Random thoughts

GetLeft

gear_prudence.58921aa60b674.jpg

The song does rock though, no?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv drove over 2000 miles so far on my american adventure... the hire car was brand new, and has had one hell of break in....
Epecially pulling it heavy arse up pikes peak....
xCuPpPO.jpg

vpYxoDl.jpg

Colorado was amazing, i could never get bored of the mountains and roads, not to mention the special produce...

But im back in omaha now for a while before returning to chicago..

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Sorry for double posting...

Starting to think i misjudged how much product i should have bought from colorado...

Iv only got 4 days left here, a gram of agent orange budder at 71%, and about 5 grams of assorted flowers... thats a tall order for me, with just my vapcap and solo...

If i had my evo im sure it would be easier...

My conclusions from my dispensary visits are this....
Im not too impressed with the flower really, sure its nice, but what i make at home is just as nice, but cured better...
I got 2 grams of purple dogbud at 32% from maggies farm, and i can assure you it was harvested within the last 10 days... fresh as hell... not what was in the sample jars...
And if this is cannabis at 32%, i need to go home and get mine tested... must be up in the 40s.....???? Im sceptical of their testing, i know its not all about thc...

Emerald fields was better by far, but when i asked the budtender how long something was cured for, she didnt have a clue...

Anyway im secretly delighted that my flowers are equal, if not better than your dispensary produce, its a nice pat on the back for me...
Conformation that im doing a good job...

But on the other hand...
My concentrate needs work....

Your concentrates kick arse compared to what i make, i need to buy some tech when i get home....

And maybe ask @herbivore21 for some help... if he would...

I want to have this in my evo....

wE8cglq.jpg

Smuggling?????? Hmmmmm.....
Would it go unnoticed in a make up bag, full of lots of bits of glass containing waxy make up things?????

Need to make a choice... do i stop using it and bring it home???
Or hurry up and try to consume it all before i leave????

Probably not worth the risk....

Oh and fuck knows what your bugs have been eating, caue they are a bastard to clean off...
Its like tree sap??? I suppose its probably sugar like everything else here...

This is not a breakfast isle....
jPvGOkI.jpg

Iv had stomach ache since being here, everything has corn syrup in it, i can't wait to get home to healthy food...
Im surprised you guys make it past 30......

Last edited:

Squiby

Iv had stomach ache since being here, everything has corn syrup in it, i can't wait to get home to healthy food...
Not everyone eats like that. I'm sure the States must be the same as Canada in that respect. And you're right that those that do eat processed sugary stuff (i wouldn't call it food...) would surely significantly shorten their life span. For example, I eat only organic produce (and lots of it), local small farm raised meat and healthy fats. No sugars or corn sugar or additives of any kind. I cook my food and never buy prepared stuff. My friends and family have similar habits. But for those with other tastes, the items you point out are available for purchase everywhere. I often wonder who buys that stuff. I have never tasted any of the items in your picture.

Anyway im secretly delighted that my flowers are equal, if not better than your dispensary produce, its a nice pat on the back for me...

I've had a similar experience. I do love the variety that the dispensaries offer. But, my own homegrown is often superior. I cure for several months and the resulting vapor is super smooth, tastey and the effects are top notch.

But, still I like the variety of the dispensaries.

I too have to get on the rosin making train. Could it really be as easy as buying a hair straightener?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Squiby from what i can see, organic healthier foods are very expensive here..

Even just fruit is expensive here, its far cheaper to buy crap, or even eat takeaway every night...
This does not encourage a healthy country and youth....

A decent chicken here is over 10 dollars, in the uk is £3.50...
5 dollars for a bag of oranges that would be 2 quid in the uk....

I can see how people cant afford to eat well here...
In the uk we have had a massive drive to ensure our kids are healthier...

When i get home, i have some top cola og kush thats about a year old and very very well cured... i look forward to that...

Iv really bonded withy new vapcp on this trip (im sure you will be please to know), performing admirably with the concentrate....

Unfortunately its not as easy as some straighteners to achieve good yields and quality...
Im happier with solvents for now... just need to improve my method of purging...
Or maybe bubble is the way to go???

Squiby

from what i can see, organic healthier foods are very expensive here..
Yeah. You make a very good point. Healthy food can be very expensive here, especially organic meat which is unbelievably expensive.

I remember a couple friends travelling to the UK maybe 30 years ago commenting on the high cost of food, restaurant food that is. I guess the tables have turned.

Good on the UK for making a concerted effort to encourage your youth to eat healthy foods! An effort that will reward the next generation with longer happier healthier lives.

MinnBobber

Im not too impressed with the flower really, sure its nice, but what i make at home is just as nice, but cured better...
......................................................................................................
My experience with CO dispensaries is basically the same. I found really nice flowers BUT they needed more cure time. The good news is that I can finish that myself with time and Boveda packs. Hence, some 2 year old CO samples that are primo.

One manager was from MN too, so we got chatting about their product and she was bragging that they cure theirs................
1o days. WTF???? What's the rush, it's all going to sell!

I never did try any CO concentrates, but next trip I definitely need to try some !!!!!!

It's tough to leave bud behind. I went to Amsterdam in 2016 and really wanted to bring my leftovers home but
decided it wasn't worth it. Donated to a lady we met.
Hope you had a great trip!

herbivore21

All you need to do is drop me a line brother, always happy to help you, you're a stand up guy :peace:

Would it go unnoticed in a make up bag, full of lots of bits of glass containing waxy make up things?????
Don't do it man. You can make wonderful extracts for yourself from your wonderful flowers (I've seen enough nugshots of yours to know that :D) and not risk your hide with the authorities. I'd do some large dabs and finish the wax you bought or find some FC friends who can take the errl off your hands :)

I do sympathize with your position, I would find it difficult to be able to finish all that in 4 days easily too :rofl:

Do you have SS wool to put your concentrates into the vapcap btw? Damn it would be hard to finish a gram of wax in that time otherwise lol

I've had a similar experience. I do love the variety that the dispensaries offer. But, my own homegrown is often superior. I cure for several months and the resulting vapor is super smooth, tastey and the effects are top notch.
Just goes to show, my friends: The person who produces for their head, and not the mass market, always produces the best nugs in my experience. Mass market product is never the best.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
All you need to do is drop me a line brother, always happy to help you, you're a stand up guy

Thanks, ill take you up on this offer when i get home, if i can produce something half as good as yours look, ill be happy...
I realise i need to spend some cash and thats fine, its just deciding where to spend it.. i like the idea of solventless, but dont wanna spend a fortune on a decent press...
Anyway a discussion for another time...

Do you have SS wool to put your concentrates into the vapcap btw? Damn it would be hard to finish a gram of wax in that time otherwise lol

I dont have a concentrate pad, iv beem trying to find one in a head shop, but no luck.....
So iv been using it sandwiched within the uncured (damn well fresh) purple dogbud 32%, from maggies farm....
Having so much moisture still remaining is allowing me to push the temps....

Other than that its cotton...

Not too efficient, but im on holiday, and its certainty doing the job....

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Even just fruit is expensive here, its far cheaper to buy crap, or even eat takeaway every night...
This does not encourage a healthy country and youth..
So many ways I can comment on that one. Foodstuff that has a long shelf life and can be sold in gas stations is plentiful and more so in super markets in rural areas. Then you have the breakfast isle where they keep the cereal. :lol: You found the Hostess products, I see from your pic. The Oat-creme pies from Little Debbies are almost pure confectionery sugar frosting with other exotic sugars, If I remember.
I try to shop on the outer rim of the store. Where they keep the less processed food. Produce, Dairy etc.

There has to be enough people in a given area to make a health food store sustainable. More chains and food choices are filtering in. But a town of say 2000 with the next outlying town over 60m away, well you get the idea and perhaps the change of demographics.

I live in CNY, So there is enough change up in the terrain with the finger lakes and a longer local history. A few more 100+ year old buildings and Colonial period houses with Cupolas.
250px-Boardman_House%2C_Ithaca%2C_NY.JPG

Early American Roads and Trails

Guarantee you have enough older buildings and structures where you live. Narrow odd streets designed before ox carts set a standard for what is considered structured roads.

Less grid patterned counties and roads. More what is dictated by rivers, hills and lakes. You got to see that transition in your journey to some extent.

Be safe!!:wave:

Sorry for double posting...

Starting to think i misjudged how much product i should have bought from colorado...

Iv only got 4 days left here, a gram of agent orange budder at 71%, and about 5 grams of assorted flowers... thats a tall order for me, with just my vapcap and solo...

If i had my evo im sure it would be easier...

I got 2 grams of purple dogbud at 32% from maggies farm, and i can assure you it was harvested within the last 10 days... fresh as hell... not what was in the sample jars...
And if this is cannabis at 32%, i need to go home and get mine tested... must be up in the 40s.....???? Im sceptical of their testing, i know its not all about thc...

Emerald fields was better by far, but when i asked the budtender how long something was cured for, she didnt have a clue...

Conformation that im doing a good job...

But on the other hand...
My concentrate needs work....

Your concentrates kick arse compared to what i make, i need to buy some tech when i get home....

I want to have this in my evo....

wE8cglq.jpg

Need to make a choice... do i stop using it and bring it home???
Or hurry up and try to consume it all before i leave????

Probably not worth the risk....

Oh and fuck knows what your bugs have been eating, caue they are a bastard to clean off...
Its like tree sap??? I suppose its probably sugar like everything else here...

This is not a breakfast isle....
jPvGOkI.jpg

My 2 cents dude. Do not even think about taking it home. Terrible move.
It's been fun hearing about your travels.

Squiby

There has to be enough people in a given area to make a health food store sustainable. More chains and food choices are filtering in. But a town of say 2000 with the next outlying town over 60m away, well you get the idea and perhaps the change of demographics.

Very true.

I live outside a village of 800. There are no chains or box stores, just local enterprise. But we have a grocery store that has won awards for its plethora of organic produce and a surprising number and variety of other healthy products. If it weren't for the fact that this little village is also a resort and port for water travellers we would not enjoy these luxuries. From April through October our population explodes to tens of thousands of holidaying summer people.

On the off season, our grocery store is unable to justify stocking the shelves, even in small amounts of the same quality of fresh produce. They just don't sell enough of it to make it worthwhile. Many of the other little stores our summer people frequent close during the winter. So, no bakery or pizza or coffee shops.

So, from Oct through March I travel to a neighbouring town for my good eats.

I like the excitement the the summer brings when droves of people disembark from the ships that stop over and the traffic created by all the cottage folks and the music festivals and outdoor markets. But come fall we become a sleepy little village once again where you meet only familiar faces. I LOVE THAT!!!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well its my last day in the us of A.....
Its sure been an experience here...
I went to the american pickers shop (antique archeology) yesteday, which was fun...

As good as its been, im looking forward to going home now... engilsh food mmmmm...
And you cant beat your own bed... and evo....

Iv got about a gram of grape stomper left, and about a third of a gram of agent orange budder...
Iv decided i liked my first batch of budder much better... the new batch is alot harsher and doesn't taste anywhere near as good...

Its looking unlikely that ill finish it all today, but i will try my hardest....

I also bought some edibles for the way home.... im not sitting in the same place for over 8 hours, without some mind magic going on....
But iv never bought edibles before, so am a little unsure as to the dose...

My normal dose at home would be 1 gram of my flowers...
So say thats at 1g @ 20% thc... 200mg???right????
So i bought some cookies and orange hard sweets (not candy), at 100mg each..
So this should do if i eat the lot before i go fly right????

Anyway im sure ill be fine... if i come back here again, ill fly straight to denver this time... i havent enjoyed the 3000 miles driving...
Its mind numingly boring to operate a car here.... nothing but endless miles of straight road, and huge fines for breaking the speed limit...
At least in the uk we have many corners to break things up, and i can also drive about at close to 100 without too much worry...
160 on my bike... in the right place...

Also, all this force fed cannabis has pushed my tolerance right up... i guess colorado will do that to people... looking forward to getting back to some hard word, healthy eating, and not vaping herbs all day...

I prefer cannabis when i go all day without it.....

I suppose its meant to be an escape from life, if you do it all day everyday, it becomes life....

MinnBobber

....................................................................................................................
You said you never BOUGHT edibles before. Have you done edibles before??

They can be very tricky as experienced vapers can get very different results with edibles. I know some heavy heavy vapers
where a small edible gets them totally f'd up and other micro dosers where edibles never get them off.
The standard dose is 10 mg so 200 mg is a huge dose.
So, just be mindful...

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Well its my last day in the us of A.....
Its sure been an experience here...
I went to the american pickers shop (antique archeology) yesteday, which was fun...

As good as its been, im looking forward to going home now... engilsh food mmmmm...
And you cant beat your own bed... and evo....

Iv got about a gram of grape stomper left, and about a third of a gram of agent orange budder...
Iv decided i liked my first batch of budder much better... the new batch is alot harsher and doesn't taste anywhere near as good...

Its looking unlikely that ill finish it all today, but i will try my hardest....

I also bought some edibles for the way home.... im not sitting in the same place for over 8 hours, without some mind magic going on....

Anyway im sure ill be fine... if i come back here again, ill fly straight to denver this time... i havent enjoyed the 3000 miles driving...
Its mind numingly boring to operate a car here.... nothing but endless miles of straight road, and huge fines for breaking the speed limit...
At least in the uk we have many corners to break things up, and i can also drive about at close to 100 without too much worry...
160 on my bike... in the right place...

Also, all this force fed cannabis has pushed my tolerance right up... i guess colorado will do that to people... looking forward to getting back to some hard word, healthy eating, and not vaping herbs all day...

I prefer cannabis when i go all day without it.....

I suppose its meant to be an escape from life, if you do it all day everyday, it becomes life....
just sitting over here, imagining a foreigner stoned out of their skull trying to understand why the united states is so damn odd..

my bike is four hours away and with the job and a beautiful new daughter, I don't get to ride much..

kellya86

Herb gardener...
You said you never BOUGHT edibles before. Have you done edibles before??

Yes, quite regularly, but with a gram of decarbed flower.... so im unsure as to how these bought products compare...

Would 10mg really touch me???

my bike is four hours away and with the job and a beautiful new daughter, I don't get to ride much..

I dont get to ride much either, partly due to working so much, partly due to crappy english weather and not wanting to get my bike salty...
What you riding????

Iv seen so many morons here, tearing up town streets on the back wheel, with absolutely no gear....
This is evolution in progress...natural selection, survival of the fittest...
Whatever you wanna call it, these people seem destined to be removed from the gene pool.....

MinnBobber

Yes, quite regularly, but with a gram of decarbed flower.... so im unsure as to how these bought products compare...

Would 10mg really touch me???

For me, it seems like CO dispensary edibles hit me much harder than my own DIY edibles.
200 mg seems like a huge dose but if you are used to doing a gram (approx 200mg) then ???

Maybe do 100 before checkin and after 90 minutes, if you haven't "taken off from the 100",have some more
while waiting for the airplane takeoff??
We'd just hate to read about a crazed Brit that had to zip-tied to his seat and gagged as he keep shouting
"I want my EVO" ;)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
For me, it seems like CO dispensary edibles hit me much harder than my own DIY edibles.
200 mg seems like a huge dose but if you are used to doing a gram (approx 200mg) then ???

Maybe do 100 before checkin and after 90 minutes, if you haven't "taken off from the 100",have some more
while waiting for the airplane takeoff??
We'd just hate to read about a crazed Brit that had to zip-tied to his seat and gagged as he keep shouting
"I want my EVO" ;)

Ha, i do want my evo alot....

I jus spoke to the owner of a headshop in chicago...
Anyway he was 400lb, and said 160mg fucked him over a gooden....

Im 10 english stone....
So we shall see...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@kellya86 thanks for taking us along on your trip to the U.S. it was fun to see us Americas from another prospective. Glad you had a fun time here. I would imagine the airport is going to be tight security due to the BS that's been going on in Europe and all over the world with terror attacks. We live in a free society and others are trying to shut that down. Trying to scare folks.

I'm thinking about those in the attacks in the U.K. Stay strong.

Be careful with the edibles. You don't want to white knuckle it on the plane ride home.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you write on a chalkboard with a piece of chalk, the riding becomes legible, and art can be seen.
If you turn the chalk sideways and fill the entire board, then there is no art or message to tune into... for the sheer abundance of the medium that is meant to transport the message.
That is one way of looking at it......
but "meant to be" by who?
If you mean the big man upstairs... I think it was meant to be medicine.
I have maintained a very successful and ongoing escape from life's bludgeonings
and that escape has become life.
A pleasant life.
Others distinctly prefer the "weekend treat" philosophy.
A pleasure reading your insights.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That is one way of looking at it......
but "meant to be" by who?
If you mean the big man upstairs...

Wasnt thinking that deep into it...
But now that you ask... i cant back up my words... cannabis should be consumed any way people wish...
If that means waking up and vaping all day every day, thats just fine....

And i completely get that, i havent had a break in over 10 years... im an everyday user (party med), but i work all day, then use cannabis from about 4 or 5pm onwards...

As for the man upstairs... ????
Well im more inclined to believe more plausible theories....
Higher powers/engineers ???? Possibly....
Mainstream/commercial religions???
Definitely not....... imo...

A pleasure reading your insights.

really enjoy reading about your American adventures.

love hearing about your vacation adventure.

It's been fun hearing about your travels

Glad some people have enjoyed it, and hope i havent been just clogging this random thread too much...

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Glad some people have enjoyed it, and hope i havent been just clogging this random thread too much...
You most certainly have not been clogging the random thread. IMO anyway. I know I also very much enjoyed hearing about your vacation. As @CarolKing said, it's been fun to see us from another perspective. Colorado looks like a beautiful place -- I've never been there so I really appreciated the pictures... It's a shame you couldn't see more of the US, there's an awful lot to see. We have some beautiful country up in northern Minnesota where I live. Lots of lakes... :)

Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time over here!

:peace:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
You most certainly have not been clogging the random thread. IMO anyway. I know I also very much enjoyed hearing about your vacation. As @CarolKing said, it's been fun to see us from another perspective. Colorado looks like a beautiful place -- I've never been there so I really appreciated the pictures... It's a shame you couldn't see more of the US, there's an awful lot to see. We have some beautiful country up in northern Minnesota where I live. Lots of lakes... :)

Anyway, glad to hear you had a good time over here!

:peace:
man on man, I miss it up there.. going from northern Minnesota to the Twin Cities really sucks.. living out in the sticks with no neighbors to people EVERYWHERE.. its nice to have a good career though..

Top Bottom