Random thoughts

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We all want to live in the best place in the world. Being safe and staying healthy is important no matter what your age. Even when you try to do the right things it doesn't always work out. That would include affordable healthcare for all with preexisting conditions. Affordable means not taking 1/2 of ones paycheck. Preexisting conditions mean I can get insurance that's affordable even though I am a breast cancer survivor.

I'm hoping to retire soon. I don't know if that will be an option for me. Not trying to be political and not trying to feel sorry for myself, just worried and trying to prepare.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Thought about this today. Never saw the movie for Apollo XIII yet. Please don't tell me how it ends. ;)

This hack is legend.:bowdown: Kludge matters. :haw:
dfo7hf01os5pun0ffecc.jpg

The Greatest Space Hack Ever | Popular Science
This is the actual hack that saved the astronauts of the Apollo XIII

Duct Tape Auto Repair on the Moon | National Air and Space Museum

A mission to mars should have a crate full of random junk drawer items.:freak: I'm half Serious.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Things iv noticed about america now im here..

You love pickups tucks, and towing massive trailers with them. Some carrying 10 ton diggers... that cant be safe...
Neither is having no wheel arches...
And different vehicles having different turn signals...
Engine braking illegal on motorway...what???

iv covered 500 miles yesteday in about 7 hours.. you could never do that in the uk...
Having uninterrupted straight roads really helps get places quicker...

As you can see i only noticed road stuff so far...

Oh and your toilets have way too much water in them...
What the hell is that all about...???

kellya86

Herb gardener...
They are a two in one bidet & loo. Either that or those strange folks love a bit of pisswater splashback when laying some cable ;).

Its just not right ???

MHOQbfN.jpg

Glad it's going well, and that you aren't in a holding cell in the airport. :lol:

Not yet but there is still plenty of chances to cock it up...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
well, our Canadian toilets look just like that. What do you imagine they should look like?

They should only have a smal amount of water at the bottom to cover the u bend....
This avoids splashback like @Stevenski said....

Also without being too crude... if your erm...
enough of a man let say, you touch the water, and thats not right......

Squiby

Also without being too crude... if your erm...
enough of a man let say, you touch the water, and thats not right......
I guess you're just going to have to back up a bit while you use the American loo. :rockon:

Our men stand up over the toilet to relieve themselves and most all of the men around these rural parts also do it standing up.....outside, usually behind their truck.

MinnBobber

kellya, US has had ample water and we got used to not caring about it, so we had mega-water toilets.
Things are changing as many areas now have water shortages/ it's getting more expensive and valuable
so many areas now have stricter codes for new construction, with low water toilets and showerheads required.

Let us know how our toilet paper stacks up vs Europe....

Ricardo

On my one and only visit to the USA (admittedly many years ago and only in the Bay Area) , I was very unimpressed by the separation between stalls in restrooms. Flimsy material for the most part, "walls" never reached the floor... zero privacy. :hmm:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@kellya86

Beyond the bathrooms, what are you enjoying the most about the States?

Well i am enjoying the driving believe it or not.. you have some strange rules, but it seems to work... i like the space you have on the roads, and being able to undertake on the interstate (motorway)...

Im also blown away by how enthusiastic you americans are, about everything...
Everyone is so nice and upbeat...

You have really cool shops... its a novelty to see what you sell in your head shops...
Ours are shite...

Im in nebraska still at the moment, leaving for manitou spring in a day, 8 hours more driving but its fun... party music on loud, everyone singing and having fun, time/miles fly by...
Im looking forward to the colorado nature, scenery and dispensarys...

And getting some good weather hopefully at some point, its not been great so far...
If colorado weather isnt sorted when im there, ill stock up and head back east to the heat....

Things im not too happy with...
You have no idea what a sausage is....
Or cheese... if you can squeeze cheese from a bottle, its not cheese...
Food is expensive here...
10 dollars for a chicken...
5 dollars for most other things....

Eating sugar products for breakfast is not healthy people....

Parked for 2 hours in chicago and got charged 35 dollars... what the fuck....

But petrol (gas) is cheap, even if it is such low qualitly i wouldnt put it in my lawnmower... added ethanol isnt good for engines...

In the uk we get naturally high octane fuel, up to 105 ron...

And yes like @Ricardo says, no privicy in restrooms (toilets)...

Oh and you have to tip everyone here...
In the uk we only tip if we want to...
Isnt that the whole point of a tip???

Anyway im enjoying all the differences good or bad...

Edit:- i just learned why tips are so important...
I just got told that as a server you get 3 dollars an hour... thats slavery....

And loo roll is the same....

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Things im not too happy with...
You have no idea what a sausage is....
Or cheese... if you can squeeze cheese from a bottle, its not cheese...
Welcome to the Cornucopia of Processed foods. :haw: There is local and even commercial cheeses worth checking out if you get a chance. There are less of the European softer cheeses perhaps. Sausage, well I don't think they let us have old world sausage. By some sort of restriction involving parts or casings. :hmm: I do however have a local piggery that has their own shop.
I like Cabot habanero cheese at room temperature. If you have/acquire a palette for hot food.

How about coffee? I'm sure Colorado has enough choices.

Hopefully you find cheaper places to get food, etc that will aid your quests.:science::sherlock::spidey:

Glad you are liking the shops and get some native enthusiasm.

And loo roll is the same....
You read my mind on that question.:rofl:
Get yourself Rocky Mountain high.:peace:
John-Denver-Sanctuary-in-Aspen.png

xenafied.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Something civilised like this?

FM9LES3obl51JOZBMZAxBWFboTAGfKy0dAalNUgyP06FRNSCEh4htb1xXhpVF5Nj0vrlSvEoOgzmPwf9xb_fOL7HwE3FY8rzY7bqWvlY51aifTuTT8Y

Now thats a shitter im comfortable with...

@CuckFumbustion im sure i could find my sort of food, if i looked harder..
Im sure a proper butcher somewhere is earing proper sausage...

There is no chip shops here....
Or kebab shops....

Im thinking of moving here and opening hotel, serving proper english breakfast and other food...
With a proper pub, and a chip / kebab shop...

Maybe its a genius idea....
Or a really stupid one...
Dont think there will be much middle ground.....

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
There is no chip shops here....
Or kebab shops....

Im thinking of moving here and opening hotel, serving proper english breakfast and other food...
With a proper pub, and a chip / kebab shop...

Maybe its a genius idea....
Or a really stupid one...
Dont think there will be much middle ground.....

A kebab shop attached to a pub is genius. I have two kebab shops & a OE chippy within 100 yards of my place. Life is good & yes the two kebab shops hate each other :).

Top Bottom