Raspberry Kush ??

MinnBobber

I had a micro dose of Raspberry Kush and got very medicated, plus it had a very nice flavor.

But it dried me out, immediately and totally. My mouth became an instant desert.
Anybody else find this to be the case when you vaped Rasp Kush?
This was like 10X the dry-mouth effect of other varieties .

MinnBobber,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I wonder if your Rasp Kush was super high in THC? Or maybe you were a bit dehydrated to begin with? I get really extra dry cotton mouth when I overdo it with edibles. A little science behind it.

Cannabis gives you cottonmouth because compounds in the herb interact with cells that control saliva secretion. When inhaled, the primary psychoactive in the herb, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), connects with special cell sites called cannabinoid receptors.

THC is one of a group of over 100 different chemical compounds in the cannabis plant called cannabinoids.

Different types of these receptors are found throughout the brain and body. It’s the interaction between chemicals in the cannabis plant and these receptors that produce the therapeutic and psychoactive effects in cannabis.

There are cannabinoid receptors on the salivary glands in the mouth. When inhaled, smoke or vapor containing cannabinoids and beneficial aroma molecules called terpenoids interacts with the tissue in the mouth first, prior to being absorbed by the lungs and taken into the bloodstream.

When compounds like THC engage with cannabinoid receptors in the mouth, they reduce the flow of saliva and give you cottonmouth.

acolyte

I didn't notice excessive dry mouth but did notice even the super cheap outdoor raspberry kush I got was sooo good. I believe most of them are heavy indicas which tend to have more body feeling and perhaps cottonmouth as a result as well as what CarolKing said above?

MinnBobber

I'm very familiar with the "side-effect" of dry mouth but it's so odd that this would be so so pronounced.
With all the other varieties I've tried , the cottonmouth effect averaged like 1.5/ 10 but this Rasp Kush
dry mouth was 9/10. Very odd.

MinnBobber,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
When compounds like THC engage with cannabinoid receptors in the mouth, they reduce the flow of saliva and give you cottonmouth.
Interesting! - sounds like a good thing for the dentist :D
But somehow i get quite the opposite with some sweet pine tasting maroc hash, the taste just makes feel like homer simpson dreaming of donuts....
maybe there are some terps who trigger that? Moroccon genetics seem to be loaded with Pinen and Pinenoxyde which makes a great part of that uniqe flavour (up to 9% by my literature)

Used2use,
Reactions: CarolKing

ginolicious

Never had such a kush. Never heard of it. Now I want to try it. Some weeds give bad cotton mouth for me. I'm usually drinking a beer when I vape.

hinglemccringleberry

Haven't had it but I did get some Blueberry Kush from a dispensary on a visit to Portland a few months back. It climbed to my all-time favorites list as soon as I had that 1st session. Are you sure there weren't other factors contributing to the cottonmouth at the time you just happened to be vaping raspberry kush? I have no reliable way to determine if certain strains give me more cottonmouth than others.

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: MinnBobber
Top Bottom