• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I was a Photographer......An ambulance arrived land took me away. I recovered quickly after a two week hospital stay. I was young.

Damm, you got your clock cleaned. Two weeks in hospital is pretty bloody serious though.

Anyway, I can't imagine playing that game voluntarily. The battering their bodies go through, even with padding. The level of fitness, agility and strength required certainly is way, way beyond anything I have come close to in my life and I used to be very fit.

What padding? The only football I know where padding is used is NFL. I copped some heavy tackles but the worst was one I never saw coming from the side. When you see it coming you can adjust but outside the vision cone seemingly multiples the force of impact as your brain cannot hit the ABS & airbags.

Ditto! Well, ditto about the year 2010. I somehow came across the Collingwood v. St. Kilda grand final (on TPB I think) and I was hooked.

What one :p? The draw was far more exciting than the replay.

grokit

well-worn member
The only football I know where padding is used is NFL.
Pussies :lol:

hines-ward-tennessee-titans-hitjpg-f68ac435597a722b.jpg

I'm rooting for a good one tomorrow, but my prediction is 31 - 10 pats :tup:

:popcorn:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
You know, I recently watched SNL's mocking of Sean Spicer. I thought it was pretty funny as it portrayed Spicer as an angry buffoon. I then watched a clip of the actual Sean Spicer at a recent press conference.

I now think SNL was pretty forgiving. I found the actual Spicer to be more of a clown.

The man really can't speak, and he seems angry about it.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I read this on HuffPo, and really a great article that brings some interesting thoughts so I am going to share it:

I’m A Liberal, And I Want Milo Yiannopoulos On My Campus
"
Just last week, Breitbart News editor and public speaker Milo Yiannopoulos saw one of his speaking engagements canceled when a protest against him at UC Berkeley turned into a violent riot. Rioters broke windows and even took part in brutal beatings of Milo’s supporters.

I am not on the same side politically as Milo. I am a liberal because I believe in liberty. First and foremost, my most cherished liberty is freedom of speech. The entire idea of freedom of speech is predicated on the notion that one must protect not only speech which they agree with, but also speech they disagree with. That also extends to speech which *gasp* offends you.

The violent rioters at UC Berkeley are representative of a phenomenon I and other actual liberals call the “regressive left.” The regressive left doesn’t truly stand for liberty. Instead, they stand for the idea that anyone that says anything which offends them or doesn’t fit their narrative can and should be silenced.

This regressive mindset is not only wrong, it is incredibly dangerous. A healthy public debate of ideas never silences anyone who wishes to engage in an open and honest dialogue about important issues. Unlike many of his critics and the bulk of these rioters, I have actually listened to Milo speak.

When Milo is faced with a tantrum from a protester who disrupts his events, he mercilessly mocks them to no end. However, and this is crucial to my view of Yiannopoulos, when faced with a respectful challenge to his ideas, he’s extremely polite and gives very well thought out answers to genuine questions from liberals.

This is what public discourse between people who disagree is supposed to look like. It’s not supposed to look like the absolute temper tantrum that many regressive leftists throw at his events.

And when they’re not throwing tantrums, these regressives resort to the next most destructive thing, name-calling. You’ve all heard it over the course of the past year. Conservatives are racist, sexist, islamophobic etc. Despite my progressive views and liberal credentials as a youth leader in the Democratic Party, I’ve been called all of these things when I speak freely about political issues. The one thing I have not been called is the utterly hyperbolic “neo-Nazi.”

Milo has been called a neo-Nazi by many of his most fervent critics. He is also a half Jewish, openly gay man. I will refer to my ethnic heritage when I say that calling Milo a Nazi is incredibly insulting to the memory of my ancestors and the millions of others who suffered during the holocaust.

Milo is not an oppressor, he’s a messenger. I don’t agree with every aspect of his message. However, I must admit, I agree with some of it. And that’s important. It’s important for people from different sides of the isle to listen to one another. That’s how you find common ground and come to a consensus. It’s how you change minds and strengthen your movement.

When you listen and engage in a respectful dialogue about your differences, that’s called making an argument; something many liberals, the regressives, are forgetting how to do. Instead, they attempt to silence their foes by name-calling and throwing dramatic tantrums to distract from their weak debating skills.

If Milo comes to Towson, and I hope he does, don’t be one of these regressive babies. Go to his event, listen, and if you disagree with something he says, ask about it during the Q&A. As a true, blue liberal Democrat who vehemently opposes President Trump, I want avid Trump supporter and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos to know that people like me exist. I want him to know that true liberals are here to debate him, not silence him.

And lastly, I want all the regressives to know that their childish antics will not be tolerated. To each and every one of you that would even think to engage in the kind of behavior that took place at UC Berkeley, or who calls their political opponents neo-Nazis in a pathetic attempt to slander them with false, ad hominem attacks which harken back to the tactics of McCarthyism. You are the shame of the progressive movement and could not be more antithetical to true liberalism.

Learn to make actual arguments or get out of the debate hall. Right now, with this country in the state that it’s in, we adults don’t have time for your tantrums.
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ulos-on-my-campus_us_5898a3dbe4b061551b3e011c

I read that article yesterday and saw that interview last night and it touched on similar stuff throughout, all in all I think great thoughts and nice to see people "come around" so to speak. I don't mean wholly agreeing with a viewpoint I just mean not being regressive

Enchantre

Oil Painter
In the four years I've been a member here, I've learned so much about how cannabis can help, and various ways to use it.

I've lost over 150 pounds now. It's been pretty steady over the whole four years, but faster when I've leaned heavier on cannabis.

I'm able to run upstairs "all day" now. Arthritis is much less debilitating. Digestion is still an issue, but less of one, as long as I medicate.

Neuro healing seems to be continuing. I'm sharper, better short- and long-term memory. I'm back to being able to do mental math. I couldn't for YEARS.

I'm calmer. Less anxiety impacting my life.

Gonna go have some now...

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
This is what public discourse between people who disagree is supposed to look like. It’s not supposed to look like the absolute temper tantrum that many regressive leftists throw at his events.
I'm of the belief now that these things in history swing like a pendulum. But as far as public discourse. :hmm: I have been pondering that deeper.

Some people feel genuinely threatened and need to emote, which in some ways is healthy while some hysterics perform almost as if they were in some sort of contest. I think hundreds of thousands of peaceful, civil protesters who get the respect from the police deserve more attention then those on the fringe or not part of the protest but part of the disruption.

Extreme anecdotal examples can be magnified by either side. (If you believe that there is two sides. I might beg to differ. ;)) Now it has become even more apparent that the same video lip can have a different context when presented and a lib or con new agency can spin it accordingly. Then we have a President who purposefully conflates it in the mix. It seems

Fortunately the shift that I have been getting with, and has become a larger theme with Bannon as key adviser, is the dangers of only listening to your own beliefs unchallenged surrounded by sycophants and mouthbreathers in an echo chamber. :tinfoil: It used to be more of a geographic thing. Like living in a suburb or gated community or perhaps isolated by population. You can apply that to both camps.

There is less of a larger shared news source that we all watch or can consider a baseline for that matter. What is being shown in airports and on say monitors being sold an electronics store?

The Internet didn't provide more information for some as predicted by ,some became uncomfortable with that and seeked out like minded people and then reductio ad absurdum. (My favorite Harry Potter spell. BTW :science:)
“regressive left.”? "regressive right."? What if I regressed and lumped them both together? :haw: @HellsWindStaff thanks for the 2 cents worth. :peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I wonder if there is any place that we can go, to have some fun, and get away from the politicization of everything. Why do people continue to use some threads, at virtually every opportunity, to mix politics into the conversation. imho, it is making FC not such a fun place like it used to be. Why take the fun out of FC by constantly weaving a political statement in with your posts which helps to polarize the community? It promotes disharmony here and damages otherwise good relationships.

:peace::leaf::peace:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I wonder if there is any place that we can go, to have some fun, and get away from the politicization of everything. Why do people continue to use every thread, at virtually every opportunity, to mix politics into the conversation. imho, it is making FC not such a fun place like it used to be. Why take the fun out of FC by constantly weaving a political statement in with your posts? It promotes disharmony in the community and damages otherwise good relationships.

It certainly seems that way sometimes, It has been a hard year to remain a-political with a lot of the ordinary things of life being politicized. I tell myself "This too shall pass" and remain patient and try to offer different ways of weighing things while not be a total bore with the subject matter. And perhaps offer a different take that will give a person a little more peace. But I can see the politics being a drag for some who want to take up a different conversation. :horse:
I have tried to temper a few conversations myself that appeared heated for fear of possible disharmony. At least we all agree about combustion? right?

Also I have faith someone or something will come along, like say the latest football games or that certain states might be consider going pro-recreational (:bowdown:C'mon NYS) or someone might simply share an experience/success story they are having that has some point worth sharing.:) Even if it is just a random thought. Thank goodness most people have found a balance and can enjoy all the forms of conversation being offered here.
In the four years I've been a member here, I've learned so much about how cannabis can help, and various ways to use it.

I've lost over 150 pounds now. It's been pretty steady over the whole four years, but faster when I've leaned heavier on cannabis.

I'm able to run upstairs "all day" now. Arthritis is much less debilitating. Digestion is still an issue, but less of one, as long as I medicate.

Neuro healing seems to be continuing. I'm sharper, better short- and long-term memory. I'm back to being able to do mental math. I couldn't for YEARS.

I'm calmer. Less anxiety impacting my life.

Gonna go have some now...
It's great when you correct the one thing that helps all the other things fall in place.:tup: I used to weigh 250 Lbs and went Gluten free for two years. First year I lost over 50lbs! Now I am a thin person who needs to buy new clothes that fit. :haw: When I quit Gluten, I quit eating a lot less processed food and later other good eating habits emerged without my self prodding. Have more energy to get around. My memory feels sharper. I don't get tired and as upset over things that normally frustrate me. Being tired has a huge drain on though processes and can lead to lazier ways of thinking. Then stinking thinking come later. That whole circle. So glad to be on the outside looking in than the reverse situation. :uhoh:
@Enchantre My doctor rec'd yogurt for my digestive problems and it worked so well that I quit taking medicine for it. Mint seems to help me too. Hope you find something that works.

“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”Groucho Marx
:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well this thread got less random and more political....

I wonder if there is any place that we can go, to have some fun, and get away from the politicization of everything. Why do people continue to use some threads, at virtually every opportunity, to mix politics into the conversation. imho, it is making FC not such a fun place like it used to be. Why take the fun out of FC by constantly weaving a political statement in with your posts which helps to polarize the community? It promotes disharmony here and damages otherwise good relationships.

Well said @t-dub

Why have the mods not stepped in here to put this thread back on track.... this is a random thread, not a political thread...

I understand there is alot of passion for your country and the majority of you are not happy with the current situation, but post in the news thread or start a political thread, if there is not already one....

Random thread people, the rest of the world don't want your troubles shuvved in their faces at every turn....

Now on a more random note........

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Well said @t-dub

Now on a more random note........
How about some gratitude? I do have to remind myself that this is place is international, but is comfortable enough to feel local. I love that. Like say the duel conversations about 'football'. Or helping somebody in Australia get an EVO. Or helping someone in the UK find freshly dried lemongrass. Plenty have helped me find vapor goodness. Thanks all around. :clap:
I sure don't visit FC to argue over or discuss politics and religion. What would be the point?:doh::rofl::hmm:
I just came to find out about a PAX. That was over 2 years ago. What has happened to me? :freak:
As a thing, I try not to add to the burden of the mods and don't discuss them at all on the thread. And certainly don't call them or posters out. That is a No-No for me. Sometimes I can quell a topic that came up OR bring up a larger topic that others will find more interesting and less shrill or serious sounding. Levity is key. :D

Sorry, I'm out of jokes ATM. Somebody else will have to pick up the ball on that one. ;) Keep shining FCers!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Why have the mods not stepped in
I try not to add to the burden of the mods and don't discuss them at all on the thread

I'm not aiming to annoy the mods or get told off... or tell them how to do their job.....

I'm new to forums, this is my first...
I'm just making sense of it all still....
Sometimes I see people get told off for quite minor derails...

Yet this thread has been mainly political for the last 3 pages....

I just got a carpet gripper straight through my nail....
29kVZXuh.jpg

Dammit....
IxY95Irh.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well said @t-dub

Why have the mods not stepped in here to put this thread back on track.... this is a random thread, not a political thread...
I agree.... well said @t-dub .

I debated whether to answer this and have now, hopefully, had sufficient coffee to do it in a way that doesn't create disturbance or bad feelings.

One of the reasons we have allowed some of the 'talk' is that we don't want to be accused of censorship. We also know that some members feel that they want to discuss current concerns over government with other members. In a perfect world, that would work. But as we have seen multiple times recently (and over the years) it doesn't here. I have encouraged some of those members to take it to pm and have even offered to set up a private group conversation. But no takers. :shrug:That offer still stands.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for the other moderators, so I'm going to tell you how I feel about politics bleeding into the vape threads and into other threads that they don't 'belong.' I HATE coming on here first thing in the morning with my coffee to break up political arguments or see hateful rhetoric regarding politics. From either side. There was a lot of talk about 'safe spaces' after the election and frankly? THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE. This is where I (and many others) come to talk about vapes, marijuana and have some fun. We do not come here to hear views on politics. If we wanted to do that, we could turn on the tv or go to a political forum.

But the thing that bothers me most about bringing politics here? We have always had a 'family feel' here. And this shit is dividing the 'family.'

So I would LOVE it if those who keep bringing their political views here would stop.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

A random political thought that shouldn't piss off the left or right:

I'm an independent and voted for the most important party on our MN ballot;

The Legalize Cannabis Now Party which had the most important platform for me ;)

It brings the left and right together.....

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My apologies for the political themed post, it was something I found interesting and in the context of the last few pages I can understand it as poking the bear so to speak; bad on me for not reading the former pages and shouldn't of added to it. Had read the article in the morning and saw that interview at night so was random thoughts on my mind and didn't think about them in the context of this thread.

@kellya86 I would love to be able to post about how happy I am for this country but there isn't really anywhere appropriate (on FC). If I made a thread in Lounge akin to "Come here to celebrate your wood" and titled it "Come here to celebrate Trump" where I and others posted things we dug about the administration, if we premised it, "Leave your negativity at the door" someone would still berate us and bring negativity. Hell even in the political cartoon thread, a thread premised on "lets not talk politics and just post cartoons about them" they are 9/10 Anti Trump (which is fine - I don't correct the slander/bias and even chuckle at the funnies) but why is it that only the cartoons from the right are ever subject to scrutiny and finger wagging? It only took 3 pages for someone to add their .02 and lament about the "deplorable dharmic disturbances in the regressive right" :lol: it's for cartoons/memes/etc!

Which, is a shame in general, that we can only talk politics if we circle jerk the same idea. That gives no one any sort of insight or knowledge or anything.

Not saying that FC is the place to talk politics but I always found the political talks here interesting, and while biased I learned some interesting stuff and gained some interesting perspective from both left and right. You guys showed me the raw dogging/good side of Carter, and you could say that the politics thread on FC even pushed me further right with some of the perspective I garnered in it - despite the bias I kind of liked FC as a neutral field that housed members of both sides (albeit skewed in how many) and had better discussion here that led to thinking differently about something because rather than /r/The_Donald circle jerking Trump or MSNBC Forum REEEEing about Trump. I guess I viewed this as an area where you can get your viewpoint challenged; respectfully and intellectually because of the rules of the forum. Unfortunately that has all but devolved over the last year +.

My random thoughts on the Random Thoughts thread and political climate I guess, I'll :peace: and keep it out of here not trying to kill any vibes. What's the deal with airline food?

CuckFumbustion

It is scientific fact that at altitude your taste buds don't work as well so airline food is designed to be extra flavorful. I have had lots of Snap-E-Tom on planes . . . :tup:

snap-e-tom-tomato-23539.jpg
This is true. 'Airline chicken' is chicken cut in such a way that more fat is added in proportion to it's meat. So you can taste the chicken fat goodness more.
So what is the deal with Grape Nuts?

MinnBobber

I just had a random thought, brought on by a thread asking what do you do with ABV when you are out?

At a coffeeshop in Amsterdam, I was high as a kite off a Verdampfer and finished my session. There was also a little language/culture barrier.
I had a pile of ABV and asked the coffeeshop owner what she wanted me to do with the ABV, if she wanted to keep it for edibles or something. I didn't want to waste the ABV and was so used to saving mine.
She looked at me just like I had asked her , "say, I just took a big shit in the toilet, do you want to keep it or should I flush it"?

Stupid Americaner, but just trying to be nice :)

Top Bottom