1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Rapid Fire Pocket Puffer

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by Abysmal Vapor, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

lol

2. scottg402

scottg402 Well-Known Member

So I have tried to reach out to Tom Allinder requesting a status update and no word yet.

I must say though that while I am not going to turn down a free vape and am pleased with the opportunity to test it, this thing is facing an uphill battle to win me over.

Comparing it to some very similar devices in features and style are going to put it to the test. I will be matching it against the Haze, Pax, FM and soon to be acquired Indica V2. I love these devices and I don't see right off where the Puffer will have any significant advantage over these (at least on paper).

It's most likely going to come down to performance and I realize that I will be testing a beta unit so you have to temper your expectations with that.

Either way I will be happy to provide some good honest feedback to make this better. That is when it shows up at my door step. Whenever that is! :lol:

I will check back if I hear something from them. Hopefully they ate getting closer to getting some units on the street.

3. lmoye22

lmoye22 New Member

Looks very promising and hope this is released soon. Is this the same company as the makers of Haze Vaporizer? That as well has dual bowls and that's the biggest winner for me.

4. scottg402

It is not. No release date in sight for now.

Yes the dual bowl concept is great!

Vape Dr. likes this.
  5. ataxian

ataxian California

LOL is so perfect!

6. scottg402

Just reporting what I was told guys. I agree this sounds ridiculous.

At this point who knows what's going on with this. They have fallen off the map. I have sent a couple notes and received nothing in response. Maybe that will change and maybe not......

ataxian likes this.
  7. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

never recieved an reply from this guys, but apparently they have added me to their shareholders mailing list?! :/

seems like a first small batch will be delivered within the next two weeks and handed out to the winners of their drawing.

anyway, the haze vaporizer seems much more advanced to me, so I guess these guys have already lost the race

Shit Snacks and scottg402 like this.
  8. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Just received and e-mail as update :)Though i should share :)

Pocket Puffer Update 13 November 2014
    As most of you know, we received the first production unit of the PocketPuffer® Dry Herb Vaporizer at the beginning of August. After testing the unit for functionality and battery life, necessary modifications were made at the factory. Additionally, several upgrades were added into the first production round which will be used for testing-- including testing by our drawing winners.

Just over 3 weeks ago, we were notified by the factory representative that the first production round of the PocketPuffer®was nearly complete and the company was going to be receiving the vaporizer units within two weeks.

However, at Quality Control before shipping, it was discovered that the LED lights on these units were malfunctioning. It was necessary that we withhold shipping approval until the completion of troubleshooting and repairs were rendered. Once this process is complete, the units will be shipped.

Again, once all feedback from the first production round is gathered (including the winners of the drawing), modifications/upgrades will be made at the factory before a full production round of 2300 units with a retail value of $200,000 will begin.

We are very reluctant at this point to give timelines (given our history of unforeseen delays), but the PocketPuffer® will go into full production and will be for sale once we have completed evaluation on the first production round.

It is important to us that the final unit that goes up for sale to the general public is completely free of problems and defects. We cannot and will not rush these units into the hands of consumers just for the sake of getting them to market. We are not going to put ourselves in the position of processing large amounts of returns of units that do not work well or are defective. The marketing blowback would be devastating. When we finally announce the market launch of the Pocket Puffer, consumers, shareholders and the company will be assured of its quality.

Please bear with us as we work towards bringing the best possible vaporizer unit to the marketplace. :tinfoil:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors