Raw cannabis juice

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
A while back I heard about people in California claiming medical benefit from drinking raw cannabis leaf juice.

I was able to get ahold of three fresh large fan leaves tonight and blended then in my blender with an ounce of water. Filtered through a nylon mesh coffee filter produced this deep green liquid.

I quickly drank it and I'd say it tasted like a combination of every single reason I didn't want to eat my vegetables as a kid. I won't be don't that again...... Ever.

But it might be something I could try in my breakfast smoothie.

So, has anybody tried this. Any benefit. Yes, I do know it won't make me high. But I am hoping that my metabolism might do interesting things with fresh living cannabis cellular contents that it cannot do with dried and preserved buds.

gextkax.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Yup.

Our grower gives us bags of leaves after her trimming, which I blend up with water and freeze as cubes. Then, we make a regular Green Smoothie, adding a couple of canna ice cubes rather than plain ones.

One main reason we are growing is for juicing/smoothies.

Also, cannabis leaves go very well with carrot.. if you have a good juicer, blend some carrot juice in, too.

I'm gonna have to bring a duffel with me, aren't I?

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
I guess I'll start paying attention at the thrift store until I find a functional juicer.

Then I'll to figure out a way to actually afford juicing.....

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I'm a strong believer in consuming the entire plant to optimize the complete & balanced health benefits of this amazing natural medicine.

I toss a sprinkle of my avb and add some fresh leaves/pieces into my smoothies on a regular basis as a preventative health measure.

It's true that cannabis is not pyschoactive until it the cannabinoid acids have been decarboxylated through heating. But these cannabinoid acids can be very beneficial to our health in many ways that are different than their corresponding cannbinoid counterparts. They do not seem to activate the CB1 and CB2 receptors (or do so in a different way that the cannabinoids are able to do). Another area where much more research is required...

I believe that adding these fresh leaves and our avb to our regular diet, in conjunction with vaping can work either as a powerful preventative, or to address individual health problems effectively. The plant is just so damn synergistic, that all these methods are able to work together in balance and regulation, imo.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Great. Would really appreciate any smart chemist take on so much of this stuff here and everywhere on this forum. In a past life, I was an analytical and research chemist in the pharmaceuticals and biotech, but cannabis chemistry is still new to me and and it's now been 5 years since I've been in any research lab. I am still educable, I think.

I'm also rather excited because my first expedition to find a nearly free thrift store juicer was an immediate success. I found an old Krups Optifruit for $3. It's small and has too many parts with too many nooks and crannies for goo to stick into, but all the pieces are dishwasher safe, so that makes up for it a bit. Generally, the heavier duty the better for this sort of appliance, but lightweight and small is all I need to make my fresh fruit canna juice, especially since I rely shouldn't be lifting even heavy small appliances like a stand mixer or high end juicer. I bought a discount bag of Fiji apples last night and the juice is divine.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Be sure, @ChippyMalone to not include any stems in your juicing.

Cannabis is a member of the Hemp family... it would be like trying to juice a rope.

Stick with smaller leaves, and buds (if, for some reason, you have fresh buds you'd rather ingest, that is). If you are actually juicing them, run them through in really small batches, about a third of what you'd do for spinach leaves, for example.

I've had several juicers, and my current one is a Hurom ... it's in storage. sigh. Have to go get it...

I would juice the carrots, then blend the fresh leaves into the carrot juice along with an apple, maybe, and some ice to keep it cold.

Hmm, I think it's snack time...

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Be sure, @ChippyMalone to not include any stems in your juicing.

Cannabis is a member of the Hemp family... it would be like trying to juice a rope.

Stick with smaller leaves, and buds (if, for some reason, you have fresh buds you'd rather ingest, that is). If you are actually juicing them, run them through in really small batches, about a third of what you'd do for spinach leaves, for example.

I've had several juicers, and my current one is a Hurom ... it's in storage. sigh. Have to go get it...

I would juice the carrots, then blend the fresh leaves into the carrot juice along with an apple, maybe, and some ice to keep it cold.

Hmm, I think it's snack time...
I have used my Champion juicer for over 20 years now, and still going strong! There is NOTHING it can't handle with ease, including fresh coconut chunks for the best coconut cream you ever had. Last week I brought home a bushel of Fuji apples and made several bottles of the best apple juice I've ever had - and what made it soooo much better was adding 5 orange/cinnamon teabags made by Marketspice (beyond incredible tea, so full of terpenes that the bags leave an oily sheen on the fingers)! Try it for yourselves: make the juice and bottle it, add the teabags and shake like crazy and often for the most amazing tea-infused juice treat you'll ever have. Add to that fresh canna leaves and buds to your juicing machine process now and extend your lifespan to at least 150 healthy years!!! :p:brow::D;):nod:

Last edited:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@Enchantre thanks for the juicing tips. While it should be obvious about the hemp stems, I'm quite positive I would have juiced them! Thanks for saving me that headache.

@Snappo That spiced apple tea sounds amazing. And the funny thing is that Fuji's were the sale apples this week, so I bought ten pounds and made a quart of juice from some of them. I'll have to add the tea because that sounds amazing!

I think back to my first experiences here just looking for objective reviews of vaporizers that were written by intelligent adults, particularly actual medical users. I really was just looking for purchasing advice, and I had no idea that I'd end up making some really great friends and learning so much more about how to better take care of myself.

Top Bottom