RBT Milaana stems by cannabis.pro

little maggie

This thread discusses the top hat stems, as they are a 420edc creation :)
I thought so but didn't see them for sale on his website. And how does everyone keep up with all the development? I expressed interest before the top hat was developed and then forgot about it. So is too late to get a tophat?
Ok- just not in the RBT section. I'm off to order.

Last edited:
little maggie,

little maggie

I've now read all the pages and still have questions. I'm excited about being able to buy miron glass. I'd been looking into it but hadn't found something that would work for storage.
My main question is about use with water. Which stem are people finding works best? Short/long; screened or unscreened? Or is there a separate gong that I'm missing?
I'll have time to practice before my zion arrives. :)

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I've now read all the pages and still have questions. I'm excited about being able to buy miron glass. I'd been looking into it but hadn't found something that would work for storage.
My main question is about use with water. Which stem are people finding works best? Short/long; screened or unscreened? Or is there a separate gong that I'm missing?
I'll have time to practice before my zion arrives. :)

For use through water, you'll just want to grab one of 14:18 or 18:18 WPA. There is a screen in those. I think the TopHats work best with the short or medium stem as I can control the draw better than thru H2O.

The Miron Glass is now vintage from Vitality Glass, they were the innovators in selling Miron empty but they're over run by competition in the industry and race to the bottom pricing. They went out of business last month.

little maggie

My package came today and everything looks perfect. I love the glass containers. I have a question. I know that this is probably brainless to most people but mine is a bit slow- or a lot slow- with anything that is visual/spatial. And I can figure this out with some trial and error but in order to avoid wasting any herbs- which end of the top hat (screened or open) faces the built in stem screen?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My package came today and everything looks perfect. I love the glass containers. I have a question. I know that this is probably brainless to most people but mine is a bit slow- or a lot slow- with anything that is visual/spatial. And I can figure this out with some trial and error but in order to avoid wasting any herbs- which end of the top hat (screened or open) faces the built in stem screen?

Open end :)

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker

Actually the screen end goes in first. So it is just like the normal Milaana stem where the base of material is directly exposed to the air coming from the heater. Don't grind too fine when filling the TopHat, and it helps to cold draw on it from the screen side before loading it into a stem, just to pull any loose material through that may not be held by the screen.

Use the short stem to learn the lift off. You need to be drawing hard enough to physically pull the TopHat off the stainless steel screen and you'll hit it click and lodge with the internal glass screen in the stem. If you can't draw hard, try tipping your Milaana back like you are drinking a beer or soda while drawing on the stem, it should stay seated as long as you continue to draw. Release of the draw releases the TopHat.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shit Snacks

Oh whoops that's actually what I meant lol got confused and thought she had wrote built in heater screen. My mistake! Btw thanks to a generous member here I finally have one of your glass screened 18-18 male to male stems coming. Can't wait to test it out, will have to try the top hats some day too

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

Love this. I tried it with water and had no problem. I think it should be added to the milaana kit. A unique stem might make it more marketable.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ah what a great thread, these look perfect for the tubo and I'm wondering if I can use the 14/18 adapter in the mistvape touch.

@cannabis.pro I wanted to ask if you think the screened water adapter would work with being heated directly by a butane torch? I was hoping to use it to replace the glass piece of my DLX One. Do you think it would hold up?

Here's the DLX One, it works a like the triihouse and sticky brick vapes with the torch heating directly into the top glass heat intake:
IMG_20170706_173336.jpg

Here's another adapter I tried yesterday, kind of a worse version of yours.
IMG_20170724_184944_1.jpg

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: duff

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@cannabis.pro I wanted to ask if you think the screened water adapter would work with being heated directly by a butane torch? I was hoping to use it to replace the glass piece of my DLX One. Do you think it would hold up?

I don't think the glass would be an issue unless you put enough heat to it to melt it, which would be pretty damn intense for a butane torch.

I have more glass ordered but it will likely be a few weeks. Or do you already have our 14:19?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I don't think the glass would be an issue unless you put enough heat to it to melt it, which would be pretty damn intense for a butane torch.

I have more glass ordered but it will likely be a few weeks. Or do you already have our 14:19?
I don't have anything of yours yet, but I've already got a full basket going on your site.

That's good news about the glass, I'm going to grab the 18/18 (19/19?) one to use with my DLX One. I hate messing with the screens in the glass adapter, this will be absolutely perfect for it.

Also some stems and top hats for my tubo that's on the way. Can't wait to get this stuff and start playing with it.

StormyPinkness,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I don't have anything of yours yet, but I've already got a full basket going on your site.

That's good news about the glass, I'm going to grab the 18/18 (19/19?) one to use with my DLX One. I hate messing with the screens in the glass adapter, this will be absolutely perfect for it.

Also some stems and top hats for my tubo that's on the way. Can't wait to get this stuff and start playing with it.
Thanks for the potential support. Just received an update from our glass team and they will be able to get us our order quicker than I expected. We are going to do a small beta run as we've expanded the glass line to now include some new pieces (large stems with a 45˚ towards the mouthpiece end). I'm also banking on RBT working out a stainless steel screen solution from a domestic supplier so that we'll be able to sell glass that doesn't use the TopHat system. We'll see how that works out as time passes.

Are you planning on grinding your material or just using it unground?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Thanks for the potential support. Just received an update from our glass team and they will be able to get us our order quicker than I expected. We are going to do a small beta run as we've expanded the glass line to now include some new pieces (large stems with a 45˚ towards the mouthpiece end). I'm also banking on RBT working out a stainless steel screen solution from a domestic supplier so that we'll be able to sell glass that doesn't use the TopHat system. We'll see how that works out as time passes.

Are you planning on grinding your material or just using it unground?
Always unground. I usually hand tear and sometimes whole nugs.

I was going to grab a short slim stem, top hat, medium screened stem, and an 18/18 adapter to start with.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I posted this in the tubo thread, thought it might belong in here too:

Tried out some of the stems with glass screens and I really like them. I got a water adapter, medium stem with a screen, and a screenless short stem with a top hat insert. The medium stem with a glass screen has a huge bowl and the tube is wide open, no restriction. The short stem with the top hat insert makes the bowl much smaller and adds some restriction to the draw even though the tube size is the same. The water adapter works well, no complaints on the glass screen in there. I think I like the top hat sized bowl the most, I didn't need to stir it. Overall I really like them and I love having them in my toolbox to use with other stuff.

I did have a couple of small issues. All the basket screens I have don't fit. I still used it in the medium stem loose and just put the stem in upside down. Also I like the hand tear and then crush that with my hand or a stir tool after a bit and that got me a mouthful of tiny flower bits. I think you need a medium and up grind and no crushing. Also the top hat has a little space with the fit so you need to inhale so it clinks up against the ledge in the stem or tilt it so it does. Wasn't an issue for me, but could be for some people.

Again I really like them, I want a screenless medium stem to use with my top hat insert whenever that's back in stock.

IMG_20170801_194005.jpg

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@StormyPinkness thanks for your feedback. The thought on giving the TopHats some space to fit is that it pulls the load away from the heat source to offset any combustion potential. After using these things now exclusively with my Tubo Evic, I am all about not grinding at all with the system.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Larger tophats? I didn't know they came in more than 1 size. Tophats are great for those who haven't tried them.

Apologies on the back to back post: Figured it would be wise to discuss this here rather than derail the Tubo Evic thread any further with TopHat discussions.

There were some minor changes between batches of glass. Later batch was a little bigger than initial batch. Next arriving batch will likely be the specification moving forward.

@Shit Snacks how'd you wind up with a GonG and no TopHat?

Shit Snacks

Apologies on the back to back post: Figured it would be wise to discuss this here rather than derail the Tubo Evic thread any further with TopHat discussions.

There were some minor changes between batches of glass. Later batch was a little bigger than initial batch. Next arriving batch will likely be the specification moving forward.

@Shit Snacks how'd you wind up with a GonG and no TopHat?

Another generous member had one he wasn't using and offered to send it to me so I could try it. I remember when you first released them there was an useage option without the tophat, which was what I had been looking for ever since beta testing Zion, something more like the Solo stems with fixed glass screen and no need for mesh, though the bowl here is huge

The tophats didn't interest me as much bc of having the separate parts, but I guess they are pretty necessary after all bc they offer small holes, screen closer to the heater, and narrower as well? But then the tophat doesn't need the internal glass screen in the stem does it? I can lock into one of the stems without internal screen right? That seems like it's be better with less glass mass to rob heat perhaps? I know I still need to try it...

I've only gotten to try the GonG a couple times, couldn't get any mesh basket screen in there to get load closer to heater as I like, so that has made thing trickier. I had tried a whole nug, but it didn't work too well bc it needed to be broken up to further extract more than a taste, and then it was bit city in my mouth lol

Top Bottom