1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Really bad or really good? (Red stuff QWISO)

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by Nok21, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

I have been using all of my ABV for qwiso runs, and I am very happy with my results. Sure, they're impure but it gets me where I need to be on those nights I have trouble sleeping.

Anyway, there is not much to explain- I merely do a simple qwiso run using 91% Iso, using barley enough to cover my ABV. I expose the herbs for no more than 30 seconds (Including shaking time), and then filter that off through a coffee filter. I use a small pyrex dish for evaporation and once the "Tar" (It almost always comes out as a black tar, or at least it has for me every time in the past with ABV) starts to collect at the bottom I scrape that up with a razor blade, and allow that tar to dry out in a stick-proof case with the jar off. In the end, it is a stringy, black goo.

Now, I am have evaporated the last little bit off- and this last bit is not a black goo. It is in fact a red/goldish color that appears to be crystalizing a tad bit as well... Upon scraping it up, the ball looks like it has tiny little needles sticking out of it- like micro shards of glass.

I know that this stuff is either going to be really good or really bad, but I am not sure which. I would love those of you who have more experience with concentrates to help me figure out what I have here before I try dabbing this, as the tiny crystals have thrown me off a little bit.

Any and all input is welcome and appreciated, I will say that I would rather not upload pictures though.

2. MySega

MySega Well-Known Member

I get little glassy shards in my qwiso sometimes too lol. It either has to be wax from the plant or crystals right? I'm not sure. I still dab it and have had no issue.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors