RE: Vaping non-exclusively

Hi all,

I feel a bit stupid for asking this but I've been lurking around and I've been reading that smoking and vaping is a bad idea?

I smoke a lot of blunts, but I also enjoy vaping a few times a day for that different high

Is there a legitimate reason for frowning upon this activity, or is it more of a purist/elitist/taboo thing?

Barrelroll,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Nothing wrong at all really. I think that advice might be given to folk that are trying to give up smoking and make the switch to just vaping. Sometimes they say vaping doesn't 'hit the spot', and my advice would be that it does, but they aren't realising it because the smoking is masking it. For these folk sticking to just vapor for a week or two some times helps to realise that it works well.

that makes sense...People can be addicted to more than just THC. for example, my blunts. Gotta get my tobacco on.. And joints - it's nice to have a smoke in your hand and have a bunch of smoke to blow out. On the contrary, the VG hits the spot quite well (hemp wick helps) and the MFLB is nice too, albeit inconvenient without a power adapter. Thinking about getting a DBV.

Barrelroll,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I can only speak for myself but after i stopped combusting and more importantly, after i stopped mixing tobacco with my herbs, the urge to smoke and get high was lost.

Nowadays i can be a day without vaporizing and i am completely okay with it, before if i didn't smoke a joint an hour or two after waking up, i would start getting really pissed off at random stuff and generally ansious.

I thought i was addicted to MJ, turns out it was the nicotine that drove my consumption to the roof.

Funny, since my first vape was a genie, than a dbv. Both excelent choices IMO. But be sure to research thoroughly, since there are many options nowadays. :)

yeah, and if i wait til the end of the day to smoke I get too high and its not enjoyable at all....

Barrelroll,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If it is too high, you can always lower the amount of herb. Better less tolerance than higher, i believe.

vorrange,

djonkoman

if you're vaping fpr your health you'd better switch completely, but if you aren't concerned about your health that doesn't matter. I still combust too, but I've always preferred vaping(the high, taste and experience), so if I can vape I will vape. so at home I rarely combust, and if I combust it's often ABV since combusting fresh weed seems wastefull to me since I can also vape it, get a better high and taste from it and use less. but abv doesn't have that wastefull aspect so I'm more comfortable combusting it, so if I do feel like combusting I just take some abv.

away from home I combust more often, I really like my dugout+onehitter for a quick toke outdoors, also have a VG but if I use that outdoor it can be a bit cumbersome dealing with the wind, and if it's sunny I can't see the flame from my jet torch lighter, so I prefer the VG for indoors(for example at the bar, or a friend's house), and combustion fpr outdoors. maybe I'll get a MFLB or so in the future for outdoor vaping, but I don't actually smoke that often outdoor so that's for when I have some more money to spend again and want to get myself a nice gift. my onehitter I do smoke with unvaped weed btw, I always have my dugout with some weed in the stashcompartment with me, but don't actually use it much, just nice to always have it with me, when it's nice sunny weather and I'm driving ome in my bicycle I can just stop at a nice bench and load the onehitter a few times, enjoy the view for a while and continue on my way

djonkoman,

quentin123

I had to vape for a couple of weeks straight before I stopped smoking. I actually had a DBV for 6 months and still smoked. One thing I have noticed since I totally stopped smoking is that when I first vaped \i would be sitting there hitting it for like 20 minutes and WHAM, I was totally melted whearas now I feel the effects almost as I'm hitting a vape, very similarly to a spliff (I always mixed my joints with tobacco).
I can definitely absorb vapor much more effectively than before and I always seemed to have a mental of image of tar from smoke covering the lungs and blocking them from effectively absorb vapor. May all just be in my head though. . .

quentin123,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

I'm a former tobacco & hashish smoker and i feel i was much more "hooked" to my habbit than i am now with vaporization alone. Perhaps smoking cannabis products makes them more addictive, i wonder. Or maybe it's an age thing and it doesn't matter much if one smokes anyway. All i can tell is that it did me good to say no to smoke and never look back on that decision...

:peace:

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
It seems silly to me to smoke a 1 gram in a joint and get medicated once when I could take that same gram and get fly 10+ times. If you have lower-quality herbs or want the stony effect of the higher-temp cannabinoids (and the oxygen deprivation high) induced by smoking, then smoking is by no means stupid. It's like comparing driving a car to riding a bike: just because you have a car doesn't mean you can't ever ride your bike.

Bleezy,
Reactions: Ratm22

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I had to vape for a couple of weeks straight before I stopped smoking. I actually had a DBV for 6 months and still smoked. One thing I have noticed since I totally stopped smoking is that when I first vaped \i would be sitting there hitting it for like 20 minutes and WHAM, I was totally melted whearas now I feel the effects almost as I'm hitting a vape, very similarly to a spliff (I always mixed my joints with tobacco).
I can definitely absorb vapor much more effectively than before and I always seemed to have a mental of image of tar from smoke covering the lungs and blocking them from effectively absorb vapor. May all just be in my head though. . .

quentin123, not in your head man! i feel exactly the same, heavy joint smoker for 5 years, after 1month of joint custody (pun not intended, :D), i switched completely and now, although the vape high still creeps a little, i feel the effects imediatly like in spliffs. Very nice indeed.

I am positive it has to do with cleaning your lungs since it was not something i noticed when i first started and now, when i inhale deeply i feel my lungs really expanding.

vorrange,

Nosferatu

I think if your body is craving smoke for some reason, just go for it. If you can take a clean smoke hit just as easy as vapor, then i think your lungs are in good enough condition to smoke a little. Some people abuse smoke daily long time and now can only vape. But if you have never done this and know you won't ever let it happen, toke comfortably every now and then. Besides only a few studies have been done on long term weed only smokers, and they both concluded it doesn't lead to reduced lung function. LIFESTYLE DOES!

Last night the cloud just wasn't doing it for me so I torched a little bowl out of my bubbler. The big smooth cloud of vapor/smoke was much more efficient for me at the time to get in my cannabinoids than many more hits off the vape would of been. I LOVE vaping but remember its a machine that requires electricity, smoking the weed is still an efficient way of inhaling the desirables. Unless you have shitty weed that is....

Nosferatu,
Top Bottom