Random thoughts

Enchantre

Oil Painter
“This world can seem marvelously convincing until death collapses the illusion (and evicts us from our hiding place.”) ~ Sogyal Rinpoche, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

“Always recognize the dreamlike qualities of life and reduce attachment and aversion.
Practice good-heartedness toward all beings. Be loving and compassionate, no matter what others do to you. What they will do will not matter so much when you see it as a dream. The trick is to have positive intention during the dream. This is the essential point. This is true spirituality.” ~ Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

Pure Peace :leaf:
Yesterday I got to wander around a couple of used book stores, and I picked up a copy of this text, along with several others of Buddhist bent.

The older I get, and the rougher the journey, the more I feel comfortable with Buddhism. I've been to so many extremes, that I love the Middle Way.

Just be.

grokit

well-worn member
Cotton is soft and comfortable. :nod: Blue jeans and cotton shirts are always in fashion. But not practical for hiking and wet weather. To a hiker - Cotton kills.
Why Cotton Kills, A Technical Explanation
There was a well-written article yesterday in the adn about just this, where the writer made the mistake of stating an appreciation for cotton undergarments. He was shredded in the comments section by those that knew better, re what it takes to stay alive because if you get wet you can't trap air then you're dead.

:doh::rip:

killick

But I like it!
Nothing beats hessien undergarments...

I discovered that the sift screens I have are labelled wrong. Looking at them through a window shows quite clearly which one is 160 and which is 60. So I made dry sift. About 3 grams from 10 nice bud. Loaded some into Milaana on top of a wee bed of herb, and this vid is helping me enjoy it.

grokit

well-worn member
I've got more to say about my underwear :D. The waistband, in particular. With the kirkland cotton boxer briefs I referenced earlier, the elastic waistband is exposed so I had to tuck an undershirt inside it, to avoid it making direct contact with my skin. The jockeys encapsulate the waistband entirely with cotton fabric.

nvyA5py.jpg

Edited to reference @Vitolo, from what I read the jcp's elastic is exposed on the inside.

:tup::tup:

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

“My heart is at ease knowing that what is meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.” ~ Imam ash Shafi’i

“(All) women have a perception much more developed than men. So (all) women somehow, being repressed for so many millennia, they ended up by developing this sixth sense and contemplation and love. And this is something that we have a hard time to accept as part of our society.” ~ Paul Coelho

Meanwhile.... After listening to un-elected UK Prime Minister Theresa May (which was a feat of endurance, beyond the ability of most sane people) talking utter crap about Brexit and Britain (as the 'service centre' of the world) being open for business, I was moved to post the following quote, as a timely warning to both her and the sheeple who actually accept her nonsense fuckery!

Rome lived upon its principal till ruin stared it in the face. Industry is the only true source of wealth, and there was no industry in Rome. By day the Ostia road was crowded with carts and muleteers, carrying to the great city the silks and spices of the East, the marble of Asia Minor, the timber of the Atlas, the grain of Africa and Egypt; and the carts brought out nothing but loads of dung. That was their return cargo.

– The Martyrdom of Man by Winwood Reade (1871)

Peace:leaf:

BD9

It's the end of the world and I don't feel fine.

Seems trump not only worship dictators, he also likes their parades. trump and staff wanted a straight up Red Square/North Korea style military parade complete with tanks and missile launchers. It's like he uses these things as an extension of his penis.

There are those who say "Oh, give him a chance", "You don't know how he will govern". Yes. I do know how he'll govern. I know by his own words.
This person that will be sitting in the White House is dangerous, immature, and a buffoon of the highest order.
Then there is his 'second' in command. Who is a religious extremists and responsible for for hundreds of people becoming infected with HIV. He is also an environmental racist.

I'm very concerned for the future of my country.

Trypsy Summers

Bearing in mind that I'm just a passer by,
I gotta say I thought Donald Trump's, speech was excellent. I loved the way he spoke about the rot in Washington, If I was an American I would be feeling that this man was the real deal. But I'm not!
I didn't like the religious stuff after his speech though! But I liked how he spoke to the people,and not the establishment. I also liked the way he sought to be inclusive.

The look of the establishment from both sides of the divide was a picture, everyone of them as glum as fuck! Killary Clinton - priceless!

I liked the way he didn't bash President Obama, over the Healthcare thing. He was kinda classy - to me'

not saying;), just saying:2c:, without saying:),

:leaf: Peace

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I gotta say I thought Donald Trump's, speech was excellent. I loved the way he spoke about the rot in Washington, If I was an American I would be feeling that this man was the real deal. But I'm not!
I didn't like the religious stuff after his speech though! But I liked how he spoke to the people,and not the establishment. I also liked the way sought to be inclusive.

The look of the establishment from both sides of the divide was a picture, everyone of them as glum as fuck! Killary Clinton -priceless!

I liked the way he didn't bash President Obama, over the Healthcare thing. He was kinda classy - to me'

I don't think you will accumulate many likes with that post....
But I agree with you, if that was the only moment you could judge him on, and knew nothing else, it looked positive.....

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm very concerned for the future of my country.
Most of America is concerned.
We will adapt.
Nobody likes change... but we learn to live with change.
We do not vote in our home... ever.
In the most extreme example of coercive political rule (like in Mao Tse Tung's China.... where all citizens were made to wear uniforms and carry the "Little Red Book" on their person)... If a new rule were passed that all Americans under law had to wear a lapel pin with a USA flag on it....
... then a large number of people would rebel and refuse, and go to prison, until the prisons were totally full, and then the law would be re-thought.
The majority of the country would wear a lapel pin after seeing thousands imprisoned.
Before long the country would all become accustomed to wearing a lapel pin...
...UNTIL the next clowns in power Invent a new set of whimsical rules for us to rebel against (or comply with).
I won't gain many likes from this post.. I realize.
BUT...
It is what it is, and those that think voting matters or changes the outcome already devised, planned and decided by the establishment, may just be existing in a delusional state.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
<3 Trypsy well said. This is a message he's reiterated quite a bit and big reason why he won. I also didn't particularly like the religious stuff either felt a bit pandering but I myself am pretty unreligious so my bias in that regard is effecting my PoV too.

My random thought tho is why would anyone ever volunteer to be on a show like Drugs Inc or the like. I was watching last night, they had an episode based in my area. Saw a cop car when they are arranging a bust, has a small town near me's name on it. Saw them arrest guy in house with "raw heroin" they touted how uncommon that is in small towns, and they blurred out his face but he had pretty distinctive hair. They also referenced a years statistics so I knew this was filmed within 2-3 years. Also knew the month because they said "a cold January" also knew kids in house.

So I googled "town name, raw heroin, January." Got a local news result that fit everything and had suspects name. Looked up owner on FB and same distinctive hair.

Now I took extra steps and pieced it together, but definitely him. In the episode the cops mentioned how he is willing to roll on his supplier, but since he was on probation his po wanted to keep him locked up rather than allow him to take the deal.

I imagine if you have 40k of heroin your supplier probably wouldn't be happy he was trying to roll. That seems awfully lackadaisical on producers end. I have no sympathy for people who peddle that shit but it just kind of flabbergasted me how easy I pieces it together.

Similarly the next episode had a CO officer in NJ who smuggled stuff. They probably had about 10-20 seconds of footage of his blurry badge. But they said he didn't work at Bergen County and if I lined up all the county CO badges I bet I could figure out which prison based on the blurry logo as they all seem unique (the episode was about Bergen County and you could clearly tell their badge was different than this guys even with the blur on his)

Just strange how crappy their anonymity techniques are

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Most of America is concerned.
We will adapt.
Nobody likes change... but we learn to live with change.
We do not vote in our home... ever.

Do you mean literally you don't fill out a ballot? Or did you vote but you are simply saying:

It is what it is, and those that think voting matters or changes the outcome already devised, planned and decided by the establishment, may just be existing in a delusional state.

Which goes hand in hand with this:

It's your right to vote and I don't begrudge anyone for not taking advantage of it, if you felt neither candidate was up your alley. Now if you mean you did actually vote but you felt the result was already predetermined, similar to the Carlin meme, I actually do disagree in this instance based on how things are going right now.

I think this was the election when people in the country realized the government doesn't give a fuck about them. That the government is only interested in it's own power. The results speak to that. You have history, here is a guy who is the first POTUS, who was neither a politician nor a general. He is the first of his kind. The start of something new, whether that new becomes like the old we will see, but it is certainly new.

The powers that be, the status quo government and media, they said this would never happen. I agree wholeheartedly that a lot of government is a farce, but I also believe that Trumps win is an outlier to that farce. So to your random thought of:

"those that think voting matters or changes the outcome already devised, planned and decided by the establishment...."

I do think that it did, or else HC would of won. She was the establishment candidate gifted and groomed. America woke up, realized that her and her establishment don't care about us, and voted for something new. Maybe I'm delusional :p but it sounds far fetched to me based on public/media/politicians reactions and opinions that DT was going to be handed this election based on the powers that be, and he was always predetermined.

I don't disagree with either of your posts regarding most elections/government in the past but I do think that this election was the "sooner or later" that Carlin references.

Now, is that to say that Donald Trump isn't interested in his own power? I'm sure he is. Does he truly care about the people? That we will see. Will his "something new" basically become the old status quo that DT voters rallied against? Time will tell. But as of now, he isn't the status quo and with the status quo I think comes everything you've talked about.

Good thoughts :) fun thread

Vitolo

Vaporist
Do you mean literally you don't fill out a ballot?
I mean that I literally do not fill out a balllot.
Neither of us do.
We are not even registered voters.
It's your right to vote
Exactly. It is our right, but it is not our responsibility.
(see responsible to Vs. Responsible for)
We are proudly politically apathetic!
We have never watched the news.
We do not read newspapers. (I have never read one in 65 years!)
We have our heads securely buried in the sand of our own lives, and the lives of those we wish to help and be part of, and as the Ostrich we see nothing and nobody but what/who we want to see.

grokit

well-worn member
I voted a mixed ticket and wrote bernie in for president as my protest.

I realize that the many in the fc readership are like much of america as a whole now, and in somewhat of a state of shock even thought we all knew what was coming. As much I miss participating in the political and current-event debate threads, they are closed. Mods, please moderate gently today. I like this thread.

:myday:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I voted a mixed ticket and wrote bernie in for president as my protest.

I realize that the many in the fc readership today are like much of america as a whole, in somewhat of a state of shock even thought we all knew what was coming. As much I miss participating in the political and current-event debate threads, they are closed. Mods, please moderate this gently. I like this thread.:science:

I like this thread and want to keep most things a little less serious and open here and allow people to be express. Opinions will crop up. Like say about proper undergarments. :lol: It is also informative. or something. I figure. Also enjoy the more personal and less focused nature and chill here after having a technical discussion about vaporizers in some other thread.

Also understand how others need make sense of things and catharsis is needed to be sorted for what is currently topical. I have to remind myself to have a long view of things and try not to get caught up in the current manufactured controversy of the moment.

So for some peace, don't look at your cel phone, tv, pc as often to get a 'world impression' as often. It is all pixel points on a screen. Some buzzing from some speakers. Part of the grand illusion. The media outlets will try to grab your attention with something else tomorrow. As if they are trying to distract you from using the critical part of your brain.
Look outside your window more often to ascertain your surroundings. (It's actually good for your eyes to take breaks anyway.) And allow something apolitical to enter your brain. for Crisssakes. Or just distract yourself...
Maybe this Leary freak out session and a hit off the vape will set you right.:D

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I realize that the many in the fc readership are like much of america as a whole now, are in somewhat of a state of shock even thought we all knew what was coming. As much I miss participating in the political and current-event debate threads, they are closed. Mods, please moderate gently today. I like this thread.

What are your Random Thoughts about the 2016 Election? Birth Control? Religion? Climate Change? Gun Control???

:lol: I'm JK but I agree with both of you the air of this thread is quite nice and less serious which IMO is a good thing.

@Vitolo couldn't agree more (regarding right vs responsibility). Cool way of looking at things too, you literally kind of live in your own little world but that world brings you happiness and what more can you ask for right?

And Boxer Briefs guys c'mon easy peasy.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I am a liberal leaning democrat. Still am. I WAS absolutely sure Trump didn't have a shot of winning the race. I was absolutely sure until 2am the night of the general when I broke out in a cold sweat...... Not so much because he was sure to win but because I was so utterly shocked at how wrong I could be.

My random thoughts for the day are:
- "America" didn't wake up and vote for change and Trump. The aforementioned implies the majority of Americans voted for Trump. In fact...the majority voted for Hillary. What would be more accurate would be to say "A great number of Americans, way more than expected, voted for change and Trump and won the race as a result".
- There are none so blind as those who will not see.......There are still many of my democratic leaning acquaintances making statements, in mixed company, as if the race were still being run and nobody is voting for Trump. They have not accepted that they are not the smartest in the room and that "A great number of Americans, way more than expected don't agree with us. Maybe we should accept the loss, be gracious about it, stop thinking we are the entitled, let go of the belief that everyone who disagrees with us is "stoopid" and.... prepare for the next election.

grokit

well-worn member
The media whores---> The split dem vote---> Trump's dog-whistles---> What really happened?

Imo it was simple, and frustratingly easy.

All the warmongering corporations had to do to defeat their only enemy (bernie) was to rig the primaries for killary. They did by dragging the democratic party leadership to the "right", into the gutter.

Once that happened (and it was publicly confirmed by the email leaks), any advantage that the democrats may have had was lost. Now american nationalism/"greatness" looms large, and these corporations will be empowered. To what end nobody seems to know, but I have my ideas and they aren't pretty.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I didn't like the religious stuff after his speech though! But I liked how he spoke to the people,and not the establishment. I also liked the way he sought to be inclusive.

The look of the establishment from both sides of the divide was a picture, everyone of them as glum as fuck! Killary Clinton - priceless!

Inclusive?
His cabinet is a who's who of racists.
There is nothing inclusive about him or his party.

Silat,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
No post election post mortem for me. Even the post-postmortems have been dissected. I'm going to take a larger interest in local politics a little closer and not be as bothered by the caterwauling, trolling or baiting going on in the other reality tunnels. At some point it seems like a contest. I'd rather try to put my energy behind something positive. And perhaps contribute to making certain problems, bad ideas and poor judgement obsolete.
Maybe we should accept the loss, be gracious about it, stop thinking we are the entitled, let go of the belief that everyone who disagrees with us is "stoopid" and.... prepare for the next election.
Precisely, I would be prepared to hit the reset on a lot of things and reinterpret a few others. A lot of my misconceptions got shattered and I have had to research these things on my own to shed any light on the subject. Now imagine somebody who doesn't have the time to absorb and and be critical on these things.
And Boxer Briefs guys c'mon easy peasy.
Best of both for comfort and no riding up or cinching like those midway briefs. For me anyway. Wick-able and lightweight. Almost wash and wear.
One thing I tried for myself. Wool toe socks inside of a Wool tube socks for wearing inside of my hiking boots. My toes actually feel less restrictive and the insides of the toe socks prevent athletes foot.
Yesterday I got to wander around a couple of used book stores, and I picked up a copy of this text, along with several others of Buddhist bent.

The older I get, and the rougher the journey, the more I feel comfortable with Buddhism. I've been to so many extremes, that I love the Middle Way.

Just be.
Not really a scholar, But, I do borrow/cherry pick from Buddhism. And try to remember the Middle way and having balance. Once I have a change of setting and a pause, I can allow my thoughts to quit racing enough to being content with being in the moment.

Top Bottom