates easily and for little to no money and you have a flat iron hair straightener and some parchment paper laying around, check out the rosin technique described in this thread. Basically, you take a little bud (or a piece of a bud) and put it in a folded piece of parchment paper and squeeze between the hair straightener (set to around 300 degrees F) for 3-5 seconds... It actually does work, though the results can vary depending on temperature, amount of pressure applied (the more the better), and moisture content of the buds (if they are really dry, rehydrate them in a mason jar with a wet coffee filter screwed onto the top and placed in a warm place. Or put a drop of water on a bud and let it soak in for a minute).

As for vaping dry herb, there are lots of vaporizers on the market that will do the job quite nicely without any risk of combusting the herb. The first one that comes to my mind is the Arizer Solo. It's a great little battery powered vaporizer, and for many people it's their favorite. I have one, and it's certainly my favorite. You can pick one up from @PuffItUp for around $135 (that includes everything you need to get started). You'd need to call or email Randy from over there at PuffItUp to get that deal. Their website is http://www.puffitup.com/ . Check out the FC thread for the Solo here.

There are other vaporizers worth looking into as well, I would browse through the "Plug-In Vaporizers" and the "Portable Vaporizers" sections here on FC, there's a wealth of information on this forum.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and don't hesitate to ask any questions :)

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
I agree the Solo is a good simple vaporizer, I love mine :) . Also I have a Vapor Genie , which looks just like a pipe but vaporizes rather than combusts, that may be an option. It does take a little practice ( youtube helps) to master, but the price point ($55usd) and lack of dependence on a battery more than make up for it for me. I like the Solo a lot for when I want to have a session and the Genie if I just need a quick dose.

farscaper

A quick-wash with everclear is probably the easiest way to make hash oil. The rosin technique is certainly nifty, but due to it's low yields I wouldn't recommend it to anyone low on funds. Here's a couple of links to instruction guides:

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/easy-to-read-skunk-pharm-qwet-instructions.14177/
I concur. please feel free to join us in the rosin tech and concentrate for n00bs threads even if just to learn some fun facts about our friend cannabis!

might even get a tip or two on how to perfect that extract.

madd catter

Hey all! I sure appreciate the replies! I have sorted all the misc parts and OMG it is a virtual treasure trove! And the more I find the more I need to learn.
Astounding facts I have learned the past week:
1) Don't over stuff concentrates into portable vapes. I tastes nasty and is a bad day for clean-up.
2) Batteries, atomizers, globes are not interchangeable and are not created equal.
3) 'worthless' glycerin tinctures can be re-run and do become more potent.
4) Don't over stuff concentrates into portable vapes. (yes, I learned it a second time.. and a third...
5) Davinci Ascent makes a royal mess if you put anything besides a sen-sen sized glob.

After all this.. I've decided to make molasses cookies out of the glycerin sludge. It is pretty sweet after all and then grind up some of the herb to try vaping into some of the toys. Then.. after properly motivated.. I might try a small batch of quick wash.

List of toys that were included:
Cloupor Cloutank M4 Dry Herb & Wax, Kanger Protank 3 (v2) Dual Coil, Cloupor Cloutank M3 Dry Herb, Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BVC) Glassomizer, Kanger MT3S bottom coil clearomize, Atmos Junior with additional dry atomizer, Atmos Bullet 2-Go +, DaVinci Ascent, DaVinci, Grenco Micro G (v2), Arizer Extreme-Q.

And I will be the first to admit that I know the proper use and care of none of them.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm going to agree with @Bouldorado - Rosin Tech is a low yielder. It's cool but hasn't really been perfected yet. Simple ISO washes or even BHO would be easier than playing with juice.

I'm not too old but I have an incurable disease as well. Dabs are where it's at for immediate relief of my symptoms. If you need help or have questions about what you need to run oil feel free to hit me up. Be careful what you read online, to be completely honest with you most people who blog, chat, teach, and put videos up don't have a clue as to what they're doing.

Skunkpharma is a good place to read. Videos by knotty, brett maverick, matt rize, etc... All good stuff.

Good luck.

Top Bottom