RDA Wicks for your Convection Device

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Obviously cotton is a common wicking material, unfortunately it doesn't last above 500F when vaping in convection. Stainless steel doesn't hold it well, I have been using my W9 ceramic disc in my Underdog and that has been really impressive but I definitely need something to grasp these oils better.

Has anyone tried ReadyXWick or ekowool or even different cottons like japanese cotton in their vapes for oils.

Any opinions over anything slightly mentioned in this.

Jokermachine

Well-Blown Member
Guess I'm not the only one looking for a better option.
Right now I use ss wool, but had to double it up in a short 18mm male to 18mm male glass adapter, which is what I use for the stem. Seems the shatter was dripping all the way through and going into the bubbler when only using one wad. After each hit, the hot resin drains to other end of the wad and so I turn the stem over and push the wad through the adapter(stem) to the other end for the next hit. This seems to work well with hardly any leakage. I just have to not put too big of a chunk of shatter in the stem at one time.
After hitting, it seems best to wait till it cools a bit, to avoid a mess of resin on your tool. Using this method gets me tons of hits without having to take the wad out and mess with it.
Hope this helps

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Obviously cotton is a common wicking material, unfortunately it doesn't last above 500F when vaping in convection. Stainless steel doesn't hold it well, I have been using my W9 ceramic disc in my Underdog and that has been really impressive but I definitely need something to grasp these oils better.

Has anyone tried ReadyXWick or ekowool or even different cottons like japanese cotton in their vapes for oils.

Any opinions over anything slightly mentioned in this.
Yup... I've used generic 100% cotton balls from CVS, the 400' cotton boxes, up to Goh Ken Do cotton pads and another brand of cotton pads, as well as rayon. This is for both my cannabis vaporizer and my electronic cigarette. Was also gifted a small amount of degummed hemp fiber for the Solo. I like the rayon the most for both vapes actually. Like already mentioned the rayon will hold on for a couple hundred degrees f compared to cotton. I also found that, at least with my ecig, that when I first wick with cotton the flavor is a little muted and has a very mild "cotton" taste to it, but it's not combustion because I checked. Rayon doesn't have this problem for me. I can get my ecig wicks practically bone dry and not get a dry hit.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Well I've tried all these materials and I just don't know.

I've combusted in all when doing dabs, rayon is better for resistance but gets darkened by heat quick, hemp gives the best high temp flavor but I've tried each one by themselves and have found they all will give their own vapor before they combust all tests were done with the Hammer.

These have been fun and work but I'm not too sure how much I want to keep using them.

Top Bottom