reading when stoned

btka

I have to read a lot nowadays mostly science related stuff (books, papers) and I have difficulties doing it stoned.. ok should be normal as the short time memory as far as I know is concerned when high...

problem is my mind shifts away and I can not concentrate as good...I have often to read a sentence again and again... and it takes much more time to finish what I am reading...
when not high I do not have this difficulties...

I would love to be stoned and able to read (it would be a nice combination but without the problems to focus and concentrate... I thought if there are maybe specific strains which can help or are better for my purpose... (to be realistic I do not think so but who knows...)

what are your experiences regarding beeing high and reading (sciene) books, papers...
do you have recommendations for me...

please share your thoughts...

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I read on FC a lot when I'm high. Usually I can recall most of what I read later. Although if I'm hitting the vape really hard, sometimes it can get a little hazy! :ko:

Definitely has an effect on concentration/focus... My mind tends to wander more it seems...

Being high is a very subjective thing; no two people are going to experience it the same exact way. What works for me might not work for you.

If you need to be clear-minded and focused while you read these things, and you can't do that while high, maybe you need to vape a little less while reading and indulge when you're done? I know, I know, it's easy for me to say. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Could just be the difference between one hit off the vape versus two. Or, as you said, a different strain might provide better results. I don't know.

Do you work in a science-related field, or are you a university student? Just curious since you said you have to read a lot of science-y stuff. I don't really read technical scientific papers or anything like that very often -- most of my reading is done right here on FC, haha. Occasionally I'll skim through a research paper if I come across one that pertains to something I'm interested in. In my experience, it's much easier to sift through all the scientific jargon if I'm not stoned. A little bit buzzed, maybe. But like I said, I don't have much experience reading those types of things. There are members here who would have a better perspective than I, hopefully they'll chime in.

My point was, I think, that it's a very subjective thing, and you need to find something that works for you.

...oh and forget reading, what about writing! I'm way too high for this shit right now... :rofl:

:spliff:

:peace:

Baron23

problem is my mind shifts away and I can not concentrate as good...I have often to read a sentence again and again... and it takes much more time to finish what I am reading...

what are your experiences regarding beeing high and reading

My experience is just like yours....very slow going with little retention when stoned.

btka

@Derrrpp

funny but reading the forum also works for me high (and I enjoy it a lot)... thats why I am distracted from reading my stuff for the university and reading in the fc forum and so on when stoned hahaha

btka,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Lol yeah I wasn't a particularly good student when I was in college. I didn't take it seriously enough...

Good luck!

:peace:

Derrrpp,
Reactions: btka

shredder

I have to read a lot nowadays mostly science related stuff (books, papers) and I have difficulties doing it stoned.. ok should be normal as the short time memory as far as I know is concerned when high...

I would love to be stoned and able to read (it would be a nice combination but without the problems to focus and concentrate... I thought if there are maybe specific strains which can help or are better for my purpose... (to be realistic I do not think so but who knows...)

what are your experiences regarding beeing high and reading (sciene) books, papers...
do you have recommendations for me...

please share your thoughts...

Perhaps you could try a blend, an uplifting sativa, like green crack, jack herer, mixed with some high cbd herb.

I use a 30/70 mix of cannatonic 4/ green crack in my mornings. It gives me energy and I believe it helps me focus.

Although I'm retired, I have a large place, lots of grass to cut, a large garden (indoor and out) and so I always have a lot of stuff to do. Im always fixing something, lately its head gaskets on a tractor engine, tommorow, who knows? And if I were stoned to the max all day nothing would get done.

And I do like to read after indulging, but tech manuals? Not so much, lol. But if that were my job, I'd try a bit of cbd.

vapirtoo

There are many kinds of reading.
Recreational, fun entertainment type reading is easy to do high because of the high interest.
Reading tech journals or legal drafts entails a whole different set of reading goals.
But even these can be read while high if you have the intrinsic interest to get into them.
Everything cannot be done high. IMHO

Top Bottom